[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hey /n/, this winter break my friend and I will be biking around

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_1047-2000x800.jpg (495KB, 2000x800px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1047-2000x800.jpg
495KB, 2000x800px
hey /n/, this winter break my friend and I will be biking around Los Angeles. I'm from Seattle and he's from Minneapolis so we're not familiar with the area. We have three weeks. We're planning on hanging around Angeles National Park as well as Joshua Tree park. We will be there mid-December thru the beginning of January. Any advice? Suggestions regarding where to bike? Places or roads to avoid? Thanks :)
>>
nice crosscheck, fred
>>
>>1018882
thanks buddy.
h-how did you know?
>>
>>1018902
Cuz ur fred nd all freds r the same
pls be in london
>>
>>1019069
I'm not familiar with the london meme, sorry senpai.
>tfw I 4real have a crossczech tho
>>
>>1019133
>not knowing the london meme
>typing f@m and not realizing it filters to senpai
How is your first month on 4chan going?
Also,
LONDON
O
N
D
O
N
>>
ask Marco Rodriguez
>>
>>1019160
I've been on 4chan forever, I just went on a sabbatical because I had other priorities. Now I mostly just lurk /n/ to find people to bike with, which hasn't been going too great.
>>
>>1019183
>Now I mostly just lurk /n/ to find people to bike with, which hasn't been going too great.
Might help if you posted a thread with tits and timestamp. We both know 95% of the guys on /n/ would jump at the chance to ride with a femanon. (and yeah, everyone here who pays any attention knows you're one of the few girls on /n/, but the people who don't pay attention don't know and they might ride with you if they knew)
>>
>>1019167
This too. He's in FS and he lives in cali
>>
>>1019202
well huh, I didn't know it was so easy to piece everything together like that. I guess it makes sense considering the amount of traffic this board gets. I barely remember ever mentioning my gender though.. I honestly try to avoid doing so. Anyway, I would rather not try to seduce people into biking with me.

>>1019167
Alrighty.
>>
>>1019226
>Anyway, I would rather not try to seduce people into biking with me.
heh
>>
Nice thread you got there
>>
>>1020692
thanks buddy
nice reply you got there
>>
>>1020731
Thanks kiddo
>>
Ride to NoCal or San Diego or even just improvise a shitty raft which has a 20% chance of conveying you to Cuba.

LA is easily the worst place on Earth.
>>
>>1020953
this
Los Angeles is cancer
and also high crime
fuck los angeles
>>
File: ACH.jpg (157KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
ACH.jpg
157KB, 1024x768px
>>1020953
>>1020962

t. clueless

Look at a map you dips. The places they are going are not "in LA". They're a National Forest and National Park for fuck sake. Some of the best locations for recreation in SoCal, pic related.

OP, tell us more information about style of travel, skill level, bikes you'll be on, etc.

These areas will be pretty quiet during your trip, and often remote with minimal services. They'll also be cold (for California, not for you), so ideally you'd have 3+ or 4 season equipment if you're camping. ANF has elevation and JT is a desert, both have night lows in the 30s.
>>
>>1018854

Check the weather from multiple sources. And bring water.
>>
>>1020991
OP is gonna be on a crosscheck
it's orange
>>
>>1020993
bringing water, not a water filter
filthy casual
>>
>>1021059
Alex... pls.

seriously though, buy his water filters.
>>
>>1021058
stahp ;~;
>>
>>1020953
>>1020962
lel yeah that's why we're not even spending a day in LA, just riding to the closest park once we get to the airport. san gabriel mountains are only 25 miles away.

>>1020991
>style of travel, skill level, bikes
we'll probably be sleeping in bivvy sacks under a tarp. I'm not too concerned about the weather but I will make sure that I have enough insulation. We both can handle 70+ miles a day with loaded panniers. I'm on a crosscheck and I'm not sure about my friend, but he has toured around Europe on a shit beater bike for months so I'm not terribly concerned. I have noticed that some roads are closed around the San Gabriel Mountain range during the wintertime, does it usually snow there? If so, do you know approximately how much?
>>
File: 1475628989056.jpg (70KB, 640x499px) Image search: [Google]
1475628989056.jpg
70KB, 640x499px
>>1021216
>We both can handle 70+ miles a day with loaded panniers
>>
>>1021066
oy vey goyim
>>1021212
u stahp with ur meme machine crosscheck
>>1021216
flying on a plane, u could just bike to there instead u filthy casuals
and bivy sacks WITH a tarp, the whole point of bivy sack is to not need a tarp/tent, just use a bivy sack with nothin else
>LOADED PANNIERS
OP DROPPED THE LOADED PANNIERS MEME
QUICK EVERYONE CALL HER A TRYHARD!
>>1021251
yea 70 is nothin
i'd do like 120
>>
>>1021216
are u gonna be wearing cycling kit? how will u dress for ur ride?
>>
>>1021255
>PANNIERS
>OP DROPPED TH
omg
I
oh my god
I'm sorry I SAID ANYTHING
I'll be traveling under 5 miles a day with unloaded panniers and I'll actually just be taking buses and staying in hotels

also how am I supposed to answer the question "what is your skill level" without sounding like an asshole?

okay fine no tarp.

>>1021256
ey bb wat you cyclin' in
>>
>>1021261
no you should have just said "panniers" instead of "loaded panniers" because everyone knows that panniers will be loaded
>also how am I supposed to answer the question "what is your skill level" without sounding like an asshole?
just say the truth lol
>ey bb wat you cyclin' in
fred kit, how bout u bb?
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.