[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Been contemplating getting a new bike, old one feels a bit small

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: muh.jpg (9KB, 236x171px) Image search: [Google]
muh.jpg
9KB, 236x171px
Been contemplating getting a new bike, old one feels a bit small and unsatisfying. Can anyone recommend a good bike for less than $1K? I'd prefer a bike good on any surface. btw young unemployed studentfag, Western Aus.
>>
>>1012767

No bike is good on ANY surface.

Some would recommend you a CX/gravel/touring type bike for a general purpose "do all" bike. But can you ride drop bars?
>>
Take a look at Merida.
>>
>>1012767
Don't get a new bike. New bikes are a meme.
Get a used one.
>>
>>1012767
What are you using it for? To get to the shops and class or as a weekend warrior and race machine? If you had to choose between roads and trails which would you want?
>>
>>1012776
>No bike is good on ANY surface
WRONG!

Get a cx mountain bike from a well known brand such as specialized, scott etc. Get one with a 29 inch wheel so it feels good on and off road. Heres one that i own, i ride it on my city commute and off road on the weekends.
https://www.specialized.com/us/en/bikes/mountain/trail/rockhopper/rockhopper-sport-29/106489
>>
>>1013139
used bikes r even a bigger meme. half the time they are broken and require replacements of the drivetrain tyres and even wheels
>>
>>1016176
>recommending alu
>recommending suspension
>recommending flat bar
>recommending 29er
>recommending spec
>recommending alu
>for commuting
>not posted in the bbg

please leave you piece of shit

>>1012767
OP, Buy Used, Old ten speed, rigid 90s MTB, Kona, Jamis, git gud.
>>
>>1016179

>le 90s rigid maymay

Nah man just get a new CX bike with tiagra and call it a day
>>
>>1016179
Fuck off, roadie. Dont you have some lycra to jerk off into?

Op, if you want a bike that performs well on ALL terain get a 29 hardtail MTB. if you want to go from point a to b as fast as possible and dont care about comfort or going off a paved road then get a road bike, wear lycra and be a prententious little faggot. If you want a little of both then listen to>>1016191
>>
>>1016208
Jeez, someone hasn't got laid in a while. ED getting you down? Or are you just super insecure about your feelings towards other men?

Anyway.
It's pretty apparent you've never ridden a road bike, or at least not one that fits.
There is nothing uncomfortable about a road bike, only a poorly fitting one. Or one that some retard had put a gel fucking saddle on because they think that's more comfortable. Hint: It's not.
And this assumption that road bikes can't go off road is total bull. They can, and do.
Yes, you're not going to be riding MTB trails on one, but OP never said that is what he wanted to do.
CX is probably a great call.

But apparently everyone is gay (this is 2016 and you still think that's an insult...) and wrong, apart from you of course.
>>
>the false flag cager STILL doesn't know that he's being monitored
digging your own grave, fool.
>>
>>1016178
Oh no, you need new TIRES? IF ONLY THEY WERE EASY ENOUGH TO CHANGE IN 5 MINUTES
>>
File: IMG_4887.jpg (52KB, 640x535px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4887.jpg
52KB, 640x535px
>>1012767
Get a chromoly frame, carbon fork fixie with cruiser/moustache bars and no brakes.
That or a crust bike.
>>
I was checking out some bikes for my lady earlier in the year. Some notable value brands were Cell, Avanti and Jamis. She ended up getting a Jamis Helix because it came in a model with mods for women, but that brand was pretty good value overall with a nice balance of components and comfy geometry.

I looked at a TON of cheap bikes to get to that as well.
>>
File: 1475925536001.jpg (63KB, 445x372px) Image search: [Google]
1475925536001.jpg
63KB, 445x372px
>>1016212
>this is 2016 and you still think that's an insult
>>
Get a fat bike
>>
>>1016212
>this is 2016 and you still think that's an insult

>>/fa/
>>/hm/
>>/lgbt/
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.