[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

After doing some research, I've released that there is not

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (75KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
75KB, 1024x768px
After doing some research, I've released that there is not a single bike lock out there that is thicker than a bolt cutters spread. I want to make my own lock, one that is incredibly thick and large. I have absolutely no idea how to do this. Any advice? Has anyone done something like this before?

>pic unrelated
>>
OP: realised*
>>
>>1028167
>>/diy/
>>
>>1028167
You're pissing into the wind. This has been tried a million times. The best anyone can do is slow down a bike thief. You make it too big for bolt cutters? They get a cutoff saw. You make it too difficult? Maybe they destroy your bike out of spite. Also why make a bike lock that ends up being as heavy as the entire bike? Makes no sense. Just don't park your bike anywhere risky, or never let it out of your sight, or park it inside somewhere. This is like trying to prevent 100% of tire punctures, it's impossible and you'll drive yourself insane trying and failing.
>>
>>1028307
>This is like trying to prevent 100% of tire punctures, it's impossible and you'll drive yourself insane trying and failing.

This. I just say "fuck it" and use a combination cable lock because the trouble of losing a key once a week is really worse than the very slight chance of a thief who actually bothers to cut it.
>>
>>1028543
Do you lose your house keys once a week?
>>
>>1028167
There is no way simple bolt cutters or even a hacksaw could get through a decent carbon steel bike lock.

I heard the best method was to freeze them with liquid nitrogen.
>>
>>1028550
Angle grinder
>>
>>1028551
someone using a power tool on a bike lock might raise some flags.

just dont be an idiot and hide it in a dark corner.
>>
>>1028543
If they can't get the frame, they will steal wheels, fork, saddle, handlebar, breaks, crank, and so on. The best is still keeping it inside, since almost no one will break inside your house for a bike.
>>
>>1028555
I had someone try to break into my ground floor window when I was sleeping. (I suspect they didn't realize there was someone sleeping there and backed off)

So I bought an alarm for the basement door and it went off the next night.

Now my bikes are always in my bedroom.
>>
File: 1404969393158.jpg (182KB, 768x886px) Image search: [Google]
1404969393158.jpg
182KB, 768x886px
>>1028556
Just learn to sleep while pedaling. They can't steal your bike if you never stop riding it. Also saves on rent.
>>
>>1028556
I don't think they did it for your bike, nor that they will steal it if they succeeded. Just go for a dog and a flash bomb.
>>
>>1028689
Well I have a big hunting knife tucked between my mattress and frame...not that it will do anything living in Canada.

They'll be more likely to arrest me for stabbing a guy than them breaking and entering.
>>
>>1028167
>pic unrelated

Kek
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.