[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hi /n/ complete newfag here i have a question about bike why

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 6

File: cool guy on a bike.jpg (5KB, 160x160px) Image search: [Google]
cool guy on a bike.jpg
5KB, 160x160px
hi /n/
complete newfag here
i have a question about bike
why do you guys have the saddle higher than the bar
isnt it uncomfortable to ride bike like that
please answer properly. we all wuz newfag once
>>
>>1015831

>/bqg/

also fucking kill yourself
>>
>>1015845
you could have just answered the question.
also what is a good bike to get if u want to go fast like the olympics do
>>
>>1015849
Bikes don't make you fast, training makes you fast. Upgrade the ENGINE.
>>
>>1015854
answer original question aswell pls.
also what engine.
i thought bike runs on chain not motor
>>
File: bmc_schar_full_view_600[1].jpg (62KB, 600x449px) Image search: [Google]
bmc_schar_full_view_600[1].jpg
62KB, 600x449px
>>1015831
>complete newfag here
Seems a lot of "newfags"lately but whatever I like anyone that isn't an /o/ shitposter here.

In the tour the france,or any other(semi)-professional race where they have to ride hours and hours and hours the athletes comfort is still taken into account,an athlete with wrist/back/shoulder pain isnt a optimal performing athlete.

Road bikes aren't inherently uncomfortable even when the saddle is higher than the bars.
Incremental improvements over the years and having a properly(And I mean PROPERLY)set up road bike can be super comfy.

Take it that the more aggressive the riding position you're in (longer reach,bigger saddle/stem drop)the more it will demand of the rider in terms of fit-ness and flexibility.
>>
>>1015876
what the fuck. the guy that rides that bike must be at least 7 foot
>>
File: White.jpg (76KB, 812x951px) Image search: [Google]
White.jpg
76KB, 812x951px
Road bikes setup for racing/fast riding end up with the saddle above the bars because this puts more of the rider's body weight almost directly over the pedals so that gravity can contribute to the force of each pedal stroke, and to put the rider in a more aerodynamic position. As previous anon says, it's not at all uncomfortable as long as you have a proper setup, and sufficient core strength and flexibility (older folks and people with back issues will often have handlebars raised higher up) because most of your body weight is supported by your legs, and the remainder is distributed between the saddle and handlebars.

If you're sitting in a chair right now you can try this yourself by putting a small table or box in front of you and leaning on it while remaining seated, you'll find that it takes almost no strength or effort hold this position indefinitely.
>>
>>1015858
You are the engine of your own bike, your legs the pistons, your stomach the fuel tank.
Upgrading the engine is the only true way to go faster.
>>
>>1015849
why? do you want to buy a fast bike? Venge Vias dura ace 9100 Di2 is the only option, you should get it.
>>
>>1015889
no u r wrong. try race me with wheels shaped like squares. i dont care how big ur leg is
>>
>>1015882
>>1015876
Pic of the dude who rides that. 1.96m tall.
>>
File: recumbent_aero_01a_jr3rj.jpg (29KB, 640x420px) Image search: [Google]
recumbent_aero_01a_jr3rj.jpg
29KB, 640x420px
Typical upright bikes are somewhat easier to pedal if you are leaning forward a bit.
You don't need a bike fitting, you just need somebody experienced to look at your position and say if it looks about right or not.

>>1015876
>Road bikes aren't inherently uncomfortable even when the saddle is higher than the bars.
>Incremental improvements over the years and having a properly(And I mean PROPERLY)set up road bike can be super comfy.
No, not really. The riding comfort sucks.
With proper shorts it can be okay for an hour or two, but pros get paid to suffer and they have massage therapists.

If you want riding comfort, get a recumbent.
The ass pain, hand numbness and neck strain you get on an upright bike never really occur on a recumbent. Only your legs get tired, the rest of you is usually unaffected.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Shermer#Competitive_bicycling
"You don't get Shermer's Neck if you don't ride Shermer's bike"
>>
>>1015893
I like how the-bike-dont-matter fags got completely destroyed by a trolling retard.
>>
All of the above, but I also think it's because you're legs and glutes are more cocked
>>
>>1016955

I do centuries almost every other weekend with no problems on my road bike. If you're having comfort issues you need to stretch and work on your core strength more. Or check your fit.

And this is coming from a guy who wrecked his back in a car accident and can't run more than 100yd or so without a lot of pain.
>>
My quint
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.