[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>want to listen to music/podcast while commuting >don't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

File: girl-killed-earbuds[1].jpg (35KB, 620x300px) Image search: [Google]
girl-killed-earbuds[1].jpg
35KB, 620x300px
>want to listen to music/podcast while commuting
>don't want to put earbuds in ear due to danger with the roads and cars
>considering getting saddle bag to strap on frame in front of handlebars and playing podcast/music on phone through its speaker

how bad is this
>>
>>1023113
Try bone conduction headphones
>>
>>1023113
>thinking it's ok to blast your fucking soundtrack in public so everyone has to hear it
Protip: your life is not a movie, you are not the protagonist, the entire world does not revolve around you.
>>
>>1023117
w-w-w-what if its just a bbc news podcast
>>
>>1023113
Wearing earphones while driving a car isn't the same as when you're riding a bike. You can really hurt yourself if you decide to wear earphones while riding a bicycle.

And blasting your embarrassing podcast/music from your portable speakers for the world to hear isn't any better. Just wait until you're not navigating traffic to listen to your sick tunes dude
>>
>>1023113
Just use public transport if you want to better spend your commute time.
>>
If you can commute via bike paths then do it there.
>>
>>1023113
My only advice would be to not use the OEM (or whatever its called) ones that go directly into the earcanal and have silicone plugs that completely cut one off from the outside noise.
Can recommend "on-ear" sporty things that do not seal you off (for example philips' shs 4700 - very good but quite large for what they are) or more traditional (old type) plugs with over-ear hook to keep them in place (like philips' shs 3200 - my current choice, good fit, good sound, dirt cheap).
Cheers.

>>1023120
>You can really hurt yourself if you decide to wear earphones while riding a bicycle.
[citation needed]
>>
Kill yourself. Read a book instead.
>>
File: ear3.jpg (22KB, 426x226px)
ear3.jpg
22KB, 426x226px
>>1023113
Don't be a rolling public disco.
Use models like pic related
Keep volume so that it doesn't blast away your hearing and you still can hear that 16 ton thing behind you.
/thread.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jjk2TkcbFc

let them dance to your tunes and roll on
other than that

>>1023115
get some and fuck the other autists in this thread that think people give a fuck about you rolling through with music

I bet this fucking retard >>1023117 is a blast at parties, if he ever gets invited to them.
>>
>>1023113
In my uni the blacks blast their fucking mixtape all day on their bikes
>>
File: aftershock1.png (51KB, 643x361px) Image search: [Google]
aftershock1.png
51KB, 643x361px
>>1023113
dude.. get some Aftershokz, they conduct the sound through your bone. The sound is not as good as normal soundwaves, but it keeps your ears completely free to hear trafic.

> pic related
>>
Plug only one headphone in
/thread
>>
>>1023154
>and you still can hear that 16 ton thing behind you.
What for? So you can freak out every time they pass you? So you can hear how he could kill you if he wanted to? There's nothing you can do about the cages behind you, even if you can hear them. Might as well just listen to some nice music instead.
>>
>>1023155
Rolling around publicly blasting your music is straight up nigger behavior
>>
File: roll-bike.jpg (255KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
roll-bike.jpg
255KB, 1200x900px
get a ue roll 2 bluetooth speaker, it has a elastic strap and a hook on the back side, it's easy to attach it to your bike.

the only thing you have to worry about is this: >>1023293
>>
Well guys I tried it today.

I literally couldn't even hear the music or podcasts coming from my phone even though it was right in front of me. Full volume and the speakers are too weak for me to even hear

Looks like I'll have to take the risk with headphones
>>
wow, this thread is fucking insane. bone conducting headphones so you can hear traffic?

Try the volume button..tune it so you are comfy. Do you drive with your system on 11?
>>
>>1023154
>>1023192
Situational awareness is a foreign concept to you, i guess?
>>
>>1023113
If I'm riding solo I've got earphones in, you'll be fine

If it's really such a big deal buy some that aren't noise cancelling or keep one ear out
>>
>omgz! headphones are going to killz you!

There are plenty of deaf cyclist and drivers out there that do just fine. Just fucking pay attention dumbshits no need for voodoo magic to listen to your lesbian anime music.
>>
>>1023118
>>>/leftypol/
But there isn't much danger associated with earbuds. You may miss the occasional, "get off the road!" shouted by cagers.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.