[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are you aware of the Superilles? They are this kind of attempt

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 8

File: file.png (724KB, 800x436px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
724KB, 800x436px
Are you aware of the Superilles?

They are this kind of attempt at pacifying road traffic in Barcelona. They take 9 blocks, 3x3, and turn them into one super-block (superillla). Traffic inside is pacified and you can have outdoor activities and such.

Some Bus stops have been bought away of them because only residents and loading and unloading vehicles, so that may be a pain in the ass for some users
>>
File: file.png (739KB, 1109x807px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
739KB, 1109x807px
>>1009806
>>
I don't understand what you mean by "pacified" traffic
>>
File: bahnhofstrasse.jpg (176KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
bahnhofstrasse.jpg
176KB, 1200x800px
>>1009806
barcelonian here. Nice to see a thread about my city. People are up in arms about this whole scheme, amazing how butthurt cagers can get.
The only bad thing I see is that they've fucked up the main bus corridor running through there. There's a diagonal street that cuts right through the grid, it used to carry two popular bus lines, now they've just separated each direction of the bus by three blocks which is retarded.

Notice how the graphic in >>1009808 doesn't even show the bus symbol in the "after" pic. It pisses me off that public transit is being considered together with cars and not with pacified uses. It's simply retarded. Precisely public transit ought to run right through the middle of the pacified area. Pic extremely fucking related.

>tfw this city manages to fuck up absolutely everything it could have potentially going for itself
>>
File: map1.png (570KB, 874x678px) Image search: [Google]
map1.png
570KB, 874x678px
I've illustrated what I was going on about the bus lines. Here's the before pic, the way it was before the "Superilla" (= super block, because it's one large block made of various street blocks). The corridor was already broken by that dumb park which split both directions at that point. Also at the southern side (to the left) the bus used parallel streets because lol unidirectional streets for more cages.

Left of the map the bus goes on just a bit more to the very center of the city, then has to go three blocks upward and back down that large avenue, only to change direction. To the right the buses run much further, into the burbs. Two lines run along this street.
>>
File: map2.png (569KB, 874x678px) Image search: [Google]
map2.png
569KB, 874x678px
>>1009846
This is the "after" pic, notice the bus runs no more through the designated (inb4 shitting street) area. Each direction of the bus lines now runs 3 blocks apart for a good stretch, and also does a lot of turns which are anything but logical or intuitive.
>>
File: map3.png (575KB, 874x678px) Image search: [Google]
map3.png
575KB, 874x678px
>>1009848
And this is my autistic dream pic, where both directions of the bus would run on the same streets at all time. Technically it's no problem, since they're all big streets where a bus lane in each direction would fit perfectly. However it would imply cutting a street right through the park, the way it had always been.
>b-b-but m-muh pedestrian space
>b-but m-muh park
>b-but muh NIMBYs hating on public transit

The northern part of the diagonal street, to the right of the park, is wide enough that it could even allow for a bus lane down the center of the road, BRT style, which would allow excellent speeds. Useful for a radial bus running from downtown to the burbs.
>this is why we can't have nice things
>>
>>1009839
Barcelona making retarded decisions about public transport? Say it ain't so!
>>
>>1009983
Well at least we're not Madrid. Check this shit out:
>yesterday they did the "day without cars" both in Barcelona and Madrid
>this mostly means some streets get closed off and people are encouraged to not use their cars that day
>in Barcelona traffic went down about 5%, and public transit ridership went up in a similar proportion
>in Madrid there was a total traffic collapse with kilometric traffic jams at the entry to the city
all the while
>Madrid has the 7th largest Metro system in the world, larger than Paris', despite being the 82nd largest city in the world
>Literally every last corner of the city has a Metro stop closeby
>Madrid has a top tier commuter rail system while Barcelona's is totally run down
and yet they still have so many fucking cagers that just closing down a handful of streets made the whole thing implode on itself, so badly designed is their rapid transit network. You can't find a better definition of infrastructure politics in spain.
>spend a lot of money
>get nothing out of it
>>
File: mapa_totes_superilles.jpg (240KB, 1080x635px) Image search: [Google]
mapa_totes_superilles.jpg
240KB, 1080x635px
This is the full project for the whole city.
>>
>>1009992
I've read about Madrid's failed metro on /n/ before - i wonder if it was you. IIRC - the main problem is too many stops, meaning it's slow to get anywhere - and often needing to do multiple transfers?
>>
File: short_train.jpg (64KB, 520x346px) Image search: [Google]
short_train.jpg
64KB, 520x346px
>>1010514
Likely me, few people here care about transport in spain. Then again, why would anyone care about shitty spain.
It's not even like I'm mad or something, I find this Barcelona-Madrid rivalry extremely tiresome, I just kinda feel bad for them seeing how they fuck up all the time. They've really put money into their Metro yet they've gotten so little out of it. I mean around here in Barcelona shit's kinda fucked here and there, but it's mostly because of too little investment, not too much except for that monumental piece of crap that Line 9 is, but w/e.

There's something extremely frustrating about a place that wastes money in such retarded fashions like Spain does. It's like, you could do awesome stuff, and yet you don't. It's not even like fucking Mexico and shit, where they don't have any money to blow on bullshit to start with so they have to make due. It's that you're so close to having nice things, and yet...
>>
>>1009992
i mean ignoring the overspend madrids metro+renfe is GOAT and the trains are usually full
>>
>>1009808
I really like this idea but it really bothers me that the grid streets don't actually line up with the streets on the map
>>
>>1012476
Not really. Renfe is breddy gud, but Metro is shit, and only few lines in a central portion get full, everywhere else the trains are almost empty. It takes ages to get anywhere by Metro.
>>
>>1012509
But they do line up.
>>
>>1012548
He talks about the satellite photo behind the grid
>>
>>1009846
Yeah that looks pretty retarded, don't know why they wouldn't allow some bus passing by every 10 or 15 minutes.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.