[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-81 AEUqHPzU Someone explai

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: R-3017586-1445127158-9750.jpeg.jpg (58KB, 600x595px) Image search: [Google]
R-3017586-1445127158-9750.jpeg.jpg
58KB, 600x595px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-81AEUqHPzU

Someone explain to me in a non-meme way on how this isn't just random noise?
>>
Because it actually has structure which is the opposite of random which you'd be able to find out with a simple Google search but you'd rather shitpost instead
>>
>>75187416
then why does it still sound like random noise?
>>
>>75187667
Because noise is subjective
>>
File: christgau1med.jpg (18KB, 400x266px) Image search: [Google]
christgau1med.jpg
18KB, 400x266px
Africa Brass, Vol. II [Impulse, 1974]

Those who've listened to them all assure me that this is indeed the first Coltrane LP since his death that isn't tainted with rip-off. I gave up listening to them, but I listen to this one all the time. A

Interstellar Space [Impulse, 1974]

These duets between Coltrane on tenor (and bells) and Rashied Ali on drums sound like an annoyance until you concentrate on them, at which point the interactions take on pace and shape, with metaphorical overtones that have little to do with the musical ideas being explored. European, Oriental, African--I don't know. But amazing. A-

One Down, One Up: Live at the Half Note [Impulse, 2005]

There's so much posthumous Coltrane I don't even want to hear it all. So I resisted this somewhat overpriced, somewhat underrecorded 87-minute double CD--until I played it a second time. The selling point is the title tune, at 27:40 the longest Coltrane solo on record even though it begins in the middle. It gets really good after bass and piano sit out so Coltrane and his friend Jones can bash and blow at each other undistracted. A-
>>
Are you pretty new to jazz? Ascension has a straightforward structure, but unique for its time: a few motifs that act as a melodic foundation, and a structure that's similar to dixieland, with a mix of individual and collective improv.

The overall "dissonance" people associate with this type of jazz is also much more than random shit, but I'll leave it up to you to explore that, it's not something I can sum up in a sentence or two.
>>
>>75187395
>>75175288
Stop.
>>
Music is subjective. Kenny G sounds like random noise to me and this sounds deep and spiritual.
>>
>>75188225
Did you have to bump? Especially considering >>75188199.
>>
>>75188199
No one properly answered my question at that thread
>>
>>75188386
No one's going to indulge you again, just stop.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.