[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

don't extend CTA Red line south of 95th street >you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: CTA Red Line.jpg (191KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
CTA Red Line.jpg
191KB, 640x480px
don't extend CTA Red line south of 95th street
>you are disenfranchising the people! WE NEED SHORTER COMMUTES
extend the CTA Red line south of 95th street
>GENTRIFICATION! YOU ARE KICKING US OUT OF OUR HOMES
>>
>>1032896
When you see white people with funny beards in Englewood,then be concerned about your rent.
>>
>>1032903
>englewood
>95th street

pick one
>>
>>1032903
That's when you buy a cheap fixer upper in the neighborhood, fix it up, and start renting it to the people with funny beards. After they've been paying your mortgage for a few years you can sell the apartment at a massive profit since the prices have gone up massively.
>>
>>1032896
Honestly chicago is a great city

As long as you define the city as starting on roosevelt and going no further west then california street
>>
File: johnston2-1468212712-61.jpg (358KB, 2480x2480px) Image search: [Google]
johnston2-1468212712-61.jpg
358KB, 2480x2480px
Or the CTA saves a billion+ dollars and doesn't eminent-domain houses by improving service on the existing Metra Electric to its former rapid-transit standards and fares. But because Metra is governed by a bunch of suburbanites and inter-agency cooperation is abysmal it will never happen.
>>
>>1032997
The Metra is NOT a rapid transit line and you need to remember South Shore line needs slots too, so the frequencies are a major issue.
>>
File: screenshot-1468210010-97.png (242KB, 782x665px) Image search: [Google]
screenshot-1468210010-97.png
242KB, 782x665px
>>1033012
That didn't preclude the Illinois Central from running 2-3x the amount of trains in the 1940s compared to today. Not being a rapid transit line doesn't preclude the New Haven Line from running 2 trains per hour all day, or suburban lines in Europe, Asia, and Australia from running 4-8 trains per hour. For a four-track electrified passenger dedicated line, scheduling timeslots for 3 branches is a trivial matter, and a lot of systems worldwide manage to get better service with less than that. It's the politics surrounding the decline of the South Side and lack of support for publicly funded transit that make Metra Electric the subpar service it is today.
>>
I'd rather the money go into the circle line or a new crosstown line the city desperately needs.
>>
>>1032985
Agree with you on the first part not so much the rest
>>
>>1033085
Whats west of california or south of roosevelt that even matters man.

South is ghetopia and west is poor ghettopia. I know of like 2 reasons to go south. Total. Fuck not even good weed down >>1033085
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.