[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

2017 has been an incredible music year. Especially for Rock.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4

File: 1418795479237.jpg (64KB, 572x553px) Image search: [Google]
1418795479237.jpg
64KB, 572x553px
2017 has been an incredible music year. Especially for Rock. Can we agree?
>>
No I dont agree. because I want you to suffor.
>>
>>75186723
>suffor
you have successed
>>
Anon, I can't think of a worse year for music. There hasn't been a single album released that is better than a 9. It's pathetic really.
>>
>>75186712
What was released so great? I really like to hear something new and good bud cannot find anything.
>>
File: ty segall.jpg (78KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
ty segall.jpg
78KB, 600x600px
>>75186784
>>
>>75186712
One of the worst years for music of all time imo.
>>
2015 and 2016 were both much better.
>>
Maan, I had such high hopes for 2017 at the beginning of the year:
The alt-J album was too short to justify how not good it was
Gorillaz album was easily their worst because Albarn decided to make a political statement rather than make genuinely good music.
Kendrick dropped a decent album, but not as good as GKMC. Even more political garbage tho
Alvvays dropped the decent songs as singles and gave a forgettable album
Lorde developed a more generic pop sound, which is fine and expected, but I genuinely feel like she peaked with PH
Tyler dropped a decent album, but not his best, and Flowerboy felt like it could have used more work in some areas
Brockhampton is dropping some dope shit
Big fan of King Gizzard. Nonagon Infinity is always a fun listen
Rostam came out of nowhere and dropped a great album, but that just came out
Sampha dropped a pretty good album tho

I'm leaving a lot of shit out, but it wasn't a bad year
>>
>>75186998
>>75186995
You plebs say this literally every year.
>>
I honestly can't think of an album I would care for this year. I'm hoping The Horrors and Gary Numan save it, and maybe a miracle happens and we get that Spiritualized record..
>>
electronic music is in a great place right now
>>
>>75187342
No it's not, all the interesting subgenres are almost dead at this point, and it has been the case for almost 10 years.
All we get is mediocre pitchfork garbage for people who don't listen to electronic music.
>>
>Rock
it's been better than previous years.

>Foo Fighters
the new album is probably shit
>QOTSA
their worst album, but still not terrible
>Linkin Park
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

wait, fuck, it's been a terrible year for rock
>>
Pink Season is better than 90% of releases this year
>>
/mu/ thinks literally every year is bad for music because people here need someone else validating their taste for them

so basically anything that isn't 3.7+ on rym or 9.0 p4k is not generally liked here

also the music needs to have a certain image. can't be too liked by the media or fantanocore or anything like that

you get so much criteria that it's no wonder this board basically hates new music
>>
>>75187443
Royal blood (they're not great but definitely a good band as far as mainstream rock goes)

Thee oh sees album was great

Ty Segall released a great album

And a lot of underground bands are putting out solid shit
>>
>>75187392

>going to pitchfork for electronic music

are you dumb
>>
>>75187485
>look at me I'm special and not part of the circlejerk

No, I'll fully admit 2016 was one of the best years for me.
>>
>>75186723
>suffor
ayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy roflchoppter
>>
>NIN EPs
>Brand New
Eh, I'm happy. Really happy. I may have not looked enough but this is enough for me.
>>
>>75187443
King Gizzard,Oh sees,Death from above 1979,Nothing but thieves,Royal Blood (they're meh desu but i like them),Brand New,Spoon,The War on Drugs,Arcane Roots all released pretty damn good rock albums this year. Most of them are an 8 or above for me (no 10s though). King Gizzard and Oh sees are the best
>>
>when you set the bar for pop music even higher, again

Everyone in pop from Bruno Mars to Kanye should just fucking kill themselves.
>>
>>75187018
Science Fiction
>>
>>75187018
Brand New and The National though
>>
>>75188155
>itt: oh yeah that released
>>
>ITAOTS
>Loveless
>Down Colorful Hill
>STGSTV
>Spiderland
>Perfect From Now On
>Soundtracks for the Blind
>The Lonesome Crowded West
>The Glow pt. 2
>Many others

All released between 1991-2001
Now name the great albums that have been released between 2007-2017

Yeah...
>>
>>75188239
what happen 2002-2006?
>>
>>75188273
Decline
>>
>>75188155
You and me bro, aoty contestant for sure
>>
>>75188292
Their last 3 albums have been absolutely god tier really. Everytime since Funk Oddyssy I have wondered how they can possibly do better or as well as the last record. And every time they pull through. Seriously, everyone else should just kill themselves. It's not even close. There isn't a band around that is as good as a whole at making pop albums. Ever since Canned Heat I have considered them fucking mutant freak tier good. There is nothing else in pop where every fucking instrument is played at masterclass and rhythm meets a melody master.
>>
>>75188239
Yeah 2007-2017 has been a shit decade for music. Even though more music is released than ever before it is for the most part bland and mediocre and when something does appear that's musically interesting it only sticks because the musical standards are lower than ever before.
>>
>>75186712
It's been great, but only because rock became even more irrelevant.
>>
File: a0148831820_10.jpg (510KB, 1200x1199px) Image search: [Google]
a0148831820_10.jpg
510KB, 1200x1199px
i agree
>>
>>75187518
>And a lot of underground bands are putting out solid shit
[citation needed]
>>
>>75187518
>>75188100
completely forgot about royal blood, you're right. also thanks for the band suggestions :)
>>
>>75187485
I dont get why people like to get this point of view on things.
Even in this thread i can see people giving their opinions on albums that were badly scored by fantano, pitchfork and RYM aswell, and despite that people still like to think that all /mu/ wants is their opinion.
We always fall in the circlejerk where people get shited for listening to Fantano, RYM, and Pitchfork and at the same time for not listening. This board is a mixed grey soup and yet people tend to jump into conclusions
>>
I'm with OP I've been disappointed with very few releases. I've downloaded like 80 albums from this year which is probably the most I've ever had for one year, though to be fair that might just mean I'm following new releases more closely.

The only record though that I would say is personally a 10/10 is Fleet Foxes. Most years don't yield more than 2 or 3 of these for me anyway.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.