[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

FAGGOTS AT MY UNIVERSITY BIKE ON THE SIDEWALK FUCK THEM I NEARLY

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2

File: sideWALK not sideBIKE.jpg (132KB, 970x702px) Image search: [Google]
sideWALK not sideBIKE.jpg
132KB, 970x702px
FAGGOTS AT MY UNIVERSITY BIKE ON THE SIDEWALK FUCK THEM I NEARLY GOT HIT BY ONE FUCKIN FAGGOTS
>>
>>1024152
GET YOUR FACE OUT OF YOUR PHONE AND GAIN SOME SITUATIONAL AWARENESS, JIZZBEARD
>>
Jam a stick on their spokes, sidewalkfags deserve death
>>
>used to go to a uni where the easiest way to go across town was to cut through campus
>used to just ride my bike on campus sidewalk all the time
Never had a problem, it's probably your fault for not paying attention faggot
>>
>>1024152
I don't have a problem with people riding on sidewalks. I will, depending on road conditions. The sidewalks are pretty shitty where I live, so there's not much to gain from riding on them.
>>
>>1024155
>>1024189
I was on my bike on the street, like any responsible cyclist, making a right turn.
the crosswalk looked clear and this guy just zips out from the sidewalk, nearly runnin into me.
>>
>>1024218
Post pic of your bike.
>>
The sidewalk is for unpowered movement. Unless the roads at your university have prohibited cars, the bikes belong on the sidewalk.
However, you should knock them over and kick them for not using their bicycle's bell.
>>
>>1024189
>used to go to a uni where the easiest way to go across town was to cut through campus
>used to just drive my car on campus sidewalk all the time
Never had a problem, it's probably your fault for not paying attention faggot
>>
In my country it is forbidden to cycle on the sidewalk except for children less than 9 years old.
>>
>>1024222
It is a stock 2016 giant defy 3
>>
>>1024757
Get a road bike
>>
I don't see the problem with riding on sidewalks as long as you stay under 10 mph and give people space. Can't be worse than people walking at 1-2 mph or walking abreast. I ride on the sidewalk on my way to the bike path because I don't want to cut across a 4 lane road to make a left turn.
>>
>>1024785
It is a road bike
>>
I ride on sidewalks all the time when I'm passing through areas that aren't conducive to riding on the road or a trail. I always go slow, maybe a little faster than running speed, never had any problems.
>>
>>1024152
Don't get mad at us OP, we care enough about cycling to be on a north korean prison camp newsletter.

I highly doubt any of us are being fuck heads on the footpath.
>>
I've found that riding a BMX rarely makes any one mad if yer on the sidewalk!
>>
>>1024152
>cycling on the footpath is legal in Canberra
Get fucked. (the only problem being I have to live in Canberra)
>>
The only people who cycle on the sidewalk here are jakies and chavs riding stolen full susser BSOs. Fucking scum. I cant wait to accidentally bump into one and send the cunt flying.
>>
>>1024155
i can't tell you how many bicyclists i see looking at their phones. in the bike lane, on the sidewalk, whatever.

i mean it's partly because i'm at a university (i'm a grad student so i'm like close to 10 years older than some of these people), but even we have cops on campus sometimes just waiting at an intersection to ticket people en masse. you'd think people would just figure out not to do that shit as much.
>>
>>1026578
I look at my phone on my bicycle, not when I'm in bike lanes but on bike paths.
>>
>>1026585
do yourself a favor and don't. i can't fathom how much momentum you think you're losing by stopping for a minute and checking it, but it can't be worth it.

i feel like whenever i'm coasting in the vicinity of someone checking their phone, it's *always* a matter of time before they cause an accident. either another cyclist starts to overtake them and they react incorrectly to the light on the ground (e.g. the cyclist is passing on the left and they only register that there's light, and so they turn to the left), causing an accident. or in one case someone just plowed into a pedestrian crossing the street. both people were being retarded, but where i live nobody seems to have sympathy for the bigger party (in this case, the person on the bike) when there's an obvious "little guy".

these don't always end in an accident, but i have definitely seen people on their phones at least a dozen times and i *rarely* ever see anyone casually put their phones away incident-free. it's almost always the case that something stupid and obvious catches them by surprise. something they wouldn't have been at all surprised by if they weren't staring down at their phones.
>>
>>1024189
Anyone who rides a bike on uni property is a fag anyways. You think that gets anything but negative attention from girls, you're an idiot. Skate, walk or drive. That's how I've been getting laid since 16.
>>
File: bikebird.jpg (51KB, 396x500px) Image search: [Google]
bikebird.jpg
51KB, 396x500px
>>1026607
>>
>>1026607
How fucking autistic are americans?
It's negative to drive a bike on uni property?

wew
>>
>>1024152
I don't think unmotorized vehicles (or very slow electric vehicles like "hoverboards" or disabled people scooters) are out of place on the sidewalk. But pedestrians should be treated cautiously. Going too fast on a bike is a bad idea around pedestrians or driveways.
>>
>>1026607
>Skate
Do you ride your longboard to the drugstore to get vape juice and beard oil?
>>
>>1026607
>You think that gets anything but negative attention from girls, you're an idiot.

My college is really hilly and they think it's cool that I ride all the way up the big hill (even with the squeaky derailleur and chain rub on the 2nd ring).
>>
>>1026648
Fix your goddamn drivetrain it's not even hard
>>
>>1026607
>going to university in a non-liberal city
shit must suck. Everybody at my unversity cycles, it's the most popular mode after walking. enjoy driving all your life due to social pressure
>>
>>1026607
/n/ award of the most retarded post
Quote from Take Ivy: "Cars are stricly prohibited in Ivy League campuses. Bikes are an ubiquitious sight."
>>
>>1024242
Bikes make no noise, so unless you have superhuman hearing you won't hear one coming from behind if you're walking down the sidewalk.

Bikes belong on the road, period. Whether or not streets are safe for bikes is another matter that can be easily solved with a bike lane.
>>
hunfag from Budapest here.
Every fucking day I can see people cycling on the sidewalks and I find them really dangerous. Why do they do it? I know cycling on the edge of the road could be dangerous, but as someone who often meets with bikes on the sidewalk, and as a cyclist, who often had to use mixed lanes (pedestrians and cyclists sharing the same place on some sidewalks), I can surely say this is really dangerous. It's a fact that a huge vehicle like a bus or something else could be much more dangerous than a pedestrian, but fuck that, the movements of another vehicle on the road are much more noticeable and computable than the sudden moves of a man. Plus, when they meet on the sidewalk, they usually don't know automatically how to bypass at each other. That could be the source of many unfortunate accidents.
tl;dr it's a vehicle, at least more a vehicle than a walking person. So please use them as fucking vehicles.
>>
I used to "almost hit" people like OP also where I gave them several feet of clearance but as soon as they saw me they did this big animated cartoonish motion like they just barely dodged imminent death and cursed after me.

Stop being so sensitive OP.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.