[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How lame are scooters? I have a decent bike, but it takes u

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: scooter.jpg (13KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
scooter.jpg
13KB, 480x360px
How lame are scooters?

I have a decent bike, but it takes up a lot of space in my small NYC apartment (Brooklyn specifically), even getting it out of my narrow door is annoying.

Also too, I can't bike to work in the middle of winter or summer comfortably. Buses and trains can get packed easily, so I think this cool scooter is the way to go, (though I know I'll have to wait till May to get this one specifically).

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/immotor-go-your-intelligent-electric-scooter-smart#/

Thoughts /n/?
>>
>indiegogo
>intelligent
>smart
Good luck
>>
>>1021681
Have fun on that scooter in the middle of the winter. Studded 26x2 tires would have a tad more traction than those toilet paper rolls.

Just get a shitty folder and call it a day.
>>
>not enough room for a bike.
Fuck, do you live in a closet? If you have room on your wall, you could hang it there. If you're making the lack of space story up to justify yourself to "hardcore" bike dudes, then just get a used motor cycle.
>>
>>1021683
Have similar products on Indiegogo been known to be of shit quality upon release?
>>
>>1021690
In the rare ocassion they actually deliver them, yes
>>
super lame just run
>>
Razor scooters are fine.
>>
>>1021681
Get a folder or a mini velo instead of a e-scooter.
Regular scooters are whatever but won't be good in winter and you'll look like an idiot but if that's fine by you go full retard:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEA_KpJszas
>>
File: coolride_motorcycle_mk52.jpg (362KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
coolride_motorcycle_mk52.jpg
362KB, 1024x768px
>>1021681
>How lame are scooters?
In some places in the USA, cops are Nazi on these things,,,, and last I heard NYC was one of them.

They aren't legal to use on USA public roads, because the only two things allowed on roads is real motor vehicles and bicycles.
And they aren't legal to use on sidewalks either, because the only powered things allowed to be used on sidewalks is handicapped devices.

This is the reason that when Segways first came out, people were being given tickets for using them--since they were electric scooters and so were not legal on sidewalks, or in the street.
Seattle and Portland made laws specifically allowing them (to preserve their precious faggotry reserves) but no other cities did.

A folding bike is legit and is the best course here.
If it's folded, the trains have to let you bring it on.
And it's legal for street use too.
>>
File: smooth_roller_uruewnewe.jpg (92KB, 800x534px) Image search: [Google]
smooth_roller_uruewnewe.jpg
92KB, 800x534px
>>1021854
Also I just love how every ride-able thing on shitstarter or indie-blo-blo has "SMARTPHONE INTEGTRATION" because messing with your smartphone is certainly the thing to be doing as you're carving through urban rush-hour traffic
>>
How many times will companies try to re-invent the scooter and fail before it dies?
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.