[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do /n/iggers go night cycling? I have been having the urge lately

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 7

File: unnamed.jpg (15KB, 340x433px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.jpg
15KB, 340x433px
Do /n/iggers go night cycling? I have been having the urge lately to just get on my bike and start riding at night. Is this normal? Do people do this?
>>
I've done it a couple of times, I hardly ever can muster the energy to get up at night for a ride but when I do it's great.
>>
File: me shaking from cold.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
me shaking from cold.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>go at 5 am flat (webm related)
>drink lots of nespresso with milk before going out
>it's 3°c
>strong winds make it 10x worse
>pitch black trails that can't be even lit with my 900 lumen light
>climb to 400m elevation
>due to extreme cold and pushing myself hard my body pancakes and launches an anal evacuation
>shart in my bibs
>wind is so fucking loud it sounds like I'm in the middle of the sea
>after just 20km say fuck it and return home at 6 am or so
>have a nice warm shower, some warm tea and super comfy pajamas
>remember how gnarly it was and how it's all over
>best feel ever

do it.
>>
>>1025276
>>why are you hitting your head against the wall
>because it feels so nice when i stop
>>
>>1025277

>I'm an edgy cunt who only prefers warm 12am summer sundays because I don't even ride.
>>
>>1025278
Wow. Butthurt much?
>>
>>1025280

Wow. I don't even know why you post here if triggering is all you have in mind. Back to your safety bubble grandpa.
>>
>>1025281
I'm not the one who was triggered.
>>
>>1025282

Well I am. Either contribute to the topic with something useful or piss off.
>>
>>1025283
Fine.

It being light only a few hours a day up here this time of year, yes this is normal.
Get some good lights and dress warm, opie.
>>
Early morning ~3am rides are fucking calming, such a quiet time. All I hear are dogs barking, crickets and the wind.
Cycling here during the day sucks ass, nothing but mexicans in huge trucks trying to run you over or it's the heat, I mean it was fucking 90F yesterday so I'm still using my summer clothes.

Chilly night rides under clear skies keep me pedaling.
>>
Only in the summer when it's warm enough to wear hardly anything and feel the cool wind after a scorching day.

Little to no cars bothering you, riding in the middle of the road not giving a shit about life.

Then you stop halfway through your ride, in the middle of nowhere, dismount, light the single well deserved cigarette and it's so quiet you can hear it burning, lay on the ground looking at stars.

Feels fucking good.
>>
A few weeks ago at like 10pm I had the sudden urge to go for a ride so I just got kitted up and went 20 miles through town. All the main roads were so quiet, felt like I was in Tron or something speeding through all the streetlights. Loved it.

Its dark by the time I ride home from work but that's different and I hate it.
>>
>>1025268
I cruise around the city at night every so often; especially in the fall when it's cooler out. Lower visibility is usually balanced out by far fewer cars on the road.

I have however had worries riding around late at night that I'll get taken out by a drunk driver...
>>
There's no lights on the bike trail I ride on. I can actually see better when my light is off - it blinds me. I typically leave 1 hour before sunrise. By the time it's 30 minutes until sunrise, there's enough light to comfortably see.
>>
File: denverisgay.jpg (1MB, 2901x1723px) Image search: [Google]
denverisgay.jpg
1MB, 2901x1723px
My schedule is kinda weird so I do a lot of my riding really early in the morning or really late at night. This picture was around 2:30 in the morning
>>
>>1025268
There are even group rides that happen specifically at night. #nightride
>>
>>1025268
Do what you want anon, and don't give a fuck what other people think.

Riding at night is great: No cagers, complete silence, just you and your bike that suddenly becomes an extension to your body because there are no distractions so you can focus completely on riding.
>>
>>1025340
yeah for sure, in Phoenix a lot of our group rides are at crazy hours just to get away from the 115F+ heat in the daytime. I live by a police station and they lets us lock our bikes inside their fence at night since there is a store nearby, those guys are bros.
>>
File: 1468794116246-o.jpg (156KB, 530x600px) Image search: [Google]
1468794116246-o.jpg
156KB, 530x600px
>>1025280
Did you not read his post?
>>
Yes as long as you have lights
Cygolite Metro and Cygolite Hotshot are best lights
>>
File: 0.jpg (144KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
0.jpg
144KB, 1000x750px
>>1025318
How do you manage to get such high quality photos of your bike at night?
>pic related, this is how my night photos turn out
>>
File: full_moon_blue.jpg (119KB, 750x566px) Image search: [Google]
full_moon_blue.jpg
119KB, 750x566px
It's great on full-moon, cloudless summer nights when you almost don't need a light to ride. You feel stronger, faster and more energetic. Also I noticed my nails grow faster than usual but maybe that's just me.
Shame it only happens a couple of times a year.
>>
File: Moonlit.jpg (98KB, 997x970px) Image search: [Google]
Moonlit.jpg
98KB, 997x970px
I love (road) riding at night, especially during the summer after a hot day. Mountain biking at night is less appealing to me unless I stick to fairly smooth trails - when every rock and rut grows a big shadow, it's really hard to pick a good line and carry enough speed for the riding to be fun.

>>1025359
Not him, but the options for taking pictures at night are either to use a flash or to shoot in low-light conditions with a camera that allows you to select a longer exposure time. The picture you've posted didn't turn out because when you use a flash you have to avoid anything bright/reflective in the background.
>>
Hot damn this is a /comfy/ thread.

Does anyone ride at night with bros or is it always a solitary endeavor?
>>
I love night riding with snow on the ground and low cloud cover. City lights reflect between the clouds and snow creating a red glow so I can ride in the unlit park with no headlight and see as far as I can during the day. Snow + full moon + spotty cloud cover is pretty good too with a bright blue look to everything.

I love how sound carries at night. As you approach an intersection you can hear if there are vehicles anywhere near you.

I don't like night riding if it has rained. The wet roads scatter light so even the brightest headlight isn't very useful. Years back I almost hit a beaver on the MUP. A wet beaver in the dark is a rather stealthy creature.
>>
>>1025403
"A wet beaver in the dark is a rather stealthy creature."

A rather smooth creature indeed
>>
>>1025403
>don't like night riding if it has rained
I actually really love night riding after rain, there's lots of lights in the city here and nobody is out after a rain, so you can cruise around and see all the reflections in the water
>>
>>1025268
No I dont live in a safe area.
>>
>>1025276
>climb to 400m elevation

kek. Try riding at 2400m through the forest when you're 100's of km's from the nearest city and you're no longer at the top of the food chain. You better hope your lights don't cut out.
>>
Night rides in the midnight sun are so comfy. It looks as if you're riding during sunrise but it's in the middle of the night, there is no one else around, and it lasts for hours.
>>
Night rides are the best.
There's no sun to burn you, and there's less cars on the road.
>>
The trouble I have with night riding is that my night vision isn't that good. I compensate with bright lights. My bright lights annoy cyclists in front of me, mostly because they overpower their lights.

I haven't found a light where it was easy to vary the power output up and down. With many lights you have cycle through OFF low medium high slow-blink fast-blink so switching from high to low is just crazy if you're moving fast.
>>
night bicycling is awesome. me and my bros do it around haunted areas and take photos. more exciting and less noise.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cR1n_bV2PqM
>>
>>1025388
I ride alone unless having gt3.14.. sitting on rack. I don't usually do leisure rides at night but sometimes I'm coming home really late (12 pm - 4 am) and it surely is reallly great. So silent and different. I've also been riding to early morning shits that mean I leave home 5 am. Especially in the middle of the coldest winter that's cool as fuck. I remember there was also this other guy riding at the opposite direction. I think those early mornings are the comfiest.
>>
>>1025372
>full-moon
>Also I noticed my nails grow faster than usual You might be a werewolf.
>>
>>1025487
>is that my night vision isn't that good

Get more vitamin A.
>>
>>1025286
where do you live? that sounds exactly like my yesterday.
>>
>>1025504
You have to ride somewhere to shit?
>>
>>1025504
>12 pm

What did he mean by this?
>>
>>1025640
12pm is noon
>>
>>1025562
Phoenix, I commute by bike and it's chilly enough now to put on my hi-viz jacket instead of the safety vest I usually wear, way more comfy.
Gonna be moving soon though, so that was my last summer here. Moving on to greener pastures.
>>
>>1025358
>Water Resistant
Are they 'water resistant' or water proof? If it rains, I ride in the rain and I've only had bad experiences in the past expecting other 'water resistant' products to resist water.
>>
>>1025268
I used to get off my old job at 1am. My roomate would always be awake and shit. I would be wide awake as well. I would just ask him if he wanted to go for a ride and we'd be bike riding for like 3 or 4 hours and cruise. Got my gf to come along with us too. Was great meng
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.