[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

posted wrong.. A birthday present for myself, can anyone tell

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: my bike.jpg (200KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
my bike.jpg
200KB, 1500x1500px
posted wrong..

A birthday present for myself, can anyone tell me how I can get it to coast better?

Also any general advice on making it better is welcome.
>>
File: my bike 2.jpg (38KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
my bike 2.jpg
38KB, 450x450px
Woops,
<-------- This is the bike I bought. The original posted bike was a 29 but it was too big for me, I am 5' 9" - had to return it
>>
>>1026378
>>1026379
Ignore the troll.
>>
File: 20161113_180725.jpg (1MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20161113_180725.jpg
1MB, 3264x1836px
>>1026386

At the laundromat atm. Think my front brakes are too close to the rim..

Its really my bike. Im no troll. I need help with my bike you fuck.
>>
Get lower profile road tyres and wheels to suit
>>
>>1026415

What are those? Tires with less tread?
>>
>>1026415

Any advice on creating more of a gap between the rim and front brake pad? Front wheel doesnt rotate freely atm.
>>
>>1026419
Please don't shit up the board with useless threads.
Your bike is pretty shite, but with a little work it'll ride decently enough.
Check out the BQG thread, and also look up bike maintenance tutorials on YouTube. RJthebikeguy is one of my personal favorites, but there are countless other channels you can find help through.
Look up "adjusting brakes", for starters. Your issue could be the brake pads being messed up, the brakes themselves just needing to be adjusted, or perhaps even something with the cable or brake lever.
You'll be able to do most of your own easywork with a crescent wrench and set of Allen keys.
You should be intelligent enough to look at the issue, troubleshoot until you figure out what's causing it, and go through some trial and error to fix it.
Good luck, and keep riding your bike.
>>
Mods sure are touchy tonight
>>
>>1026421

I had to give more cable in between the brake pads.

Would WD-40 make the bike coast better?
>>
>>1026429
Quick question, OP, how old are you?
Anyways, you clearly don't know what you're doing, so I'd refer back to where I mentioned YouTube tutorials. Even find a local bike shop and have the guys help you out and teach you hands-on.
WD-40 won't necessarily make your bike coast faster or anything, where are you even considering spraying WD-40? What exactly do you mean by "coast faster", anyway?
>>
>>1026429
wd-40 is hands down the worst thing to put on your bike.
>>
>>1026419
OP, look close at your brakes - is one side pulling harder than the other? There's a little screw on each brake arm that adjusts the tension each spring exerts? When you let go of the brake lever and the brake arms spring back, both the left and right pads should have about the same amount of space beween them and the rim.

Also, part of the reason those bikes are so shit (and so cheap) is that they're almost never assembled by trained mechanics, so you get stupid shit like brakes setup inproperly, wheels out of true, bolts not properly tightened, no grease on the seatpost, and lots of other newbie mistakes. If you haven't already, it would be a good idea to take your bike to a shop and have them give it a once over to make sure everything is functioning properly and that nothing is going to fail catastrophically and cause a bad crash.
>>
>>1026379
your bike isnt broken or anything

that's about as well as those shitty bike shape objects typically work
>>
>>1026431

im 27. there is not a local bike shop around me. I was considering spraying WD-40 around anything the chain comes in contact with. Im sorry I meant coast for a longer distance.

>>1026435
I just had to unscrew the thing keeping the wire taught and lengthen the amount of wire that was in between the brakes.
>>
>>1026442
turns out one of the brake pads was too close to the rim.
>>
OP, please return this bicycle straight away. You're only going to hurt yourself and your wallet if you ride around on this piece of shit.
>>
>>1026378
Disassemble the handlebars and shove them up your rectum, you useless piece of shit.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.