[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

sup /n/. haven't posted on here really in years, but this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
sup /n/. haven't posted on here really in years, but this happened today and i'm bummed out big time. just built this bike back up after a few years of being dormant. probably my third or fourth ride back on them.

these wheels bunked, or can i get a welder to fix? i know alum. is a high heat, but it can't be that hard to patch? should i be concerned about durability/stress on the walls if they 'patch' it? or just say fuck it and ebay some new wheels?
>>
I'd say you're SCREWED ahahahahhaha

No but really you could probably just get a new tire and tube.
>>
>>1005481
>Screw is piercing through the metal of the wheel
>>
>>1005483
I don't think it really matters...maybe put a coin there?
>>
That's pretty much the final NAIL in the coffin.
Brand new casual wheels will only cost you about $70 ~ $100. Or take the chance to upgrade.
>>
>>1005480
>welding
>aluminum

Just get a new wheel.
>>
>>1005485

they're campy shamal 16s. running a record 9 speed drivetrain on it. i have a pair of carbon wheels that i can put on the bike, but these are more 'period appropriate', as the bike is an italian steel frame from the mid 90s.

just looked on ebay and a rear shamal is only 150-200; i'd imagine getting someone to weld them would cost at least 100 or so, but wouldn't guarantee against the added stress fatigue/failing.

oh well. fucking debated on whether or not to take that particular road, too, but decided to do it when i got to the turn off for it. shoulda coulda.
>>
Looks like a nice hub, would like to salvage that, built it to a stage rim.
>>
>>1005481
nailed it
>>
File: 20120911_143821.jpg (1MB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
20120911_143821.jpg
1MB, 2048x1536px
I've had a similar feel minus the rim thing.
>>
>>1005496
leave it in or you'll bleed out
>>
>>1005480
Remove the wheel and throw it in the trash, it's non-repairable.

If the hub is fairly new you could de-tension and remove the spokes and salvage it for a new wheel build, but if it's old at all then it's also junk and you should just throw it away.

Next time pay more attention to where you're riding and you won't run over something so goddamned big that it ruins your whole bike. Honestly I can't understand how it is that you could miss something like that AND run over it so hard. Maybe you should take a bike class or something.
>>
>>1005480
>>1005496
How does something like this even happen?
Are they coincidentally stood upright on the head of the screw as you go over them?

I've fortunately never had it happen to myself but my father is always getting screws/nails stuck in his motorcycle wheels.
>>
>>1005592
>he doesn't ride enough that he fucks up components

why would i take the advice of some pleb who can't look at a hub/rim and tell how new it is?

>>1005596

shit on the side of the road that falls off construction trucks.
>>
File: 1436342935182.jpg (901KB, 2048x1366px) Image search: [Google]
1436342935182.jpg
901KB, 2048x1366px
>>1005480
Hey OP, could you please post a picture of your complete bike, with decent lighting, from the drivetrain side?
I'd love to see it
>>
>>1005637
>decent lighting
>posts that shit image
>overexposed
>abberation
>>
>>1005644
Decent lighting as in not in your dark garage
>>
>>1005480
yeah, get a new rim
welding is impossible
you shouldn't be riding shimano late 90s 1cross bladed straight pull wheels anyway.
the tire looks cheap too.
>>
>>1005490
>tfw your bike is the cost of his wheel
>>
yeah anyone who says you have a shot in hell of fixing that is trolling senpai, sorry
it's fricked
>>
>>1005480
Why's the chain going up, tho?
>>
Kek I've seen this happen on a steel rim.

Bit of sanding,HP rim tape and wa-la!
>>
>>1005657

they're campy wheels, as already stated in this thread. tires are maxxis. surprisingly you don't know what you're talking about.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.