[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hello, /n/. quick question about right-of-way rules who goes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: right of way.png (31KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
right of way.png
31KB, 1000x1000px
hello, /n/. quick question about right-of-way rules

who goes first in this situation?

"whoever stopped first" is the base rule for 4 way stop intersections. when cross traffic causes you and your parallel buddy to both stop, who goes first when cross traffic is clear?
>>
Guy going straight
>>
I'd agree with >>1016782, but which cuntry are you in?
>>
>>1016783
united states, washington state if that changes things
>>
>>1016780
does the cross traffic have stop signs or what?

a polite society would let the guy who was originally going to go first, go first, but most people its just whoever decides to start driving first.

for example, if the lane closest to the left turning driver cleared first, no doubt they would start inching out to make sure they would go first, and if the other driver had the clear lane first he'd probably do the same
>>
>>1016782
is correct

People often confuse this situation with the rules for an all-way stop. And in the absence of cross traffic often it ends up working like that. One side will go while the next vehicle opposite rolls forward to make their stop.
>>
>>1016780
ME
>>
>>1016790
>>1016780
I hope you guys don't have a driving license.
>>
>>1016782
This.
>>
This is why God invented roundabouts.
>>
>>1016952
>want to go left
>need to go right
Confusing, unintuitive, troublesome, costly, space wasting, hard to get thru by lorries and buses, ugly and they stink.
>>
>>1016959
>tfw to intelligent for roundabouts
Circles. How do they work!

Roundabouts are incredibly easy for a motorists but can be challenging for a cyclist. The only real issue that you raised is trucks, but that issue is easily manageable. We have roundabouts and trucks in Australia and we manage fine.
We also have little cardboard Christmas trees that hang from our rearview mirror to improve the smell.
>>
>>1016961
>We have roundabouts and trucks in Australia
Somehow I doubt this.
>>
Why are they stopping in front of a bridge???
>>
File: 1476219472989.png (4KB, 193x186px) Image search: [Google]
1476219472989.png
4KB, 193x186px
>>1016780
Let's make it simple. Can you tell now?
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.