[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I’ve been given the 'girl-version' of this bike by

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: kalahari590d.jpg (80KB, 800x517px) Image search: [Google]
kalahari590d.jpg
80KB, 800x517px
I’ve been given the 'girl-version' of this bike by an old friend who’s just upgraded. Its mostly in good condition,a bit creaky, requiring some work on the breaks, and probably soon a new tire.

Questions?
how good/bad of a bike is this?
is it worth the investment to fix?
And what should I know/look for as a novice?

Also Im moving to a place where biking is actually possible so i’d love to get back into it.
Whats the best place to learn about bike repair and maintenance?
>>
>Questions?
yes?
>how good/bad of a bike is this?
depends on your usage
>is it worth the investment to fix?
depends on what you need to "fix", because changing a tyre isn't a fix, its something you HAVE to do nonetheless
>And what should I know/look for as a novice?
depends on what you are going to do with your bike, because why would you want to know abuot MTB or Roadbikestuff if you never do Mountainbiking nor Roadbiking?
>Whats the best place to learn about bike repair and maintenance?
just watch the bikeman4u yt channel :^)
>>
>>1026829
It's 'brakes' not 'breaks', damnit.
>>
>>1026858
>depends on your usage
>depends on what you are going to do with your bike, because why would you want to know abuot MTB or Roadbikestuff if you never do Mountainbiking nor Roadbiking?

im moving to the country some time soon so there is an opportunity for both road and Mountain action.
For now i’ll be on tarmac’ed roads going up fairly steep hills. Would it be good for that?

>depends on what you need to "fix", because changing a tyre isn't a fix, its something you HAVE to do nonetheless

alright, the brakes are creaky the derailleur may require changing ,and yes the tires are getting old and need replacing =/

still other then that its in good condition.
>>
>>1026829
seems like a fine starter bike.
don't put more than $300 into it.
dial it in to fit your body, make sure the brakes work, index the gears, clean and re-oil the chain (replace if necessary), clean and re-grease any threaded bits you take off the bike before you put them back on.

check that suntour fork and see if there's a recall on it and really just don't beat on it too hard either way.
know your proper tire pressures, as well.
>>
>I’ve been given the 'girl-version' of this bike
tits or gtfo
>Whats the best place to learn about bike repair and maintenance?
Sheldon Brown
Park Tool
>>
update:

i've done what i could,and it now catches all but one of the gears. also the brakes have been replaced.

a few new questions.

1) how do i check the suspension fork?
2) how clean do the gears need to be? they have what im guessing is some sort of lubricant or oil on them. do i clean that off?
3) how worn out can the tires get and is it more acceptable on a back or front tire?
4)now that its "fixed'' i want to take it on some tougher roads. other ten ease of ride what should i be looking for?
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.