[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the best vehicle of transportation for a college

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: sarah-mitroff-hoverboard-5605.jpg (817KB, 3000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
sarah-mitroff-hoverboard-5605.jpg
817KB, 3000x2000px
What's the best vehicle of transportation for a college campus?

Thoughts on these?
>>
A single speed bicycle with low gearing
>>
File: ripstick.jpg (21KB, 400x370px) Image search: [Google]
ripstick.jpg
21KB, 400x370px
>>1032225
recently graduated, saw retarted googles carrying those up the stairs all the time, lel.

pic related, some weird autismo used to fucking shred with one of these
>>
>>1032226

Basically, yeah, if you have a big campus or you want to ride form home.

Skateboards can be excellent. A brakeboard even better.
>>
Electric or kick scooter. Faster, safer, cheaper, more controllable, can squeeze through tighter gaps, can drop stairs and curbs/hop up them or quickly dismount and carry it, look like less of a tool.
>>
>>1032255
>cruising around the campus with a razor scooter
yeah you'll look less like a tool and more like a massive autismo

get a bike. More efficient, no battery, faster, and you won't look like a sharper image reject or 12 yearold autist with a capri sun
>>
>>1032226
considering the social impacts of all other forms of transportation, this is the best.
>no parking pass
>not autistic
>most likely not a liability if it get stolen
>better than walking
>fine for hills
>low/no maintenance
>>
File: exploding_everything.jpg (492KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
exploding_everything.jpg
492KB, 1600x1200px
Hey and a free christmas candle - just in time!
>>
>>1032225
Really depends on the size, terrain and height profile of your campus. I live right off the campus of a European university (used to live on campus) and everything works fine, except for cars.
I can walk to class which takes 10 to 20 minutes depending on where I have to go.
If the ground is free of water, ice and leaves, I can take the kick scooter downhill and I'm there in 5 to 10.
I recently got myself a bike, and it takes 5 minutes max total riding time to get there. I usually take a longer way around because of a construction site that is a pain in the ass even on foot.
Or I can walk/scoot straight downhill and catch the tram/light rail, which is a bit faster than walking to the further-away buildings.
>>
>>1032225
>anything but walking
>>
How much electricity do these things consume? Like, how much does it add onto your bill to run one of these for say, 5 hours a week?
>>
>>1032225
use your legs you fat americunt
>>
>>1033122
this basically
>>
File: file.png (953KB, 955x955px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
953KB, 955x955px
>>
>>1032225
standing in a wheelchair

wew
>>
I'd say that an electric skateboard might be a good idea.

Small enough to bring it on a bus or shove it in a locker.

And you MIGHT not look like a total tool.
>>
>>1033434

This is going back to the late 90s / early 2000s. The undergrad population of my school was roughly the size of a high school. About 5000 give or take. You recognize people because there aren't a whole lot of people to recognize, you know? It was also really easy to stand out.

There was this one guy: long hair, fedora, goatee, black trench coat, and those fucking shoes. He did not walk between buildings; it was a 10 foot sprint followed by a 5(?) foot erratic coast usually ending up on the grass. It was one of the saddest things you've ever seen.
>>
>>1033434
Heelies were shit when they came out and they are shit now. That being said, I still want a pair for autistic reasons.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.