[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

On a bus with two floors, in the event an automobilist crashes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: autobus.jpg (997KB, 2580x1704px) Image search: [Google]
autobus.jpg
997KB, 2580x1704px
On a bus with two floors, in the event an automobilist crashes into the bus you're in, is it safer to be on the first floor or second floor? Why is it legal for buses to not have seatbelts?
>>
>>1034081
>Why is it legal for buses to not have seatbelts?

People use the unbuckled seatbelts to whip people sitting next to them. Decades ago, this was especially a problem on school buses, because, as you know, kids can be raging assholes to each other.
>>
File: _71928363_71925545.jpg (46KB, 624x351px) Image search: [Google]
_71928363_71925545.jpg
46KB, 624x351px
>>1034081
If a car crashes into the bus the safest area is the mid to rear top deck, a few rows back from the staircase.
If the bus hits a bridge, tree, or another bus, the safest area is on the lower deck on seats above the rear wheels.
>>
>>1034081

I know it is different but coaches in england tend to have seat belt laws if they are to go on a stretch of dual carriage way/highway at any point on the journey.
>>
Depends on the make of the bus, probably most now would be designed to withstand an impact, both buses in your pic have long since been retired & sold off by Dublin Bus.
>>
>>1034081
Usually this is the case for buses which have standing room as well, and they'll be limited in their legal top speed to something around 60-80 km/h
>>
>>1035047
Low floor buses are more dangerous because the passenger area is the impact zone
>>
File: smiths-01.jpg (737KB, 2000x1342px) Image search: [Google]
smiths-01.jpg
737KB, 2000x1342px
And if a double-decker bus
Crashes into us
To die by your side
Is such a heavenly way to die
And if a ten-ton truck
Kills the both of us
To die by your side
Well, the pleasure - the privilege is mine
>>
>>1034081
lobbyists said they didn't want the higher expenses of installing seatbelts and made up some numbers showing that they didn't really matter much for safety
>>
>>1035291
More like the high expenses of reducing the capacity of all buses by 2/3rds by no longer having standing passengers.
>>
>>1035293
that too
basically, because safety isn't worth the money
>>
>>1035290
holy shit those fags in the pic are like the most puncheable people I've ever seen
>>
>>1034081
Cause people are fucking retards and care more about saving money
>>1034277
This is the excuse they use to not spend money on it

Hence why I never ride buses
>>
File: shanganagh.png (1MB, 841x565px) Image search: [Google]
shanganagh.png
1MB, 841x565px
>>1034081
>Dublin Bus 45A

This route has one of the worst bus stops anywhere.

>50cm of pavement
>solid wall
>if leaving bus and walking south, have to wait for bus leave as otherwise get killed by bus wing mirrors

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@53.2426362,-6.1216633,3a,57.2y,29.89h,84.7t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sq1XuwMyQyqn9q3AdS-hMOA!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

Fuck Dublin Bus
>>
>>1035597
That looks dangerous. The road could easily be widened, there is just grass behind those retarded stone age walls
>>
>>1035390

>punching the smiths
>yfw they probably enjoy it
>>
>>1035052
The express buses here (MBTA) go 65+ mph on the highway with a ton of people standing during rush hour and no seatbelts.
>>
>>1035407
Also the expense of replacing seatbelts as they wear or get vandalized is extremely high.

In the event of a crash most bus passengers just get thrown into the soft back of the seat ahead of them. And there's not many things on the road that will stop a bus dead in its tracks either, aside from big trucks. Trucks and busses don't often crash into each other because professional drivers. Most bus crashes are the result of a car turning into/across the busses path, in that case the bus normally either runs over the top of the car or just bulldozes it along the road a bit, most of the time killing the cars driver/occupants but leaving the bus passengers unscathed.

I work in the bus industry. I've seen a lot of crashes.
>>
>>1035730
lol

>>1035390
>bus autist
>not knowing who the Smiths are

sounds about right, really.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.