[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I get a Ruckus senpaitachi? And if so is it worth it to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 7

File: honda-ruckus-49cc-5.jpg (106KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
honda-ruckus-49cc-5.jpg
106KB, 640x480px
Should I get a Ruckus senpaitachi? And if so is it worth it to get a new 2016 model or look for an old one?
>>
Get a Grom
>>
>>1010238
get a bike
>>
>>1010242
I have a bike, it doesn't go as fast as a Ruckus
>>
How tall are you?

They're small bikes I felt too tall for it at 6'4"
>>
>>1010249
that's a problem with your legs, not the technology
>>
>>1010253
I don't think most people can pedal their bikes at 72 km/h
>>
Why a Ruckus, in particular?
Scooters are generally a bad deal compared to a used motorcycle, and the Ruckus ain't even got proper storage in the seat like most scooters.
>>
>>1010259
I was in an accident recently and I don't think my insurance company would insure me for a motorcycle.

They might insure me for a scooter though, and I like the rugged look of the Ruckus
>>
>>1010261
>scooter
>rugged

M8...
>>
File: March24th2013117.jpg (48KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
March24th2013117.jpg
48KB, 800x600px
>>1010262
you mad mate?
>>
File: pussymagnet.jpg (1022KB, 2917x1714px) Image search: [Google]
pussymagnet.jpg
1022KB, 2917x1714px
>>1010253
this thing can easily hit 45mph on flat ground, and gets 100mpg. it's considered a low powered scooter. You're fucking stupid.
>>
>>1010251
this
those are really fucking tiny
you could get a super cub for half the price
>>
>>1010259
I think the appeal of the 50cc scooter is that you can go the speed limit in most places, and you don't need a driver's license, insurance, or license plates. It's basically a low powered motorcycle built in the style of a step-through cruiser bike that anyone can drive legally. I'm not opposed to getting a nice cafe racer but I love the lack of responsibility involved in owning a scooter
>>
>>1010238
Get a vespa

or, if it's in your area, a super cub
>>
>>1010426
>you don't need a driver's license, insurance, or license plates
You do where I live. Technically you need a motorcycle license to ride a ruckus here too because it can go faster than 30 miles per hour on flat ground but people get away with not having one.
>>
>>1010443
where I live you need to register it but you don't need a license, or at least I don't need one since I was 18 before the 2013 when the law changed and now you need a moped license.
>>
>>1010426
>>1010443
>>1010445
what the fucc is up with the us, here you need to insure, register and get a separate 50cc license
>>
The Ruckus is way over priced, its listed at $2600 for a 50cc scooter when you can get 150cc scooters for less than that.
>>
>>1010460
well around my parts I can get 2.5 used super cubs for the average price of one ruckus and super cub will run on spit and spirits indefinitely, it's larger and more comfortable and the parts are abundant
>>
>>1010458
Are you in AUS?

I've heard of weird laws outside the US like you need to ride sub-250cc motorcycles for a year or two before moving up but I guess it makes sense logically.

Rich kids end up buying liter bikes all the time without realizing how powerful they can be.
>>
File: coolride_motorcycle_mk52.jpg (362KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
coolride_motorcycle_mk52.jpg
362KB, 1024x768px
>>1010238
>Should I get a Ruckus senpaitachi? And if so is it worth it to get a new 2016 model or look for an old one?
The main problem with the 50cc scooters is that they just aren't built real sturdy.
If you are a person of small stature (and weight) and don't use it a whole lot, it can last a long time.
Also--the Japanese stuff costs 5X what the Chinese ones do, but at least in the USA--the Chinese ones are built poorly and there's no local repairs or parts support.

>>1010458
>what the fucc is up with the us, here you need to insure, register and get a separate 50cc license
I dunno where those other guise live but in the US, most states are gradually integrating 50cc scooters into the low-end motorcycle license requirements. In years past you had to register it and get plates, but you didn't need any special license or training for a 50cc auto-shift scooter.

>>1010460
>The Ruckus is way over priced, its listed at $2600 for a 50cc scooter when you can get 150cc scooters for less than that.
If you mean the China ones, they're engineered and assembled poorly, and they usually have no local repair mechanics or parts support. Keeping a Chinese scooter running is a whole hobby in itself.
If you buy Honda, Kawasaki or other Japanese, it will cost 5X but it work perfectly when you get it from the dealer, and it will *usually* keep on working perfectly for a long time.
>>
File: ruckus.jpg (934KB, 1067x800px) Image search: [Google]
ruckus.jpg
934KB, 1067x800px
>honda ruckus
>weak

good one m8s

get a used one, I doubt they have changed much over the years.
>>
File: Havana.jpg (124KB, 768x666px) Image search: [Google]
Havana.jpg
124KB, 768x666px
>>1010529
>If you mean the China ones, they're engineered and assembled poorly, and they usually have no local repair mechanics or parts support. Keeping a Chinese scooter running is a whole hobby in itself.
Lance Havana
125cc
$2000
made in Taiwan with Japanese engines
>>
>>1010529
But a Ruckus is Japanese and built plenty sturdy. Chinese scooters use Honda based engines and many parts are inter changeable. They're just poorly built and no one wants to work on them, it's like working on BSOs even if BSO have standard BSA threading.
>>
>>1010577
Whenever I read
>made in county X with Y parts
It makes me think of those chinese knockoff watches. Sure it has rolex internals, sure.

If I want a japanese machine I'm buying one from japan, not one 'just like it' from china. Just a personal preference, I believe it saves money in the long run.
>>
>>1010434
Modern Vespas are ugly, vintage Vespas are smelly.

>>1010239
Grom is a clown bike.

>>1010251
that's a problem with your legs, not the technology

>>1010259
Modern scoots are light weight and full auto, also the lack of paneling is a plus. Shit like Kymco works fine but cracking scratched up panels covering everything is annoying.

>>1010261
I can tell you're one of the people that wouldn't put in the money or effort to MSF or ATGATT. KYS, since that's apparently what you plan on anyways.
>>
>>1010238
I was looking at buying a ruckus here in Canada but its costs 1000$ more than the Yamaha BWS and its also 50cc
If you don't mind used, get a used one. They're cheaper and are basically the same as the new one.

The ultimate though is you should get something you enjoy to ride around since you don't want a shitty experience when commuting, traveling or whatever.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hm8t5WWYctI

i have a yamaha zuma from 2005 ive rode it for like a month straight every day

shits bretty stronk
>>
>>1010577
>Lance Havana
>125cc
>$2000
Never seen that brand.
In my area ~5 years ago, a LOT of used car dealers took to selling Chinese scooters also.
These were the cheaper generic ones on sites like scooterdepot.com and whatnot
150cc costs $800 for a cheapie, $1600 for a "deluxe" version

I used to see TONS of people riding these things around in the summer back then. Now I don't see anybody riding them.
The car places used to do service on them, so when it stopped working you at least had somewhere to go for help.
My guess is, all those scooters stopped running or otherwise went to shit and there was no shops willing to try to fix them, so the people got rid of them in whatever way.

I still see people riding Japanese scooters, but not nearly as many people as when the China scooters were everywhere.

In the midwest-US, most regular motorcycle shops will not work on the low-end China scooters at all.
They claim to have no service info or parts sources (which may very well be true) so there's no point in even bothering with them.
>>
>>1010426
Where i live in usa,NY, you need everything you need for an actual motorcycle so there's no point
>>
>>1012578
i live in NYC and i can confirm this i did more research and paperwork getting a 50cc legal and running in the city than for most anything else in my entire life

its fun as fuck tho but deff not worth the hassle for the average tra/n/sfag

and i still think im not 100% legal since i dont have a motorcycle license even tho the DMV registered it with my car drivers license from out of state, i heard you can get OUT OF CLASSIFICATION infraction ticket for going faster than a moped (20mph) that its classified in the title as
>>
>>1014125
What the hell. In here that's basically the only attractiveness of scooters under 50cc that they need no more papers than a bicycle (cheap written drivers test or any other drivers license and a number plate without need for annual technical inspection or anything).
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.