[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you identify a pussy mountain biker >FS >No fenders

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 6

How do you identify a pussy mountain biker
>FS
>No fenders
>1x
>no bell
>full face helmet
>logos and brands everywhere on his bike and his clothing

Remember it, it could save your life
>>
>>1010430

>no bell
>no fenders

No u grandpa
>>
>>1010430
>hacking on people who don't do things the way *I* want to do them, so *obviously* they're wrong and need to be mocked on an anonymous Afghani terrorists' cave-exploring picture sharing website
I don't even HAVE a mountain bike and I think you're a rediculous manchild for posting threads like this.

I'll bet you don't even *own* a bike, OP. What are you, confined to a wheelchair and to being indoors 24/7/365, and massively butthurt because of it, so you lash out at whoever you think you can get away with? And then you have to do it here, on 4chan, because you know nobody can censor you except for the moderators, and since this is /n/, you'd have to post CP to get your post deleted and you b&. So we have a permagimp posting somewhere almost nobody cares about, about shit nobody really cares about. Can you get any more pathetic than that? I don't think you can, at least not on 4chan. IRL I'll bet you're even more pathetic, though. I've known people with permanent disabilities, and they come in two flavors: the ones that pull themselves up by their own figurative bootstraps and achieve well beyond anyones expectations, and the ones who whine and verbally bully and demand because they think they're entitled. Guess which you would be?

Not even sure you're some permagimp or not, of course. But some kid stuck in a wheelchair is still a better person (and posts better threads) than you do.

Kill yourself. You'll do the world a favor.
>>
>>1010436
Bell is immensly underrated. You can warn people when you overtake or ring before you go in corners that don't have good visibility.

Fenders are a sign that you don't just ride on the weekend in hermetically confined save spaces, also known as "bike parks"

>>1010446
Nice copipe
>>
File: 53464.jpg (212KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
53464.jpg
212KB, 1920x1080px
>>1010509

>needing fenders while mountain biking (XC or Enduro I presume) wet or dry
>needing a bell on trails with no traffic whatsoever
>or just being so much of fred cuck roadie wannabe that you can't even navigate the traffic without sounding your gay bell and letting others know how much cocks you can fit in your saggy anus (up to 5 rings I presume)

Ok now you can just get out for your poor attempt at shitposting.
>>
>>1010446
>Kill yourself. You'll do the world a favor.
he should only do that if he's a Hillary supporter
>>
OP is a tarmac loving XC faggot.
What a waste of internet.
>>
File: 87e630f335bbc5061.jpg (26KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
87e630f335bbc5061.jpg
26KB, 240x240px
>>1010430
>no bell
How about having perma-banned bells because of a really ugly accident ages ago where they had to retrieve bell bits from my body?
>>
>>1010733
Like I said, pussy
>>
>>1010509

I ride full rigid and have a bell on the stem. If it starts dinging by itself, I take it as a sign to slow down a bit. :3
>>
I don't understand the FS thing. Sure it might make sense for some extreme racing like downhill which would literally be fatal without the safety net of suspension. But I see dudes in full kit riding FS bikes on firetrails that I take my girlfriend riding. They're doing strava segments too I see them poking their phones and signs everywhere for lost phones and gopros. Do they think it's impressive to ride a full suspension bike on trails you could do with a ten-speed?
>>
>>1010984
more comfy
less wear on wheels, axles

Once you go fs, it's hard to go back.
>>
>>1010987

I went back. Way too fiddly and too much maintenance. Also a crutch which promotes poor riding. For me nothing feels nicer than matching a drop with a nice rigid landing. You feel like Newton working on physics in real time. :3
>>
>>1010430
Whats wrong with 1x?
>>
>>1010430

Anyone who straps their $3,000 bike onto a Rav4 and drives to a trail an hour away where they put on layers of technical clothing so they can do "Sweet jumps" is a fake cyclist stoner bro faggot
>>
>>1010727

It's funny how MTB bros think they are tough because they go off of jumps

Every innovation in MTB is about making trail riding safer and easier. Super strong brakes, fatter tires, bigger diameter tires, suspension, dropper posts. 1x

Now I hear a big slice of the population is taking chair lifts to the top of the mountain so that they can coast down doing Sweet Jumps

Meanwhile roadies leave from their garage and torture ride themselves no matter what the local terrain looks like and they suffer suffer suffer. The MTB tough guy barely breaks a sweat! FUCK MTB

The only acceptable MTB is the 1x Surly bro, who is usually stoned out of his mind, slowly rolling over pebbles with his Pugsley while daydreaming about making love to Ultraromance and sweet IPA beard glasses pixel art upload reddit karma
>>
File: mtbbell.png (122KB, 763x629px) Image search: [Google]
mtbbell.png
122KB, 763x629px
>>1010987
I agree with this guy-Sometimes I lock out my shock and fork for nostalgia and the ride is just less comfy and enjoyable. Modern components have pretty much eliminated "pedal bob" so other than weight and cost there is little reason not to go FS. 1x and plus tires have their place but I still prefer 2x and hard skinny tires. I actually want a bell because i ride between trails on crowded bike paths. This one is supposed to sound like a cowbell instead of an antique telephone. Fenders would be nice but glasses are good enough.
>>
>>1011018

What are you smoking?

Anyone who even remotely takes XC or Enduro seriosly will ride from home door (if possible) to the top to EARN the descent. If you don't earn your descents you are not even considered a real mountain biker. Just another pleb with a bike.
>>
>>1011245

>Anyone who even remotely takes XC or Enduro seriosly will ride from home door (if possible) to the top to EARN the descent.

Not when you live 100+kms from the mountains/trails. In mountain towns, yes.
>>
>>1011272

as I said

>(if posible)

otherwise you get there and start climbing from the very bottom to the very top without any aid of lifts or cars.
>>
File: graf.jpg (1MB, 1922x1080px) Image search: [Google]
graf.jpg
1MB, 1922x1080px
>riding a fat bike
>riding a 29er
>anything but 1x with an 11-36 or smaller in the back
>wearing pads
>wearing MTB specific clothes
>fenders
>goggles
>full face
>riding on an IMBA trail
>doesn't yell "YAAWWW YAWWW" when passing equestrians
>doesn't blast hikers with dirt roosts
>>
i wear loads of technical clothing and pads, $200 clipless shoes, f/s bike, 650b tubeless, sram eagle 1x12, dropper post, 760mm bars, and i can't even ride a bike. i mean i OWN one, but i can't ride it to any appreciable degree.
>>
overgrown bmx sk8r wannabes
>>
>>1011018

Around my parts the area is popular for both MTB AND road freds. When I'm out riding their SUVs loaded up with bikes squeeze past me on the hills and block me on the descents, so I end up losing flow and wasting energy on my way to the trail.

Fucking cancer.
>>
>>1011003
yeah I tried nice fs and hardtail rentals and stuck with my old rigid 26er with "skinny" 1.8" tires because it's more entertaining
>>
>>1011318
not everyone has all day to hill climb, friend. i sincerely hope that someday you know the feeling of having your time be valuable beyond self-interest.
>>
>>1011399

Hey man why don't you just buy a motorbike then?
>>
>>1011399
If there is something more important than riding your bike, then why do you even do it.
>>
>>1011399

>wah wah My slave job and burger filled ass won't allow me to ride like normal human being
>please understandâ„¢

Stop cycling in general and seek another hobby.
>>
>>1011400
i have two, though. got a 450 husky fourstroke and a little 125 ratbike.

>>1011403
>>1011408
i'm a chemical engineer. once you graduate university you'll understand. i'm not saying you'll be successful or even choose not to be a perma-dirtbag doing bare minimum work to maximize bike time, but you will understand.
>>
>>1011505

>you will understand
>once you graduate university you'll understand

I have a major in electrical engineering and NO I don't fucking understand. I just grab my bike on my free time and RIDE it.

You sound like some special snowflake that thinks people should give you a "free pass" now for graduating university or something. Got no time? pick another hobby or get used to being labaled as little faggot who can't climb.
>>
>>1011505
You are exactly the type of person that is described in the OP.
Ur a pussy
>>
>>1011523
>>1011531
dirtbags detected. wash that flannel any time, bud.

did either of you even hit whistler this year? you probably just watched edits and scrounged a fifty for weed every week this summer, didntcha?
>>
>>1011536
Maybe you shouldnt be so bitter at other people who can prioritize their time better than you
>>
>>1011536

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=voNqjCAy6Sg
>>
>>1011018
Roadies are just a bunch of spandex-wearing faggots.
>>
>>1011637
True this.
>Take my mtb to a tarmac road
>Even no hills
>Average 40km/h
>Roadies struggling to drop me
>That one guy that barely managed to overtake me stopped and pretended to so something on his phone

Roadies are fucking pussies. I rode 70km and barely broke a sweat.
If I compare this to mountain climbing on rocky paths with my mtb, it's fucking easy as fuck.
>>
>>1011669

They all run 52 chainrings with 25 cassettes, just like the doped up skellingtons in the pro peloton. That's why roadies are so obsessed about muh grams because even a compact is a chore up a mountain compared to mtb gears.
>>
GIRLS! GIRLS!
You're ALL pretty!
>>
>>1011791
then why do they have penises
>>
>>1011669
Strava or it didn't happen
>>
File: 1387310524510.jpg (47KB, 499x468px) Image search: [Google]
1387310524510.jpg
47KB, 499x468px
>>1011676
what manner of ass-hat climbs in the big ring?

>im so tuf look at me struggle up this grade in my 52 ring
you know what that says to me?

IT SAYS YOURE

S L O W
L
O
W
>>
>>1011676
>>1012184
The biggest problem is that manufacturers push standard cranksets. Partly because mamil freds want them to look more pro. An amateur rider will never need standard crankset but can do just fine with one if they don't have massive hills. At least groupset manufacturers are stepping up and now have crank spiders that can take both compact and standard rings. So going from the standard to compact is much cheaper since there's no need for a complete crankset. Compact is just fine up a mountain if you're even relatively fit.

Tight cassettes are useful on flat areas since they allow for better cadence control. However on hilly terrain a 11 - 28 or even 30 or 32 is much more useful.

>>1012152
So they can fuck your boipucci.
>>
>>1011018
>>The MTB tough guy barely breaks a sweat!

Obviously you've never ridden a mountain. Even doing park laps and only riding descents is a great workout albeit more muscular than cardio. I do it on my hardtail, but descending 10k+ meters elevation in a day even on a DH bike can be exhausting.
>>
>>1011676
>39x25 is hard
maybe at 15%+
>>
>started XC 4 months ago
>do long rides because I can
>already 30km in and start the ultimate climb before going home
>meet 2 locals
>one of them is a total fred with what looks like 3k orbea full suspension all fox components pussy magnet
>the other just has a decent mid range hard tail
>cutting story short: the dude with hardtail and me get to the climb and drop the fred hard
>once we are all on the top the fred starts boasting how he lost 25kg of weight and how I should get a better bike because "I look serious" despite my body weight (92kg) and my entry level deore bike

Every fuck I met with high end FS so far is 100% freds that use their bikes as a status symbol instead of just a tool for the work. In my case they even rub it in my face sometimes "lmao git gud bike" despite me clearly not needing one.
>>
>>1012196
>At least groupset manufacturers are stepping up and now have crank spiders that can take both compact and standard rings. So going from the standard to compact is much cheaper since there's no need for a complete crankset.

>want to swap my ultegra bike which came with a standard crank for compact
>nowhere actually stocks just the chainrings

At least the whole crank is about half the local retail online...

>>1012255
Gets hard shortly after 6%, but maybe el pistolero reads /n/
>>
>>1011285
donor detected

North shore here, honestly as long as you're hitting diamond level trails, you're no longer a pussy.

Dunno what it's like in other areas of the world but you're getting air even on blue square trails here in BC half the time. If you don't wear some protection, you're going to start breaking bones, and not be mtb'ing much longer.

Also 29er is slightly more difficult to ride at a park than smaller sizes... it rolls much faster, nothing wrong with it.

>>1010430
>>
>>1012712
>someone rides different things
>takes it somewhere it won't do as well because why not/it might be his only bike

yoo rofl
>>
>>1012750

>mid range XC bike
>won't do well for XC

wat?
>>
>>1012751
I'm talking about the guy on the FS.
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.