[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw 21 >never ridden a bike How do I get started without

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: Kane.jpg (71KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
Kane.jpg
71KB, 500x750px
>tfw 21
>never ridden a bike

How do I get started without completely embarrassing myself?
>>
>>1021013

If you are remotely coordinated/competent then it is trivially easy (and if you're 21 and male these things are pretty much a given) just borrow a bike and roll around around a patch of grass, you will pick it up in literally minutes.

"learning to ride a bike" is something 3 year olds, women and cripples do. Just get on a bike and ride.
>>
The more scared you are the worse it will be. Just ride somewhere where any falls won't matter and just get to it. You'll probably be riding by the end of the day
>>
It'd be more embarrassing if you didn't try.
>>
Get a shitty bike.
Lower your seatpost to the point where you can touch the ground with your feet.

Sit your ass on the saddle and push yourself with your feet to the speed where you maintain balance.

Start cranking.

3 year olds can do this, a 21 yo male should master it within an hour.

Visit sheldon brown's blog for more tips (like proper stop&start)
>>
>>1021013
>21
>being embarrased by anything
>>
Just remember that bikes are more scared of you than you are of them.
>>
>Buy the most expensive road bike and lycra
>Get on the motorway, preferably at rush hour
>Preferably where the motorway goes steep downhill
>YOLO

This is similar to teaching kids swim by pushing them into deep water
>>
>>1021013
You don't. Now go ride your bike.
>>
>>1021013
drink until embarrassment will not be thought of.
>>
You walk, instead. Walking is a superior form of transportation.
>>
File: why does he wear the mask.jpg (77KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
why does he wear the mask.jpg
77KB, 960x540px
>>1021013
Kane???
>>
is this the new /cric/ lads?
>>
>>1021013
doesn't matter about a bike if you can hit the ball as clean as kane does mate
>>
>>1021013
Just get a car.

>source: 30 y/o, never ridden a bike
>>
>>1021013
based kane I love you man
>>
>>1021013
Buy a fucking used bike and start learning.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.