[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do cyclists disobey traffic controls all the time? You say

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 141
Thread images: 15

File: tumblr_nre7hgI1xR1tpguaqo1_540.jpg (61KB, 529x529px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nre7hgI1xR1tpguaqo1_540.jpg
61KB, 529x529px
Why do cyclists disobey traffic controls all the time? You say "share the road", claim that the bicycle is equivalent to a car or motor cycle on the road, and bitch about actual respectable people who can afford to drive a car because they work hard and don't ride a bike everywhere like a loser.

A red light means stop. Green light means go. Stop signs mean stop. No turn on red means no turn on red. No left turns or no right turns mean no left turns and no right turns, respectively.

Want to treated the same? Act the same, abide by the rules. If you don't then don't complain when cars run you over when you're riding on the road disobeying every single rule of the road. It's your fault.
>>
>>1001865

Stay fat, fatty
>>
>can afford to drive a car

stopped reading there, for those people who CHOOSE to bike everywhere they can, they get to enjoy all the privileges of a car and all the rights of a pedestrian. get fucked, cager
>>
>>1001879
>enjoy all the privileges of a car and all the rights of a pedestrian

That's what you think. Share the road, if you want to be on the road then the rules apply to you too. Get fucked pussy.
>>
>>1001865
I rolling stop with all vehicles when I can though, and fully stop when I don't have right of way.

Why are you judging me based on what other people do?
>>
>>1001865
>Why do cyclists disobey traffic controls all the time?
I need only find one cyclist that doesn't disobey traffic controls sometime to disprove your assertion.
It is trivial to find motorists who disobey those same rules.
In fact, I would be amazed at anyone who drives daily that hasn't disobeyed some rule at least once a week.
By the way, I don't "share the road". I use the entire lane in places when it is legal and prudent to do so.
>>
>>1001890
>>1001894
Stop blowing red lights like a dipshit. I would love to see one of you assholes just eat the bumper and windshield of a car.
>>
>>1001897
Too bad I only run reds when either no cars are in sight or every direction has reds.
>>
>>1001865
The sooner a cyclist is at-speed, the less of a harard he or she is on the road. A cyclist at 20 mph poses far less of a danger to all motorists than one going 10 mph over the same stretch, and therein makes themselves less prone to a crash with a motorist
>>
Why don't motorists understand right of way laws? Why are they always exceeding the speed limit? Why are they always parked in the bike lane, and then they get mad when I have to enter the "cage lane" (no such thing) in order to go around them?

Want to not have your side mirrors punched off? Hold up your side of the bargain.
>>
>>1001889
lmao

what you gonna do bitch boy, call the police? good luck finding me

and if you do anything wrong i'm taking your licence plate and you're getting fined
>>
File: 1460946530882.jpg (148KB, 620x620px) Image search: [Google]
1460946530882.jpg
148KB, 620x620px
>Why

Because I want to and there are no consequences.

Suck it, queer.
>>
>>1001865
>bitch about actual respectable people who can afford to drive a car

trolololol. My bike retails over 1800 dollars, let's see the average cager have that much free cash laying around. I could afford to buy a car in cash right this moment. I don't want a cage.

Go back to /o/?

>>1001897

No one on /n/ fucking does that, retard. And if they did they wouldn't be posting on /n/ very long.
>>
>its another law breaking driver complains about cyclists breaking the same laws thread
>>
File: fuck you.jpg (68KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
fuck you.jpg
68KB, 600x800px
>>
So you just typed a 3 column crybaby message and your only question is
>why don't people follow the rules?

This is a classical example of shitposting. Delete this thread so that it won't be ob the front page for 6months like threads like this usually are.
>>
File: 1325444437068.jpg (28KB, 325x222px) Image search: [Google]
1325444437068.jpg
28KB, 325x222px
>>1001897
>wants to see people get seriously injured for real
>>
If everyone rode bikes we wouldn't need traffic lights, so fuck off you cager faggot, I'm carefully skipping them everyday.
>>
>>1001865
yeah I'd better obey all the road rules so that when a mini van full of mexicans floors it to cut me off trying to get into a right turn lane that opened up, at least I have the moral high ground
>>
Cyclists are the niggers of the road.
>>
>>1001946
bad shit man :(
>>
>>1001865
I mostly do. Most of the time I don't obey traffic laws it's to be less of a nuisance to drivers, like riding on the pavement on certain sections if I can't keep up a decent speed. If I go through a red it's only if I'm turning in to the near lane and I'm extra careful to make sure nothings coming. Doing so gets me out of your way quicker and you're less likely to hit me as the light turns green or I wobble a bit or whatever.
>>
>>1001973
Cagers are the niggers, and first world countries are Sub Saharan Africa.
>>
>>1001889
Do you know why the rules exist? Because cars fucking kill people when they don't follow the rules. They're not there just to give structure to people's lives.

Also, car owners can kindly stop being sanctimonious about the rules of the road until they're prepared to actually follow the speed limits.
>>
Eh cyclist cause less damage and can't get away as easily if they do. The cops don't enforce the laws just like they do with motorists who break the law in greater numbers and with greater consequence.

Also, sometimes I just don't wanna sit at a light so some asshole can run into me from behind because they weren't planning to come to a full stop anyway and didn't expect me to be there. (Or I don't wanna be called FAGGOT eight times while I wait for the light to change. )
>>
>>1001865
>tired, worn-out, low-quality BAIT
>>>/trash/
>>
>>1001865

Why do motorists disobey traffic laws all the time?

Figure that one out and you've probably got the answer to both questions.
>>
>>1002009
The rules fucking exist and are applicable to all road vehicles. Don't bitch and moan about "cagers" when you deserved to get run over because you're blowing red lights/stop signs and never signal your turns. You have no right to complain.
>>
>>1001928
This. No one cares IRL. I won't willingly obstruct traffic or endanger anyone.

>>1002009
THIS
The road I live on is 35 mph and everyone uses it as a fucking drag strip. I saw a guy on a motorcycle earlier today going at least 75 with his wife on the back. Wow, he must be getting great head with that kind of reckless speed!
>>
>>1001897
Do you know what a rolling stop is?
>>
>>1002102
Every motorist knows what a rolling stop is, because every motorist does it.
>>
>>1002070
Most car-on-cyclist accidents are not caused by the cyclist doing anything wrong. They're caused by the car running a red light, doing an unsignaled turn into the cyclist, striking the cyclist with their door, passing too closely, or just straight up not paying attention and clobbering the cyclist. Compounding all of this behavior is the fact that almost all cars exceed posted speed limits. Bitching about a few idiot cyclists is a complete red herring.
>>
The rules were designed to keep cagers safe from each other. They were not designed with any thought to cyclists. As another poster said, if everyone biked there wouldn't be traffic lights.

The best part of breaking these stupid laws is to piss cagers off. I laugh every time. If you're just jealous, get a bike.
>>
>tfw no qtp2t casual cyclist asian waifu
>>
>>1001865
who is this semen demon?
>>
>>1001865
I literally gave a statement to two police officers, just twenty minutes ago.
>two 17 maybe 18 year old mad bmx stunters were approaching a round about
>on a side walk
>on the side walk that flows opposite of traffic
>approaching a round about
>they blast through the cross walk
>chubby red head gets absolutely fucking blasted by a black four door sedan
>he's all fucked up and chubby, has red hair too
>driver gets out
>confrontation ensues
>I get out
>tell the chubby red head to gtfo, he's in the wrong
>his homeboi is assaulting the driver who is trying to help
>turns into a total cluster fuck
>the driver gets in his car and high tails it out of there, no fucks given
>I tell the red head incase he didn't hear me the first time that he's a fucking idiot and in the wrong
>get in my car and leave
>come back 20 minutes later, cops everywhere
>give a statement
>well what do you know?
>fatty Mcredhead crossed illegally
>begged the cop to cite them for no helmets and illegally crossing the road
>they weren't having any of it
>let the fucking cunts off scott free
>my fucks were no longer given after that moment
>came home to shit post on 4chinz
>>
>>1002107
I don't, actually. If I don't feel that 'push back' feeling, I didn't fucking stop.
Can't tell you the number of times someone comes up to the same intersection and is completing their fucking TURN before I complete my fucking STOP.

>>1002070
When you're actively trying to harm me, I have to do what I have to do to stay safe.
When it isn't coming at the expense of someone elses' safety, and it involves breaking the law, I'm doing it.

Laws are written with cars in mind and retroactively fitted to apply to me when I'm on my bicycle.
The cops have it within their ability to stop me, but they do not because they haven't deemed it a threat. (Or a money maker....)

It calls comes down to fairness =/= exactly the same
You have harsher consequences when you can do greater damage and get away with it. Cry harder.
If I seriously fuck up and cause some damage, you can find me crumpled under something, dead.
That's why.

>>1002173
https://twitter.com/bpaseos_gratis

Right-click+S, are you retarded?
>>
>>1002209
Sup, bud.
If you're driving behind someone and they slam on their brakes like a fucking retard, and you drive into their asshole, guess who is at fault.....it's you who ran into their asshole because you're expected to be in control of your vehicle at all times.
If the driver left the scene, he is absolutely wrong. You can be less wrong that someone else, but if you hit someone, you weren't paying attention and you are wrong.
Unless they literally popped out and jumped right in front of you, you're also in the wrong.

Now, could the cops have a talking to those kids? Sure, maybe get those citation in to scare 'em, but if you wanted that as some kind of justice or revenge? You're a piece of shit.

I'd be much more willing to take your side if there wasn't a culture war against cyclists. (That also involves the police) However, at least here in the US, a cyclist could be doing everything right, get nailed, and 'HE CAME OUTTA NOWARE!' flies as an excuse.
You're one case isn't going to turn the tide.

You know there are retarded people on bikes out there, it's a reality of the road. There's a stretch in town I have to be on delivering all the time, and I know they walk like they own the world there, pop outta cars, walk against lights, everything. Instead of getting pissy and leaving the scene like a child when I hit one, I acknowledge the fact that they're out there, right or wrong, and I drive accordingly.
It's like seeing a basketball net on a street and knowing to be extra attentive there. It's being an adult.
I look for salmon cyclists all day.
>>
>>1002214
Sup, bud.

Hey bud, I frankly don't care about who's waging a war on who; cager vs. cyclist death match. I gave a description of the driver as best I could to the police officers. Obviously what the driver did by leaving still constitutes a hit and run. My point is that these faggots broke the law and the leading officer came to me personally and told me what the statue was because I questioned it and he was not sure. The driver was completely in the right up until he drove off, but that still doesn't make what the "cyclists" less valid- the whole reason everyone was there tonight was because some derp bmx'er blazed through an intersection ILLEGALLY. We all learned something new tonight. You didn't see it happen, so what the fuck do you know? Nothing. What is all that other shit you're rambling about being a great driver? I don't care.

I never said anything about revenge; that's you being an angsty faggot who is jumping to conclusions regarding MY train of thought. It's fucking principle, bud. Principle on the account that the two "cyclists" broke the law and the one who got blasted had the potential to be seriously injured, so yes, cite the fuck out of them and teach them a lesson. Provided the driver was at fault (protip: he wasn't) he would have been cited on the spot, and the parents of these stoner kids would be lining up with their lawyers to milk the guys car insurance...or course, I'm only jumping to conclusions and speculation.

In summary, bud, go fuck yourself- laws are laws.
>>
>>1002214
A couple of dickhead kids also don't really represent cycling culture at large.
>>
>>1002222
If he was being assaulted like you say then the driver isn't actually in the wrong driving off. You're only expected to do so if it's safe and your statement would vindicate his actions.
>>
>>1002303
Only expected to remain at the scene, that is.
>>
>>1002222
Wonderful, but f you're talking about helmet citations and shit, you just want revenge. Anyway, nah, if I'm driving around and I see someone on a BMX bike or a DUI special, it's up to me to watch them until I'm passed because those kinds of bikes are known to do squirlly shit.
And, yes, the war matters because cops let shit slide constantly, and I see white ghost bikes cropping up all over because some fatass couldn't pay attention to the world around them.

>>1002303
Hit and run.
Not like he felt threatened and went to a safe space. He left.
>>
The rules were made for cagers and they only benefit cagers.

If a cyclists disobeys them it doesn't matter in 99% of cases, that's why we do it. A cyclist doesn't pose a risk to a cager when he runs a red, when a cager does it he risks peoples life. Huge difference.

That being said, I personally do it on purpose, it's called civil disobedience. I don't accept your stupid rules so I refuse to respect them.

Here's a shocker for you OP; Rules are just that, rules, Somebody invented them, they're not the fucking law of the universe. Running a red is my personal way of telling everyone in a car that they're fucking stupid.
>>
>>1001865
Because they were made for cars. If we follow the rules for cars on a cycle, it creates a dangerous situation for everyone involved. The reverse is true for cars in cycle lanes. The fact of the matter is cyclists usually don't have a place ore and to safely traverse but are allowed and encouraged by the authorities to use the roads. To keep things safe we have to often break rules for cars. Read up on Idaho cycling laws and you find a place that gets it. There will always be ass holes on cycles and in cages. This is life.
>>
>>1002714
God damn i am happy to live in Denmark. We got separate paved lanes for bikes inside and outside of cities.
>>
>>1001865
Bikefags are the biggest hypocrites on the road.
>>
>>1002714
This pretty much.

>>1003178
Here in my city, downtown and in major streets there are some nice lanes for bikes, but in other towns the sidewalks are all fucked up and the roads are too tight and often has parked cars on it, so you basically have to take the chance of not getting hit.
>>
>>1003303
I know you don't understand what you're talking about.
>>
>>1001899
You know which kind of cyclist is the less dangerous? The one that takes his shit bike to the park and back home, and leaves the road for actual vehicles.

We need more threads like these. Fucking punk snails.
>>
>>1002714
Poor guys having to break the law for the good.

These guys are martyrs.

Luckily enough its you and the bike who will end under a car.
>>
>>1001897
If it makes you feel any better, I know a cyclist that got injured by getting hit when the driver was opening the door. That was good stuff.
>>
>post obvious bait in car forum to fuck cyclists thread
>get hundreds of responses claiming I should kill myself, threats of killing me if they see me on the road and general cager rage
>tfw
Why are cagers so mad? Does it have something to do with being stuck inside a cage?
>>
>>1003813
>he can't safely overtake a snail
Joke's on you, really.
>>
>>1003338
Except he's right. Cyclefags like to bitch and moan and roll on the floor crying about "S-S-SHAAAARRRRE DURRRR RURRRRD" and then don't want to follow the rules of said road. They want "cagers" to obey the rules while simultaneously disobeying them in spite.

>>1002668
>A cyclist doesn't pose a risk to a cager when he runs a red

Yeah totally, hitting some deserving faggot on a bike that ran a red light while going 30 miles an hour in a car doesn't pose a risk for the driver of said car...

Are you literally retarded?

>>1002714
>If we follow the rules for cars on a cycle >it creates a dangerous situation for everyone involved

No. Stopping at a red light at an intersection or stop sign or following the speed limit literally does not create a dangerous situation. The opposite is true.

>The reverse is true for cars in cycle lanes.

What the fuck? Where do you make thia complete leap of faith in logic? You make no sense. Cars aren't suppose to be in bike lanes and bikes can be on roads. Totally erroneous.

Bikefags are actually just retarded "adults".
>>
>>1003959
Hello assmad cager.

>Except he's right. Cyclefags like to bitch and moan and roll on the floor crying about "S-S-SHAAAARRRRE DURRRR RURRRRD" and then don't want to follow the rules of said road. They want "cagers" to obey the rules while simultaneously disobeying them in spite.

We'd much rather our own routes entirely where we don't have to deal with cagers like you. But most gov'ts (especially in the US) are cheap bastards who really don't give a fuck about cyclists unless we go way out of our way to get anything done. We have to share the road in most cases, much to the chagrin of EVERYONE involved. Cars don't like having to go around cyclists, and cyclists don't like dealing with cars blowing by them 6" away while going 40MPH+. It's ugly for everyone involved. Also, don't ignore the cager's equivalent: "FUCKING SLOW ASS STUCK UP CYCLIST FUCK YOU THIS IS MY ROAD". It's a political compromise that nobody likes, but we all have to deal with.

>Yeah totally, hitting some deserving faggot on a bike that ran a red light while going 30 miles an hour in a car doesn't pose a risk for the driver of said car...

I too enjoy taking the worst case scenario and portraying it as the only valid outcome of a situation. It's lots of fun, and we are here to have fun aren't we? :^)

>Are you literally retarded?

No, he isn't. But I can tell you like to play in traffic, cager.

(1/2)
>>
>No. Stopping at a red light at an intersection or stop sign or following the speed limit literally does not create a dangerous situation. The opposite is true.

Having cars behind me that (usually) aren't paying attention or don't like the fact that cyclists exist is not something that is a safe situation to deal with. Better to blow the light (as long as it's safe to do so) than have them pass close and potentially run your ass over when they hit the gas.

>What the fuck? Where do you make thia complete leap of faith in logic? You make no sense. Cars aren't suppose to be in bike lanes and bikes can be on roads. Totally erroneous.

Anyone with a brain will know goddamn well what I'm getting at, but I'll spell it out for you anyway. Bikes following rules for cars doesn't make sense, as does cars following rules for bikes. You can't treat two completely different things the same.

(2/2)

>inb4 autistic long reply

When someone spouts as much shit as you it takes a bit to clean it up.
>>
>>1002214
This statement is not true somebody slammed on the breaks infront of me and they were issued a ticket and declared at fault. Only because they missed there turn.

Multiple people stopped and gave witness and the only person given the ticket was the person who slammed there brakes. It also helped I had a dash cam but you get the idea.

Stop lying on the internet.
>>
>>1003977
>>1003978
Look at how triggered this faggot is.

The fact remains you don't have your own routes and you have to share the road, following the rules of said road is a common courtesy that doesn't cease to exist because you're a special snowflake on a bike.

>>1003977
>I too enjoy taking the worst case scenario and portraying it as the only valid outcome of a situation. It's lots of fun, and we are here to have fun aren't we? :^)

You realize you're the dumb shit that said a "cyclist doesn't pose a threat when he runs a red"... As in he absolutely in any scenario does not pose a threat... Clearly that's false and drawing an extreme ultimate conclusion as the only valid outcome.

Proof ladies, that bikers are missing a chromosome.
>>
>>1001865
coming to a complete stop on a bike is the equivalent of turning your car off at very stop.

plus, we just want to get off the road and decrease our chances of getting hit as soon as possible
>>
>>1002418
>Hit and run.

>the driver gets in his car and high tails it out of there
>>
File: (you).jpg (59KB, 1161x411px) Image search: [Google]
(you).jpg
59KB, 1161x411px
>>1004063

:^)
>>
File: dhsjklafg.jpg (32KB, 600x461px) Image search: [Google]
dhsjklafg.jpg
32KB, 600x461px
>Cyclists constantly fucking complaining about cycling laws dictating that they must use the road like a car
>No bicycle lanes 9 times out of 10, unless you're in yuppie-ville or the suburbs, so you have to try and share the same lanes as cars
>Often have to dangerously squeeze beside traffic at the edge of the road, because cars just move way fucking faster than bicycles at peak human speed, and can accelerate to the speed limit in seconds
>If using a lane like a car, have to endure constant honking from angry traffic building up behind you, then them passing you just a little too closely, and heavy on the accelerator
>In constant tension/fear because a car grazing you as it passes can result in death while you grazing a car can result in a scratched door at worst

>Motorists constantly fucking complaining about cycling laws dictating that they must share the roads with cyclists
>No bicycle lanes 9 times out of 10, unless you're in yuppie-ville or the suburbs, so you have to try and squeeze right up next to the cars in the next lane just to make sure you don't crush the faggot going 20-30kph on a bicycle in your lane
>Often have to narrowly squeeze around cyclists at the edge of the road, because bicycles at peak human speed just move way fucking slower than any car and take forever to accelerate anywhere near the speed limit
>When they use your lane like a car, have to slow right the fuck down to half the speed limit to match their speed while you and everyone behind you is getting progressively pissed off at the delay, and the only way around is to squeeze past just a little too closely, and you try to do it quickly before their constantly fluctuating speed causes you to merge back into them
>In constant tension/fear because merely grazing a wobbly/wavering cyclist as you pass can result in their death (and your murder charges)

cont...
>>
>>1004063
is that the chromosome containing DNA which enable your brain to be ready to murder for slight convenience?
>>
File: at_first_but_then.gif (2MB, 225x156px) Image search: [Google]
at_first_but_then.gif
2MB, 225x156px
>>1004093
>cont...

>while they can zoom past you with less than an inch clearance on each side, scratch/dent your doors, almost get themselves killed since they rarely wear safety gear, and then take off down a back lane before you can even get their info, since they don't even have license plates on their bikes

Cyclists hate the road cycling laws because they're dangerous and inconvenient.

Motorists hate the road cycling laws because they're dangerous and inconvenient.

More cyclists have been injured and killed, and more drivers have been in incriminating accidents and suffered property damage, than ever before thanks to modern cycling laws.

Why the fuck can't we just go back to the way things were, when cyclists just used the sidewalks and crosswalks instead of roads and intersections? Like, how did this even happen? It would just be so much fucking easier for everyone if the gov't reverted the laws, but instead they just keep promising more bike lanes and paths while struggling so much with infrastructure and financial allocation that they never actually make good on those promises for decades.

Holy shit. If it weren't for the vocal minority of crotchety old upper-class people complaining to town hall about "those hooligans speeding by on the sidewalk and riding on my grass", we wouldn't be in this fucking mess.
>>
File: abc.png (1MB, 1265x479px) Image search: [Google]
abc.png
1MB, 1265x479px
>>1004095
ok laddie, be my guest and ride 30 km/h on this sidewalk
>>
>>1004097
Yes, I absolutely fucking would.

And if it gets too narrow, or "bumpy" (lol just lift your ass off the seat for a second), or if there's pedestrians building up?

Guess what? It's a fucking bicycle. You can just hop off and walk it through the risky part then hop back on and pedal away without any real delay or slowdown.
>>
>>1004100
What about people opening doors and leaving buildings, the main hazard of riding on the sidewalk? Just bunny hop over them I guess.
>>
>>1004105
>Doors of buildings designed to open so that the edge of the door touches the street
Holy shit, you have bigger problems in your town than cycling as fast as you can on the sidewalk. If someone exits a building they can only walk to one side of it or they have to walk in the street to get around the open door! Hell, what about regular pedestrians? If you cant ride a bike around an opening door and those things just randomly swing open in your face, imagine all the people just walking around who get doors slammed into them!
>>
>>1004093
>the only way around is to squeeze past just a little too closely
I don't even ride a bike on the road much, mainly just trails, but from driving I've noticed that 9 times out of 10 you don't need to pass cyclists in the city/town. On open, high speed road then sure but it's also then generally much easier to do. The amount of times I've passed cyclists or watched people pass them only to see the cyclist catch up and overtake at the next set of lights or traffic is beyond count. Driving fast, even just at the limit, often just gets you to waiting in traffic faster.
>>
>>1004108
I was referring mainly to car doors. Also oblivious pedestrians exiting shops, suddenly stopping for a chat with their friends or walking in go your path in an attempt to avoid you. Sure you can get round a lot of that by riding extremely slowly or getting off but that kind of defeats the purpose of riding at all, doesn't it?
>>
>>1004100
>just hop on and off every 10m dude, like, are you lazy
>what, too bumpy? just b urself and grind those wheels into the bumps, like, don't you want to ride the rollercoaster?

|||c
>>
>>1004094
Speak english next time
>>
>>1004126
>I can't into reading comprehension: the post
>>
>>1004144
It's not my job to decipher you're broken english, if you want to say something then say it using good language otherwise, bo back to esl classes until you can communicate properly
>>
>>1004148
I am not broken english, cuck.
>>
>>1004157
What is subtlety and word play. Looks like you need advanced esl classes now that you have the basics.
>>
>>1004158
>projecting this hard
>this isn't damage control at all

What is it like being you? Do you have to make a conscious effort to not play in traffic? Do you have to focus to breathe? Tell me please, I must know.
>>
>>1003984
Friend, have you considered the possibility that you do not live in the same state as I do?

>>1004063
See >>1004069
>plus, we just want to get off the road and decrease our chances of getting hit as soon as possible
There are 'illegal' things I must do if I am to remain safe. What would be amazing, is if motorists realized the gravity of what they're doing an accept that because they are the element that turns an injury into a death, that they must carry more responsibility.

When I'm driving and I come to a one way street, I look BOTH ways, because even though I'd be in the right looking up the street only for cars, anything could be coming the other way.
Seems like people who exclusivly drive can't even be bothered to use turn signals, stop EVER, remain stopped at a light, or look for anything but a car.
It can be done, your lot just won't grow up, so I have to break the law every now and again.

I hear cagers bitch quite a bit about NOT FAIR! without realizing 1) Cars break traffic rules at the same rate, if not higher, and with possibly more dangerous outcomes, and 2) You're all about bikes following the exact same rules, but sitting at a light like that is asking to be hit at worst, fucked with at best.

>>1004072
Hit someone and left; hit and run. Speak English?

>>1004109
This.
>wah! you made me pass unsafely!
No, you're the adult, you're the driver, you chose whether to pass or not.
Even if he was going way under the speed limit and being a complete retarded ass, you can turn off at the next block.

Call the cops, see if they'll grab him, but you create your own danger.
If I see a drunk driver, I don't drive around him as normal then whine about 'safety' when he takes me out.
>>
>>1004126
Ti se raj pejt fukat v rit enojezičnež. :^)
>>
>>1001865
>and bitch about actual respectable people who can afford to drive a car because they work hard and don't ride a bike everywhere like a loser
There's nothing respectable about a fatass getting fat in a cage on wheels that causes more deaths pet year than some wars in history. Also, wasting petroleum while shitting up the air and atmosphere. As well as creating noise pollution and gridlock traffic in what would be quiet and peaceful cities. Fuck off.
>>
>>1001865
>gets mad when a transportation vehicle can travel on sidewalks and road
The luxury of those who pedal instead of stepping on a pedal. Exercise a bit and maybe you'll see the light.
>>
Bikes are for children, so it's no wonder that the people who ride them as adults are still retarded like them.
>>
cute girl, everyone should obey the traffic laws, regardless
>>
>>1004525
you first, cager :^)
>>
>>1004532
What's the point of even saying that. You're not even being clever, plus he could be a cyclist.
>>
>>1004539
you sure showed me
>>
>>1004584
Enough for you to respond :^)
>>
File: cagers.jpg (103KB, 1232x289px) Image search: [Google]
cagers.jpg
103KB, 1232x289px
>>
File: cagers2.png (40KB, 903x412px) Image search: [Google]
cagers2.png
40KB, 903x412px
>>
It sure is a good thing that I can afford and car with the great amounts of money I make. And not only is it a car, it is a good expensive car that you wheel fags could never afford.

Fucking hippy trash
>>
>>1004637
Chances are, my road bike is more expensive than your used JDM shitbox by a couple thousand.
>>
>>1004637
>he has to waste money and time on parking
>he has to waste money on insurance
>he has to waste money on gas
>he has to waste money on maintenance
>he has to waste money on speeding fines
>he thinks he's better for being a consumerist whore that wastes his money
>all of this while getting fatter and madder
Cager thinking is amusing. The hippy line was the cherry on top. What's next? Driving a cage is exercising muh freedom all while being relegated to roads and traffic laws?
>>
>>1001865
Same reason drivers do.
>>
>>1004982
Hardly.
The ONLY time comparable is when you have to speed along with everyone else or you'll fucking die. (Hello, all you PA drivers doing fucking 80 in a 30)
If I follow the law to a t when I'm riding my bike, some assmad cager will come after me at worst, plow into me as they look at their phone at best.
>>
>>1002714
total bullshit. The more consistent everyone is at following the same set of rules, the more all of us can predict eachother and work with eachother.

As soon as once person decides to do their own thing (car, bike, motorcycle, or fat fuck in a scooter), then we all lose.
>>
>>1005015
>total bullshit.
Ugh, no. Not total bullshit.
Laws for cyclists are laws for cars, retrofitted to bikes. Now, as they stand in a vacuum, I don't have much of a problem with them, however, and I know it's something new for you, but I bike in the real world, and I've found the current set up sorely lacking.

>The more consistent everyone is at following the same set of rules, the more all of us can predict eachother and work with eachother.
Agreed, but until motorists start doing this, and all the way in 2016, the only consistency I've found is that they're consistently unpredictable.
I never expect a car near me to follow the law, whether I'm driving or biking, and more often than not, I'm correct. I call traffic infractions all day for fun while I'm working.

>As soon as once person decides to do their own thing (car, bike, motorcycle, or fat fuck in a scooter), then we all lose.
Problem is that there aren't an even spread of bikes around. They're all kind of in bunches. (At least those practice vehicular cycling, like you'll find in cities.) You're asking me to be consistent and law-abiding, but there's only one of me at any given time, really. One cyclist does not change the world, one cyclist gets harassed or worse.

I really don't think you have an idea just how hostile US citizens can be toward those on bikes.
>>
File: 1295839103650.jpg (3KB, 100x116px) Image search: [Google]
1295839103650.jpg
3KB, 100x116px
>>1001865
Kys, nigger
>>
>>1005015
This 100%

If everyone followed the rules, then everyone would get along or be atleast accomdating of all other vehicles on the road including faghot bicycles.

When I drive, as well as generally in my town, people are respectful of cyclists and I often try to very deliberately drive extra careful with appropriate spacing when I see a cyclist. I don't live in some disgusting shithole most of you people live in.

When I ride my gay as fuck bike, people nearly always give me the right of way and are wary and I try to ride as to not impede on cars as well. It's the cyclists who ride like the rode belongs to them blowing reds, stop signs and blowing through intersections/going above the speed limit who are the assholes... just like it's the car drivers who do the same that are pieces of utter shit equally.
>>
I stop at red lights but I will roll stop signs if its a low traffic area.
>>
You understand that (in the United States) 90% of the roads that you are privileged enough to drive upon were first funded or had legislation filed to create was created for bicycle clubs. Bicycles came first, learn your place.
>>
>>1005024
Wonderful! However, I think there are two problems here.
One, I'm inclined to believe that areas like you live in are rare comparatively. And two, I think a big part of this problem is a full-time motorist's inability to accurately judge how respectful they're being to cyclists. I honestly believe that there are motorists out there who get offended, or think cyclists are being too sensitive, hell maybe even they think they're one of the good ones, and they're just pulling shit left and right without realizing the implications for a cyclist. (Like ignoring doozones, holes, vertical cracks in the road, failing to indicate; I see this every day, and I doubt all these motorists are retarded cagers, just clueless motorists.)
I'm sure you know, you bike, but I dunno, mang.

Common scenario:
>four way stop
>car has right of way
>doesn't wanna go
>I'm either 'unprepared' to go, or how it is now, refuse to go
>motorist, after waiting .0003 seconds for you to go, either gets offended or simply tired of waiting
>before I started refusing to go, this was usually about the time I would say fuck it and finally go
>we meet in the middle
Now, this is all of the least dangerous 'nice' thing a motorist could do, but it's a case of them thinking they're being good about it when they're really not.
>>
>>1001865
Because you touch yourself at night.
>>
>>1004095
What? Bicycles predate cars. The roads were made for pedestrians and horses and bikes. Cars came last. You fucking moron.
>>
>>1005948
Cars predate the majority of roads. Majority of roads were made for cars, and even the oldest ones have been retrofitted with cars in mind.
>>
>>1005948
Don't even respond to him. You would either have to be hilariously uninformed or trolling to be posting on this board while genuinely believing that bicycles belong on sidewalks
>>
Advantage of car
>Long distance travel, can usually travel double the speed limit.
Advantage of bike
>Can basically disobey all traffic laws without motorists caring unless you occupy the same space as them.
>>
Just a reminder, if you're a cyclist, you're a faggot and the equivalence of a fedora wearer in transportation.
>>
>>1007547
Can't argue with that logic
>>
>>1005040
People not understanding what the door zone is and getting pissed with me for avoiding it is one of my most recurrent problems with motorists.
>>
>>1007547
>fedora wearer in transportation
>healthier, stronger and fitter than your average car user
>>
>>1004191
>you can turn off at the next block.
Wait, I don't get it. Why am I turning off at the next block?
>>
File: 1474045597954.jpg (38KB, 320x420px) Image search: [Google]
1474045597954.jpg
38KB, 320x420px
Because I don't give a shit about your feefees.

I will use the road, the bicycle paths and pedestrian sidewalks as I please because my bike offers me the flexibility to do so and the only things you faggot can do about it is hit me which will end you in a prison getting your bumhole poked by some hung negro or shut the fuck up and accept your life as a salty, smelly cager you are.
>>
>>1007999
Not saying I disagree with your sentiment but you're hopelessly optimistic that a cager would actually be punished for grievously wounding or killing someone.
>>
>>1001872
/thread
>>
>>1001897
>t. triggered cagie
>>
>>1001865
I got a giant ford expedition 4-wheel drive and still prefer to ride my bike.
Bikes give you a more exhilarating than a car does.
Also the only reason I don't ride my bike exclusively is because cars on the road will try to run you over on purpose just because you ride a bike.
With my truck it doesn't happen.
If cars were eliminated I'd bike nonstop.
>>
>>1008261
Another thing is I stopped at a stop sign because it's the law to do so and a car stopped first.
I attempted to let them pass me even waving my arms saying go ahead and they just sat there for 2 minutes eventually I just started biking and they almost hit me.

It's not my fault cars are for retards.
>>
>>1001865
because we don't need a licence, therefor we don't have accountability

it's really no different to saying retarded shit anonymously on the internet
>>
>>1008261
>If cars were eliminated I'd bike nonstop.
no kidding
>>
>>1007990
If you're behind someone and they're really going SO slowly, you can turn off the next block and go an alternative route rather than endangering someone else
>>
>don't drive a car because public transit > everything
>still hate bikefags because they don't respect any rules and generally make city life more shitty than it is
>every bikefag ever: "HURR DURR STOP DRIVING A CAR YOU FATASS I BET YOU DON'T FOLLOW THE RULES EITHER"
you people are all pathetic manchildren. driving a bike in a city is just as antisocial as driving a car
>>
also
>someone shits on people evading transit fares
>random guy using transit: "yeah you're right, those people suck"
>someone shits on asshole bikefag
>random bikefag "NUH UH NOBODY DOES THAT WE'RE ALL PERFECT AND SUPERCOOL AND YOU DON'T KNOW SHIT YOU FAT FUCK LALALA I CAN'T HEAR YOU OVER MY SPANDEX SQUISHING MY TINY DICK"
>>
>>1008278
>cyclist logic: My convenience is more important than literally everyone else's.
If you can't go the speed of traffic, then stop decreasing road safety and efficiency, and just walk your bike.
>>
>>1001865
it's legal for me to run red lights after checking to see that there is no oncoming traffic. don't know what you are trying to bait, op
>>
>>1010883
>cager logic: My convenience is more important than literally everyone elses
you're the same shit as bikefags.
>>
File: fupepe.jpg (26KB, 495x495px) Image search: [Google]
fupepe.jpg
26KB, 495x495px
>>1001865
stay mad carcuck

Seriously tho, I only run red lights when I work and time is in the balance, and I never ever take a risk that isn't calculated or put myself in a situation where I could hurt someone. I honestly dislike people who ride while looking at their phone, turn without signalling or checking behind them and all that retarded shit.
>>
>>1001897
>Actually wishing for people to get hurt
I can ascertain with only one comment from you that you are a terrible human being. Funny eh.
>>
>>1011195
From your comment a person can be syre you're a faggot.
>>
>>1011332
>No U
Quality comeback cager
>>
>>1011195
I'm a cyclist and agree with that poster. Anyone who does dumb shit deserves to be taught a lesson, and some people will only learn the hard way.
>>
>>1001865

Bloody cagers. "They don't obey laws!" says a fucking slave who talks on the phone, texts while driving, drives drunk, parks wherever and ignores turn signals. Fuck off, sincerely, stay obese and empoverished.
>>
You shills just don't get it do you? Are you blind? Did you even see what just happened?

Did you catch it? It was happening right before your eyes the entire night. Did you even get the point? No..? Let me clarify.

This entire debate was nothing more than a beta test for Trump. An analysis of Clinton. What makes her tick.. What are her weak spots.. He was simply watching her. Probing her.. Studying and diagnosing her every move and tactic. And she fell right into his trap like the pawn she is.

This is not an average man you're dealing with here. Make no mistake, this is a genius beyond your wildest nightmares. He was toying with her like a cat with a mouse, while she was fighting for her life. She has nothing left.

Now that he has a full mental blueprint of his enemy there is nothing that can stop him. Expect something out of this world in the next 2 debates. Something unprecedented in all of modern politics.

Mark my words, the lion has been let out of the cage, and he's hungry tonight. So go now, retreat to your twitter and your reddit accounts. Rejoice with your friends for this short lived victory. Pray to your false gods while you still have the faith.

NOTHING is going to prepare you for the storm which is about to come. You WILL be brought to heel before winter ends.
>>
>>1011378
Nice comeback faglord.
>>
>>1011414
wrong board
>>
>>1001865
I disagree with the retarded hurrdurr cyclists are loosers and poor part. But agree that many of them are careless idiots who have no idea about traffic laws. Personally I couldn't even cont the amount of times I've seen some dumb biker nearly get hit by an enexpected car because they couldn't wait 5-10 more seconds for the light to turn green, and other retarded shit like that.
>>
File: 1473131963075.png (216KB, 432x413px) Image search: [Google]
1473131963075.png
216KB, 432x413px
>>1010883
>MFW half the time I'm actually going FASTER than the traffic because they're all stuck in a jam.
>>
>>1011195
You found a terrible human being on 4chan, congratulations!
What's next, you'll discover what a rekt/gore thread is?
>>
>>1011532
And in that case, you are no different than a motorcycle (in cali). You are just another vehicle on the road.
You are not a/the problem.

>>1011042
Do you also support jaywalking?
>>
All I got to say is fuck that. I can break rules that are silly for me to abide by and until legislation comes in that allows me to do the things that make sense for me to do I will continue to do what I do.
>>
>>1002130

>tfw nobody else posting qt cyclist asian waifu
Thread posts: 141
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.