[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I hate this stupid piece of shit. Jammed constantly throughout

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6

File: 21820_1[1].jpg (57KB, 800x804px) Image search: [Google]
21820_1[1].jpg
57KB, 800x804px
I hate this stupid piece of shit. Jammed constantly throughout its life. Finally completely jammed with the last disk stuck out of alignment yesterday. I flooded it with WD40 and have been trying to wiggle the last disk back into alignment but it won't fucking go. Tired a small screw driver and that bastard is stuck fast. Key even when aligned won't fully go in to turn it either, it just scrapes against the edge.

Is there a lock that doesn't cost $125 like the Albus granite X plus that has a mechanism to keep the disks aligned?
>>
seconded, I want the u-part coated in rubber or something so it doesn't scratch the shit out of my paint.
>>
>>1011734
this, i have no idea why the fuck they don't do that already

that said, a roll of duct tape and a styrofoam pool noodle works bretty gud
>>
>>1011731

I'm going to guess you got one with the pointy key.

You gotta make sure the key is aligned in the center of the hole, not to one side.

Also there was a recall on those locks with a pointy key.
>>
>>1011735
that's a great idea, thanks desu
>>
>>1011731

I have that one too and it does get stuck

My OnGuard Bulldog Mini has served me for years and has not gotten jammed, ever

http://www.tested.com/tech/458286-best-bike-lock-today/
'
Apparently it's not the ultimate in u-locks but nobody has even tried to mess with it as far as I can tell

sheldon-browning a mini lock makes it very annoying for anyone to get any kind of leverage on

But though a mini lock is safer you will have a harder time finding things to lock it too. It's not too bad but might take a couple of minutes if there aren't any good poles around
>>
>>1011739

Old bar tape works

Pic related. I was dumb enough to remove the rubber coating on the bulldog and had to cover it again

This lock is a decade old now
>>
File: IMG_20160905_161212768.jpg (378KB, 1690x950px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160905_161212768.jpg
378KB, 1690x950px
>>1011740
I have that same one. Nobody has messed with it. It has never gotten stuck, even though I've left it out in the rain a couple of times. Plus it comes with a rubber cover throughout the U part like >>1011734 suggested. Plus it's cheaper than its Kryptonite or Abus equivalent. And I've already mastered the art of locking my frame, front wheel and the pole together. Barely leaves any room for someone to stick a lever through it and try to break it. AND it also came with a cable lock, in case you want to secure both wheels.
The frame mount sucks though, but don't them all?
>>
>>1011744
>than its Kryptonite or Abus equivalent. And I've already mastered the art of locking my frame, front wheel and the pole together. Barely leaves any room for someone to stick a lever through it and try to break it. AND it also came with a cable lock, in case you want to secure both wheels.
>The frame mount sucks though, but don't them all?

ah I know that bike hell yeah

Yeah I never used the frame mount, part of what inspired me to tear off all the plastic. i thought I could get a 1+ cm of space for locking. Stupid move. Did you do the same thing?

It started scratching my frame so I did the bar tape thing to it

I'm convinced it is the best. I've left mine locked to my front porch for weeks at a time in the rain, no issue

I should probably dump some oil in there or something
>>
>>1011754
I just removed the yellow plastic thingies and the hard plastic thing that locked to the frame mount, u-part rubber is still there
>>
>>1011744
>Nobody has messed with it.
Maybe that's because your bike is a piece of shit.
>>
>>1011764
I lock my naisu baiku with it too
>inb4 it's a piece of shit too
;_;
>>
Has anyone tried the newer version of the Kryptinte bracket? It's (supposed) to actually work now but I want confirmation from a /n/igger before I spend 13 bucks on a piece of plastic.
>>
>>1011795
the frame mount bracket? The one that came with my kryptolok last year has been working pretty well. I've got it on my seat post with the lock vertical and the bar extending backwards.
>>
> wd40
Its already rusted and you use wd40?
Use lube you idiot.
>>
>>1011885
Not rusted. At least not visually on any of the disks. Plus aren't the discs usually brass?
>>
>>1011900
Theres a reason for the phrase "if in doubt, lubricate", not degrease. I had my lock strapped on my rack and had road salt soak my lock last winter. A nice amount of lube and they never seized again. Did the same for my roommates lock.
>>
>>1011878
this sounds retarded and I understand your explanation but could you pic that shit?
>>
>>1011731
Have that one, hasn't jammed from what I remember, it's around 6 years old.
>>
>>1011731
I have some Mastercraft ulock that's around a decade old now. Ridiculously heavy but it hasn't failed me yet. Rubber coating and works when it's -40 outside.

>>1011744
I understand most of this fuckery, but why the mis-matched pedals?

>>1011771
Are those Lithions any good? I've seen them for cheap but I ended up splurging on Pro4 Service Course.

>>1011795
I found a convuluted way to lock it to my rack and it works well enough.
>>
Is it possible to remove the metal frame mount bracket on the actual lock of krytonites?
>>
>>1011961
>but why the mis-matched pedals?
It's a bike made out of spare parts from my junk box, it has many mismatched parts
>Are those Lithions any good?
They're alright for the price. Decent puncture protection, light, decent rolling. Had Pro4s and they were far nicer.
>>
>>1011731
can we settle this once and for all, the abus 140 is the best lock on the market.
if you need more security, buy two, or three.
>>
File: 71Hs+SKdi5L._SL1500_.jpg (73KB, 710x1500px) Image search: [Google]
71Hs+SKdi5L._SL1500_.jpg
73KB, 710x1500px
My ABUS Granit Extreme 59 is arriving today.
Any stories of it jamming?
>>
>>1011731
use the spare key you chode, then get rid of it

same shit happening to me with a kryptoshit chain
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.