[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does one recover from PTSD of boomers with shit eating grin

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 5

File: 564564.jpg (205KB, 1024x681px) Image search: [Google]
564564.jpg
205KB, 1024x681px
How does one recover from PTSD of boomers with shit eating grin passing you on their brand new e-bikes? It's steep as shit climb and they don't even bother shifting to low gear. One can hear the motor suffering.

I hope they run out of juice and die of sudden hearth attack when they actually have to pedal FUCK
>>
>>1026261
when they are at a stop light do the good ol tree branch through spoke trick.
>>
>>1026261
I don't know why this would bother you. Do you cycle because you enjoy it or because you want to fell superior to other people?

I think it's fantastic that ebikes allow people who normally wouldn't to enjoy cycling. Of course you can say they would get better exercise on a normal bike but who really cares?
>>
Why would you care about e-bike fags
>>
File: Untitled2.jpg (46KB, 482x497px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled2.jpg
46KB, 482x497px
>>1026263

>pass a boomer
>say "hello"
>he visibly displeased that his 5k e-meme machine just got passed by beat up 1x memester and say nothing
>keep going a while
>hear someone accelerating from behind
>that old fuck decided to wait until I get to the climb so I go extra slow and to step it up
>see him smiling while saying "hello" back to me
>mfw
>>
>>1026266
>>1026268

e-fags detected. Don't you understand? NO FUN ALLOWED
>>
>>1026266

>Of course you can say they would get better exercise on a normal bike

Problem is, on an e-bike you get NONE I have tried one myself and as long as you keep it under 25km/h all you have to do is pretend to pedal.

These things should not be called "bicycles" their are eletric motor bikes.
>>
Better than a stinky 2 stroke.
>>
>>1026270
Go take your pills
>>
>>1026271
>Problem is, on an e-bike you get NONE
False. On some bikes that may be true if the motor is powerful enough to completely negate any pedal input (how powerful it would need to be depends on the terrain you're riding on) but on many road legal bikes that not the case. When the motor isn't too powerful you can get just as much exercise if that's what you want, you'll simply go faster for the same energy input.
>>
>>1026276

Bullshit I only had to "move" my legs for it to start "assisting" and it felt like I was on a slow motor bike. No matter what gear I would put the ammount of "effort" was the same and only cadence and power consumption changed.

You will get more excercise by simply walking.
>>
>>1026280

Tested a full sus e-mtb with Bosch motor btw. It's just like riding electric dirt bike but slower.
>>
>>1026280
>>1026282
Those Bosch motors are something like 250-320w, low enough power to allow you to still get some exercise. If you weren't then you need to pedal harder so that the bike actually goes faster than with just the motor and not just "pretend pedalling".
>>
>>1026284

>still get some exercise
>If you weren't then you need to pedal harder

Tell that to the boomers that go 15 km/h on flats and climbs because they sure are breaking a sweat with 30 rpm of theirs.
>>
>>1026287
So because some e-bike riders refuse to put in some effort that means all of them do? If that's what you're implying then you've completely missed the point of my posts.
>>
>>1026280
Not everything has to be exercise. E-bikes are great because they make bikes even more viable form of transportation for many people.

Some people don't want to break sweat when they commute or go shopping. E-bikes make it possible to convert these people into cyclists and reduce the amount of cages on the roads improving air quality.

If you want to get exercise always when riding a bike no one is forcing you to buy an E-bike. Claiming they are a meme is anti cycling.
>>
>>1026289

>So because some e-bike riders refuse to put in some effort that means all of them do?

I have yet to see an e-biker putting any effort at all. As a matter of fact I haven't met anyone younger than 50 on e-bike so far because it's just another fancy toy and those who own it use it as glorified moped.
>>
I have nothing against electric motor bikes because that's what they ARE and should be treated as such. Those things are not bicycles. If Teslas are cars then why should an e-bike be considered a bicycles? It's not.
>>
>>1026295
Cyclists benefit from there being more cyclists though. It's in my interests as a cyclist to count them as such instead of as motorbikes.
>>
>>1026291
And what relevance does that anecdote have? If you actually lurked a bit more you'd see that that isn't the case for all e-bike riders and many of them even rider non-assisted bikes too.

What you're saying is as dumb as saying only fat people rider recumbents because that's all you've ever seen in person.

>>1026295
There's a difference between an electrically assisted bike and a straight up electric motorbike, especially if the assisted bike is a lower powered road legal one. An electric motorbike behaves like an ICE motorbike, an assisted bike behaves like a non-assisted bike with a strong rider on it.
>>
>>1026302

It's still an electric motor bike and no ammount of assisted or not loopholes going to magically make it a "bicycle" because as long as a "motor" is involved it ceases to be a bicycle and should not be treated as such. There is a reason that majority of private trails banned them right away. It's a double edged sword and should be in it's own category far apart from regular road/mountain bikers.
>>
>>1026261
I feel the same way about runners on my mtn bike paths...

"oh look at me, I only spend $200 for shoes and nothing else and I'm getting a better work out than you"

I'm like fuck you I'm having way more fun.
>>
>>1026261
>PTSD
Melodramatic much, OP?
Don't use that term ever again. Nothing you're experiencing is 'PTSD'.

>e-bike fags
It's very simple: They're not actual cyclists. They're MOTORISTS, by definition; they're closer to motorcycle riders than real cyclists. They'll always be fat and/or weak, never lean, strong, and fast. We're a better breed of human being than they are because we choose to better ourselves, and we suffer to get the progress we get. Disregard 'e-bikes' and the people who ride them, they are not worth our time and trouble.
>>
>>1026302

>If you actually lurked a bit more you'd see that that isn't the case for all e-bike riders and many of them even rider non-assisted bikes too.

The moment they mount that thing they are not cycling anymore they are just riding a motor vehicle.

>If you actually lurked a bit more

You mean /n/? You are the one that should lurk more friend. e-bikes is a rare topic here and people generally don't post their e-bikes because they know they will get shit.
>>
Why do u care at least they are riding bicycles, I don't ride a bike, I take public transport and ride sharing but I believe many more people should ride bicycles
>>
>>1026307

>Disregard 'e-bikes' and the people who ride them

But they flood the public trails now. Not long ago we had an expo here and many boomers bought e-mountain bikes now I see at least 2 every time I go out. This puts inexperienced asshats on the trails.

I don't mind e-bikes in the city, commuters etc. But when they invade local trails I take it personally just like I do with the dirt bikers that fuck up everything they ride on.
>>
>>1026261

I'm about as bothered by that as by fatasses on motorcycles. Which is not at all.
>>
>>1026304
Technically a motor vehicle, possibly even classed as one depending on local laws, but there is still a clear distinction between assisted bikes and motorbikes that don't require or allow rider power input.

An assisted bike is closer to an unassisted bike than it is to a motorbike, in fact if you turn the power off it becomes one. In many places they are treated the same as unassisted bikes as long as they meet certain regulations.

>>1026309
>The moment they mount that thing they are not cycling anymore they are just riding a motor vehicle.
I'm still contributing power via pedalling, I am a cyclist whether I choose to ride my e-bike or my unassisted bikes.

>You mean /n/?
I mean in general. If you step outside /n/ you'll see that it's not just the fat and lazy who ride assisted bikes.

>people generally don't post their e-bikes because they know they will get shit.
Me and another guy are the ones that regularly post our bikes (there are a handful of other riders that don't post as often), neither of us are fat or lazy and we both ride unassisted bikes as well.
>>
Wow OP you're such a faggot.

>>1026280
If you're riding a good ebike, the pedal assist function is proportional to your pedal with the assistance factor customizable. There's going to be a torque sensor that checks how many watts you're outputting and it'll control how many watts the motor puts in. Nothing prevents you from outputting the same watts as a normal bicycle, you just have to gear your bike accordingly.
If you're riding a shitty ebike that can only do 0 or 100% throttling then that's not my fault.
>>
>>1026304
>ceases to be a bicycle and should not be treated as such
How so? Cyclists and motorcyclists are supposed to obey pretty much all the same rules of the road. Keeping e-bikes off what little cycling infrastructure there is just means there's less incentive to maintain or expand it.
>>
>>1026261
>being insecure
Take hills at your own pace and don't worry about how other people are doing or what they're riding.

Also stop being an agist/ableist cunt.
>>
>>1026319
E-bikes and motorcycles don't belong on trails designed for mountain bikes because they put out a lot more torque than a human can and accelerate trail erosion.

When you look at other bike infrastructure, it really matters what kind of infrastructure you're talking about: on-street bike lanes, e-bikes definitely belong there. Off-street multi-use paths, not so much, because those are really designed for pedestrian use (fast road cyclists don't really belong there either).
>>
>>1026343
The extra torque only matters when accelerating from stop. And purely pedal powered bikes can get plenty of wheelspin there also. And if you've got a good E-bike the engine isn't behind an on/off switch but gives power out gradually based on what you're putting out yourself.

What matters much more to trail erosion is how many bikes in total are there and how they use brakes.
>>
If that gives you PTSD, imagine how the spandex flyer crowd feels, when I past them on my cruiser. Salmoning across the street, my glorious body shirtless, only covered by jean shorts, flip flops, and ear buds. Highly erotic.
>>
>>1026347
It must be the helmet. I've long ago replaced mine with a baseball cap. But not any baseball cap, as mine is Corona branded, and I insist on using its opener on twist off beers.
>>
>>1026347
I always hear people say they pass lycrafags on cruisers on this board, im 99% sure that is bullshit. and have fun in the hospital when salmoning backfires on you
>>
>>1026360
>be riding your cruiser
>come up to a lycrafag
>start pedaling like a madman
>pass the lycrafag
>look back with snot on your cheek
>dropping the lycrafag
>get home instantly because spent all energy on dropping lycrafag
>brag on an anonymous Arabian camel racing bulletin board about dropping a lycrafag

>meanwhile lycrafag continues the recovery ride for a few more hours and doesn't even notice the event
>>
File: wew.jpg (19KB, 337x450px) Image search: [Google]
wew.jpg
19KB, 337x450px
>>1026261
who gives a shit what other people do holy fuck bro just get to the top
>>
>>1026312
Your 'public trails' must be under the jurisdiction of some sort of law enforcement, park rangers or somesuch. Go talk to them, find out if it's legal for them to be using 'public trails' on e-bikes. Tell them your experiences. Have others do the same. These damned things are new and everyone is catching up with regulating them. Only by speaking up can you help that process along. Meanwhile if they're doing stupid shit on their e-MTBs then YELL AT THEM so they know they're being stupid!
>>
>>1026363
>meanwhile lycrafag continues the recovery ride for a few more hours and doesn't even notice the event
LOL this, so much this.
I only bother with them if they're dumb enough to try taunting me or bragging at me, like they actually accomplished something. Then I just say "OK, let's go", do a full-power quick-start, then settle into Threshold. On a good day they *might* hang onto my wheel for a few seconds, assuming the quick-start didn't kill them off, but usually I never see them again.
>>
File: DSC03997.jpg (816KB, 2026x1465px) Image search: [Google]
DSC03997.jpg
816KB, 2026x1465px
>>
Id rather be passed by a mom with her spawn on an e bike with trailer than by a mom in some oversized SUV bike slayer.
>>
I ride an ebike for commuting to work, the only time it really makes a difference is on a couple of steep hills. In hindsight, I should've just modified the gearing on the bike, but I was curious to see how electric motors worked/rode. I'll probably end up putting it on a utility bike for use on my parent's hilly rural property. If you actually pedal with intent, all the extra weight of the battery and motor makes it an almost a 0 sum game, unless you get some "offroad only", >kilowatt model.
>>
>>1026413
On flat ground the extra weight doesn't really matter for maintaining speed, yet even an extra 250w will get you a higher top speed and make up for the weight on acceleration. When it comes to climbing I don't know how much extra power it would take to haul an extra ~10kg but if it's less than that 250w (I wouldn't be surprised if it is) then you're gaining there as well.

The extra weight becomes a hindrance once the battery is dead and it can also negatively affect handling.
>>
>>1026261
What PTSD? I just remember that I'll be faster in every other situation, and skilled enough to go places they won't even think of trying.
>>
>>1026380
Gota go fast
>>
File: 1456771426815.png (154KB, 385x344px) Image search: [Google]
1456771426815.png
154KB, 385x344px
>>1026261
If old folks on e-bikes give you PTSD, you'll die of shock if someone passes you on a motorcycle.
They don't even have pedals at all, can you believe it?
>>
Let's roll
>>
Lol I always get fat boomer women being aggressive to me in traffic.
>>
>>1026418
where I live, to be legal to ride on the road, they have to limit assistance to speeds under 25km/h (~15mph), so once you get past that speed on a flat, it doesn't do anything to help at all.

I've seen plenty of people riding ones that aren't legal though, with no pedal assistance flying along at like 50km/h.
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.