[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it autistic wanting to spend a whole day travelling to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 7

File: LONDON[1].jpg (2MB, 2500x1667px) Image search: [Google]
LONDON[1].jpg
2MB, 2500x1667px
Is it autistic wanting to spend a whole day travelling to various stations?
>>
>>1016692
I have done this a few times and enjoyed it. It was good seeing all the station architectures and different areas.
>>
On a foreign environment, yes. I wouldn't do it in my city where I've done it a million times. Although i would ride the bus since I really only ride the same 4 routes out 50 or so.
>>
>>1016690
underground? with nothing to see? Yes, 100% autistic!
>>
It's autistic to make a thread about it
>>
>>1016726
how come, you see interesting people doing the most crazy things inside those metal horses
>>
>>1016744
>interesting people doing the most crazy things
like looking at their phones?
>>
>>1016744
hmm you're right about that, wasn't really thinking about that comment
I was more thinking about the people hanging around those stations
sometimes I go to the nearest trainstation and just sit somewhere and draw people in quick sketches,
and you then realize that a lot of people are walking with their phones
>>
File: el_2.jpg (444KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
el_2.jpg
444KB, 800x600px
>>1016726
Kinda this. Although more than autistic it seems boring. Subways bore the hell out of me, elevated ftw. If I ever travel to Chicago I'll have a blast riding el trains all day erry day.
>>
The historian at the railway museum I work at sometimes rides the regional rail from Hamilton to Oshawa (you can probably guess where this is)

I'd say yes, seems awfully boring. Maybe it's just that the subway over here is pretty boring.
>>
File: CP-Areeiro1[1].jpg (79KB, 450x300px) Image search: [Google]
CP-Areeiro1[1].jpg
79KB, 450x300px
I did this today acidently twice. I went almost all stations on the train back and on twice and went to some on the subway, even walked around a bit to discover new places. I had some fun. But it is the city I live, maybe that makes it less autistic I would say?

pic related: one of the most know trains in my city
>>
Only if you count the number of steps down to the platform and compare them to the numbers on the signs to see if they match, like the guy from the Londonist videos.
>>
>>1016858
oi
>>
>>1016882
>TFW stopping at embankment (northern line) to hear the old ''mind the gap'' anouncement
>>
>>1016929
lisboa?
>>
>>1016690
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/travel_news/article-3672229/Now-s-trainspotter-Meet-man-spent-10-years-thousands-pounds-photographing-station-Britain.html
>>
>>1017153
i love this man
>>
>>1016810
The TTC has its highlights, I particularly like Old Mill and some of the designs on the Sheppard Line
>>
>>1016690
It is called normie if you're playing pokemon go
>>
>>1016690
>Is it autistic wanting to spend a whole day travelling to various stations?

Yes, unless you're in moscow
>>
>>1017172
>Sheppard meme subway
You mean those horrid bare concrete stations that look like they're half finished? What a fucking waste of a subway line.
>>
I've done it before in my city, it's fun as fuck. I actually got out at every single station and walked a little loop around it to see what area the station serves, because yeah, the stations alone aren't too interesting.

Might not be possible, depends on how big your system is. I live in Vancouver and we have 47 stations and it took me two days.

But yes, it is autistic. At some point we just have to accept that about ourselves.
>>
>>1016690
This is a thing
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tube_Challenge
>>
>>1016690

I know a guy who has been to every station in Britain.
>>
File: 160721_ahn_jcrice_163.jpg (162KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
160721_ahn_jcrice_163.jpg
162KB, 1280x853px
Who cares? I've always wanted to do something like this.

http://nypost.com/2016/07/23/nycs-fastest-subway-rider-beats-his-own-all-stations-speed-record/?0p19G=c

>The key to his underground success, Ahn said, was planning the most efficient route through the system’s 660 miles of track.
>After first reading about the record, “I wonder[ed] how easy it would be to make a route that would beat that record?’ A few spreadsheets later, I had set up a route that I thought would beat it.”

My nigga
>>
File: ahn.jpg (128KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
ahn.jpg
128KB, 1280x853px
>>1019753
>>
>>1019753
>[ed]
The editor is shit. That is not a grammatical mistake, but the implication is that dumb ching chong can't engrish right. The [ed] only makes sense when you remove the quotes and the question mark.
>>
Probably. But it's a good form of autism. I even keep track of all the stations and stops I've travelled to or through in my city.
>>
>>1016690

No

I wish I could travel the trains in my city but youll probably get robbed
>>
>>1016690
not at all, I really wanted to do this last time I was in NYC because I live in a town without mass transit but I just didn't have time.
>>
>>1016690
I like the look of those subway trains.

I'd like to ride on our transit system more often but there's a lot of buskers and beggars who ruin the experience for me sometimes.

I guess amtrak is lot more reliable for long quiet country rides.
>>
>>1016690
Yes...unless you're high.
>>
>>1019838
>travelling bus networks
That is more assburger and probably difficult with certain stops near schools only being served once a day
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.