[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /mu/ Do you like Poppy? https://youtu.be/lwnoSeiAFSY htt

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 2

File: serveimage (4).jpg (72KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
serveimage (4).jpg
72KB, 1000x1000px
Hey /mu/
Do you like Poppy?
https://youtu.be/lwnoSeiAFSY
https://youtu.be/SNPYSD4DzKA
https://youtu.be/Y4nHLHDtyVA

Because I found out today that I like Poppy.
>>
would this be considered post-post-modernism?
And songs alone are just okay which is kinda disappointing
>>
No. Babby's first pomo.
>>
xDD
>>
I'm waiting for her album

She's Poppy
>>
I'd drag my dick through a field of broken glass just to listen to her fart through one of those old World War 2 walkie-talkies.
>>
>>75190954
Hey I saw this before
>>
>>75190889
>parental advisory
She's not even old enough to listen to her own music.
>>
I want to fuck her
>>
ASMR was a mistake
>>
>>75191054
I'd call it post-ASMR
>>
>>75191068
Post this post that.
When are you poptimist tards gonna come up with something new to describe meaningless garbage
>>
>>75190931
>would this be considered post-post-modernism

Not quite, this is still regular post-modernism
>>
>>75190931
Current ones are a definite step-up from Bubblebath.

I am curious as to how far she can go with the concept musically. How depressingly commercial and cheerful can she truly go? I don't know, and I'm not that hopeful in this regard.
I am obsessed with the sugary side of her music though
>>
>>75190889
these awful Japanese Google translations are embarrassing, makes her look the same level as the shittiest free-to-download Bandcamp vaporwave stuff
>>
>>75191586
Senpai, what does it say wrong?
>>
Her Ambient album is pretty good, at least decent
>>
>>75191599
"ケシ" is the name of the flower in Japanese, but the female given name can only be written as "ポピー"
"低ライフ" is especially dumb, it's just the word "low" and a transliterated version of the English word "life" next to it
if you wanted to translate the actual word into Japanese you would use "ろくでなし", "クズ", "カス", or something like that. otherwise, it's easiest just to write "ローライフ" - transliterate the whole word, not just half of it
>>
>>75191720
Confirmed. Having ケシ there makes no sense. Also her songs are bad.
>>
>>75191599
literally everything
>>
I liked Money and Lowlife but most of her more recent works are just terrible.
Those lyrics...yuck.
>>
get this shitty attention whore off my board right now. don't you ever fucking post this shit on here again faggot.
>>
>>75190889
There's a large mural painting of Poppy close to where I live
>>
Interweb is actually a pretty good pop song
Lowlife however is almost notably middle-of-the-road to okay
>>
those talky meme vids were cute for 5 mins but the music is just blah
>>
>>75193500
>I forgot what my password is.
>Maybe it's "password123"
>I feel the tech-no-lo-gy-hee
>around me, arou-hound meee
jesus christ, what the fuck happened
>>
>>75193507
her videos are those types of things where you get obsessed with it for about two weeks and then suddenly lose all interest in a day once you realize it goes nowhere interesting.
>>
>>75193519
those lyrics caught me too but I have a fondness for the cheesy technology and machination lyricism since I'm a big consumer of 90s detroit techno
>>
>>75191720
>>75192676
i think ou are missing the point. im not a poppy fan and barely know a song from her but this seems in line with her shallow aesthetic. point being that it doesnt necessarily matter to the majority what the real meaning behind the words are. as i understand it poppy exists as a parody or deconstruction of the pop music formula and a reminder of how vapid and shallow it is.
>>
>>75193473
I know the one you're talking about, lushsux is a hack
>>
What's her name again?
>>
>>75194157
Boxxy
>>
did she vote based trump
>>
>>75193413
100%

The fans got too into the whole "internet ARG conspiracy" shit, and all the songs and videos are conforming to it first rather than being good songs.
>>
File: a0635164593_10.jpg (45KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
a0635164593_10.jpg
45KB, 720x720px
>>75194315
In other words, Mars Argo was a better project and her music was great throughout

marsargo.bandcamp.com
>>
>>75194365
Mars Argo was shit you fucking retard. Neck yourself, cunt.
>>
>>75194431
Faggot with zero tastes.

I'm sorry but your precious poppy is trash.
>>
>>75194482
Fuck you Ellen, you mong.
>>
>>75194498
Titanic, just admit defeat and seppuku instead of making more Poppy threads in your attempts to get 4chan to listen to your garbage
>>
fuck this ugly little whore and all of the meme spewing virgins that like her
>>
>>75194696
>fuck this ugly little whore
she's not ugly
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.