[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are they meme transport for hipsters or something that actually

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

File: Penny board.jpg (20KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
Penny board.jpg
20KB, 500x375px
Are they meme transport for hipsters or something that actually helps you get from a to b?
>>
Literally anything bigger and less flexible is better than that wheelyboard.
>>
only great because they fit on an airplane easily
>>
>>1032288
A bike is gonna be better in almost every situation.

that means if someones riding one its because they want to look "cool" and they have aspergers
>>
Skateboard is a sport, not a transport.
>>
>>1032288
Only good to skate to school because
A. you're too young for a license;
B. your parents can't take you;
C. it's somewhat faster than walking;

and [mostly],

D. you want to go hit some spots with your skate friends after class.

It's not really transportation and, unless you already skate, not going to be worth the effort to try using it as such.
>>
>>1032288
When I was younger, I used to prefer skateboards for short distances because I didn't have to worry about anything getting stolen or locking anything up, and I could bring it inside with me at most places.
>>
>>1032506
The same could be said of any human-powered thing except walking: especially biking.
>>
>>1032795
this is the primary advantage of a skateboard desu. i'd use it to traverse my campus if it weren't for the nineteen stairwells i have to cross and roving bands of campus police to avoid.... or get around in my gentrified downtown community if i was a bogie piece of shit
>>
File: racewalking.jpg (258KB, 2048x1363px) Image search: [Google]
racewalking.jpg
258KB, 2048x1363px
>>1032817
walking has been sporterized brruh

there's a nordic version too
>>
>>1032827
>Wang
>>
>>1032836
>Wang
>Chen
>Sanchez
>Lopez
>>
>>1032827
man I know atheletes will piss on the go, but that's some next level shit
>>
>>1032817
it's a matter of efficiency. Bikes are efficient, skateboards and other fun things on wheels are not.
>>
>>1032827
wangs been putting work in
>>
>>1032288
they would but they are BANNED everywhere
>>
File: Werne-160-Skaten[1].jpg (2MB, 2247x1634px) Image search: [Google]
Werne-160-Skaten[1].jpg
2MB, 2247x1634px
what kind of black magic makes these things work?
>>
>>1033059
that arcane tradition known as physics
>>
File: 1480278374804.jpg (275KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1480278374804.jpg
275KB, 1024x768px
Okay anon I'll give you a serious answer.

I've been using a board everyday.
Do not get a penny board / nickel board they have no support once you reach decent speeds.

Look into getting a cruiser. It's a mix between a longboard and a penny board. It has actual support and doesn't look like a meme.

Look up a "Landyachtz Dinghy" that's what I have. I've gotten so used to it I just weave everywhere at full speed it makes everything so much fun you won't regret it.

Have fun.
>>
>>1033059
define "work"
>>
its good if u can already skate, otherwise start with something bigger or but even then u can end up like this guy if u get tooo cocky
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LeULNIuP9oM
>>
>>1033894
Force integrated over a certain distance.
>>
>>1032795
eh for trips between 1 and 4 kilometers in my city a bicycle is legitimately often the fastest way to get there (public transit has long waits, cabs get stuck in traffic)
>>
>>1032288
It's good for short distances like going to a bus stop it's perfect. riding on school campus is fun with these
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.