[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Expecting maybe a couple folks to be able to weigh in on an already

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (42KB, 620x400px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
42KB, 620x400px
Expecting maybe a couple folks to be able to weigh in on an already specific subject. Maybe you know something I don't or I overlooked.

Time trials, I never expected to care about them but I do now. I'm looking for them marginal gains specifically aero advantages shoe covers, gloves vs no gloves, skinsuits ect.
I've got a lazer wasp, 808 and disc, I've only used podiumwear skinsuits. So I'm looking into Voler, Castelli and NoPins for more aero options. I was thinking of having lycra mittens made possibly, it is illegal but if the judges don't say anything whatever. Also looking into balancing my front wheel with weights.
My off season will be dedicated to training for 2 specific TTs with my coach.
>>
Is this your blog now?
>>
>>1000870
Maybe you should train harder instead of being a cheating faggot. If you're going to cheat just use steriods.
>>
>>1000870
I don't think you've ever done a TT or train for any race discipline based on what you're saying, because if you did then you'd know that at your (young, low) level, training is more important than anything else, and that all this minutiae of which you speak only matters to riders at the highest levels and the top of their game. If you're actually thinking of doing any sort of racing I suggest you concentrate on your training and forget about the rest of that stuff for now. Your coach (assuming you really have one) will agree with me.

Also, OP, there is a bike training and racing thread that you should be posting in, assuming you're for real: >>996025

>>1000885
Regardless of what I just told the OP, legal choices of equipment by definition isn't 'cheating', and steroids only really help someone who is at the top levels of their fitness, and they really don't help endurance athletes much at all to start with. Obviously you're even less of a road racer than the OP is, and in fact I'd wager you don't even race your buddies for fun. Wouldn't at all be surprised if you're a trainfag and don't even own a bike to start with. Please go infest your train-foamer threads and leave the bike threads to people who enjoy discussing bikes, otherwise you're just being rude.
>>
>>1000973
>>1000885
I'm 2 seconds off of the state record for my specific event. So switching my focus to this. All the tiny things will add up. Since I'm so close and the record was set in 1996 I'd like to put a good dent in it.

Like I said I've got my training down. Now I'm looking for little gains on the bike so my record is further out of reach. I agree that my coach will agree with you but me looking to improve things that I don't have control over isn't going to make me train less or not as hard.

So let my thread die since no one will actually weigh in on this.
>>
>>1000973
>they really don't help endurance athletes much at all

skepticalbaseballman.bmp
>>
>>1000870
>I'm looking for them marginal gains specifically aero advantages

Learn2physics

Everything you are doing is an attempt to create a longer, smoother airfoil. There is a degree of bullshit poorly understood nonsense involved, because vortices. Also because bikefits - so your additional goal is to min-max your airfoil around the constraints of your body, bicycle, and event. Which is to say, you might - MIGHT, contingent on other factors - be able to squeeze a couple extra percent of performance out of a position you can only maintain for the exact duration of the time trial.

The simple truth is that nobody bothers. Find a way to cheat and not get caught, or to integrate your interests with those of the person who's duty it is to do the catching. That's what racing, politics, and life are all about.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.