[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who else is gearing up for an iron distance tri next year? First

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

File: ironman-logo.png (168KB, 2572x641px) Image search: [Google]
ironman-logo.png
168KB, 2572x641px
Who else is gearing up for an iron distance tri next year? First one?
Am currently going for my 3rd full distance and trying to break 9:30. Swimming and running is going okay but will need a lot of work on my bike during the off season.
>>
No one else in long-distance tri?
>>
Go away smelly trifag
>>
I ride my bicycle in the upright position for the purpose of transportation.
>>
No surprise here, a lot of pussies on /n/. You can keep you shitty road bikes and watch as my aeromasterrace bike passes you.
>>
I watch triathlons when I want to laugh at adults who can hardly ride a bike.
>>
File: DSCN2012r.jpg (1MB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
DSCN2012r.jpg
1MB, 1200x900px
I did one a few years ago (Cabo). I was in second in my AG for most of the bike but made a nutritional mistake, thought I was losing too much salt so went from water to gatorade, ended up with too many calories that killed my gut, dropped my pace massively for the last 1/4 of the bike. Pulled it back a little on the run but not much, ended up missing Kona by 4 slots. Just didn't really like the distance and how much of a gamble it is especially with travel. Did Leadville the year after that, found that more enjoyable. Also qualified for Xterra champs but didn't go. Half Iron is my favorite distance, I haven't done one in a while but maybe I'll do one or two next year, I like the Wildflower a lot. My PR is 4:49
>>
>>1025102
>>
>>1025102
my, my, my. haven't shown your face around here in a while, beyoch.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bz61YQWZuYU
>>
>>1025109
>>1025159
I post time to time, just not nearly as much since I've hardly been riding at all
>>
>>1025102
nice bike man
>>
>>1025180
>just not nearly as much since that time I posted my trip without the ## in front and all of /n/ started posting as me

ftfy
>>
File: tridork.jpg (79KB, 400x600px) Image search: [Google]
tridork.jpg
79KB, 400x600px
I appreciate the athleticism but I can't get over the attention whores and hapless cyclists who compete in these events. Tough mudder is even worse.
>>
File: mirra.jpg (149KB, 564x590px) Image search: [Google]
mirra.jpg
149KB, 564x590px
>>1025212
Someone actually spent the time to crack my unsecure trip. Why would I care? I can adopt a new trip with a new pic and everyone would know who it is. I don't because it's obvious when it's me posting, as seen in
>>1025109
>>1025159

>>1025205
Thanks, sold it to an Indian doctor that was getting ready to do his first sprint

>>1025214
There's plenty of great cyclists that have gone into tri, as long as you don't suck on the swim you won't be dealing with poor bike handlers, especially if you are a young male since your AG normally launches first
>>
>>1025215
>Someone actually spent the time to crack my unsecure trip.

that's not how it happened. you forgot to encrypt it in one of your posts. I was in that thread. funny how a namefag thinks they're that important, though.
>>
>>1025218
They must be pretty important if you obsess over details of threads they were in three years ago
>>
>>1025229
remembering the truth about something funny that happened on a board I'm on every day is hardly "obsessing" but I take your point. consider the issue dropped.
>>
This definitely belongs on >>/sp/ or >>/asp/
>>
>>1025102
Yeah I agree 70.3 is perhaps a better distance, but there is something about 140.6 I just love...
Going for a Kona spot this year, and will hopefully get one in my A race in aug. Like your bike, but I don't really like discs. I have a Scott plasma pro.
Nutrition is really tough, ive overeaten once and will never do it again...
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.