[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>be me >bright eyed and bushy tailed 14 year old who got

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: pilatusPC-12NGspectreOct2012c.jpg (3MB, 4288x2848px) Image search: [Google]
pilatusPC-12NGspectreOct2012c.jpg
3MB, 4288x2848px
>be me
>bright eyed and bushy tailed 14 year old who got invited to volunteer at an airshow
>ground crew lets me help wingwalk the Aeroshell team's T-6 Texans
>Tell one of the ground crew lads that I want to work in aviation when I grow up
>He looks at me with the most dead look in his eyes
>"Want me to give you some advice?"
>I say yes, naive child as I was
>"Never work in aviation"

For some reason, I can't seem to take that advice, even knowing how much being a pilot sucks at first. 30 flight hours into my Private Pilot training and I still haven't turned back like any sane person would.

Anyone else here /masochist/?
>>
Don't work in aviation or the railroad.

There's a reason nearly everyone is an alcoholic.
>>
Pretty much everyone i have asked about working in field *xy* told me to never work in field *xy*.

Working is death.

Being above 30 is death.
>>
>>1003745
>Turned 29 this year

FUCK
>>
File: siara-o.gif (889KB, 320x208px) Image search: [Google]
siara-o.gif
889KB, 320x208px
>>1003745
>>1003786
>>
>>1003745
Software development is the shit. Easy, interesting, job in a comfy office. Pay and benefits are great.
>>
>>1003806
That lifestyle is pretty poor though.

>>1003697
Sadly, it's about who you know, how committed you are with time and money and how much you are willing to sacrifice. Especially for pilots.

>ground crew
No wonder he looked dead inside.
>>
>>1003806
If you're a lazy, fat geek then I guess that would be fulfilling.
>>
>>1003745
It's over.
>>
>>1003745
>be nuclear engie
>sit at a plant all day and do literally nothing
>feel good about being in a place more secure than an airport
>feel good about your friends and family thinking that nuclear engineering requires intelligence
>in reality nuclear engineering is easy af
>>
>>1003976

Its like you have no idea what industries you can work in as a software guy or an EE.
>>
>>1004798
So you're basically Homer Simpson.
>>
>>1003697
I kinda had an inner dilemma today. I'm in college for an ME degree, but when I think of what my job would likely be as an ME, I can't help but feel like I'd just be bored off my ass all day. Sure, the pay is good, but I'd hate myself. I've felt like complete shit for the last 5 years of my life and I don't know if I could handle it if my job turned out to be sitting in front of a computer all day on CAD and scribbling down equations. I had a taste of that lifestyle doing web design and it wasn't sweet. I've had this lifelong desire to learn how to fly and be a pilot though, and now I'm starting to wonder what it'd be like. Sure, the pay is shit in the beginning and finding work would probably be tough, but it's something I want to do. Something I actually look forward to. Fuck me, should I go for it?
>>
>>1003697
If you have the money to gamble, you can do it. I graduated four years ago and haven't gotten a flying job. Sure you'll think that you'll be different, that this wont apply to you, but let me tell you something:

everybody thinks they're the exception.

Luckily, well truth to be told - it wasn't just luck, I lived like a nomad for nearly ten years, but anyway: I didn't have to take a dime from the bank to afford my training.

Looking back, I'd probably finish my university instead. However you'll never know if you're never take the leap. Life's too short to do a job you don't like. And I've done a lot of shitty jobs to get this far.
>>
>tfw aircraft mechanic
Life is pain
>>
>>1007028
that's living the life easy mode
>>
If your job isn't public sector, it's probably a stressful fucking nightmare

If your job isn't private sector, it is a frustrating boring nightmare where nothing ever gets done
>>
>>1007029
Money is shit, pilots are assholes. I wish I could have just stuck with cars and ripped off stupid people
>>
>>1007032
>Money is shit

so is pilot's pay, too. And I paid $120k for my licence.

> pilots are assholes

can't argue, but so are ground crew. I don't mind being an asshole if it gets the job done. Sometimes I bring donuts and bagels to our mechanics, though.
>>
File: lufthansa.jpg (438KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
lufthansa.jpg
438KB, 1024x683px
>>1003697
>mum says dont become a doctor (shes a doctor)
>dad says dont become a tax adviser (hes a tax adviser)
>always wanted to be a pilot anyways
>start studying aeronautics because its with planes but less risky
>older dude is a prof there, hes teaching part time and flying a 767 part time
>"if you want to be a pilot become a pilot, its the best shit ever, im divorced, i dont have free time at all, and im constantly tired from the jetlag, but i never looked back etc."
>fuck it
>cancel aeronautics
>do a few pretty hard exams to get accepted into a really good flight school with a really good rep
>in training since like 8 months now

i have a cab license too kek, so what could go wrong?
>>
>>1003806
Is your name pajeet? Because that's where the jobs in the us are going
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.