[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/mu/, can I like neofolk and not be laughed at for its "edginess"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: 1374700023-1954031a_orig.jpg (184KB, 1300x710px) Image search: [Google]
1374700023-1954031a_orig.jpg
184KB, 1300x710px
/mu/, can I like neofolk and not be laughed at for its "edginess" by you guys? Please?
>>
>>75183805
>caring about the opinion of nu-males
>>
>>75183805
neofolk is great, only modern music I listen to.
>>
>>75183805
"edginess" is only laughable when it fails to intimidate. Really Neofolk is not intimidating at all, but it still kind of tries to be spooky and that's ridiculous.
>>
File: 1505247989585.jpg (52KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1505247989585.jpg
52KB, 500x375px
>>75183825
this

A real music fan will like an artist for their music before anything else. If a faggoty nu-male has a go at you for liking something that's "problematic" then you shouldn't associate with those kind of people full stop. As much as we meme about it, it goes both way. Liking Kendrick doesn't necessarily make you a "we wuz kangs, dindu nuffin wrong" antifa loving cuck, although it does prove you have a shit taste in music.
>>
>>75183805
yes, nothing wrong with neofolk
>>
>>75184274
It manages to intimidate sometimes
>>
>>75183805
Depends what you think neofolk is, there's plenty of neofolk that has nothing to do with being edgy but if you just like the stuff that does try to be edgy, you probably are a child
>>
>>75184274
This is how I feel about SunnO)))
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UOtscTCJBk

Post neofolk
>>
>>75184341
There isn't really a lot that tries to be edgy. If anything, most times perceived edginess is the result of trying something entirely different.
>>
Neofolk is the LARPing of genres. It doesn't turn you edgy if you like neofolk. But it makes sure that you'll be remembered as an eternal virgin in the annals of time.
>>
File: TrumpGGAllin.jpg (53KB, 850x559px) Image search: [Google]
TrumpGGAllin.jpg
53KB, 850x559px
>>75183805

define neofolk
>>
>>75184601
>LARPing
>virgin

found the nu-male
>>
>>75184601
>it makes sure that you'll be remembered as an eternal virgin in the annals of time
I don't know, man. Being a pervert and sexually frivolous is a big part of the deal.
>>
>>75184731
Is this legit?
>>
>>75185519
i stand for peace and love amidst all the violence
>>
>>75184974
Lmao, neofolk is peak nu-male, don't kid yourself, bub. How about you take a stroll in the woods to let out your feelings.
>>
>people think all neofolk is edgy
>probably only heard one album from di6 and c93 each
>>
It wouldn't be considered edgy if most bands didn't base their entire existence around shallow edgy gimmicky themes like nazism, the military, war history, paganism and /x/ bullshit, or just trying so hard to be spooky that it ends up sounding like childrens' halloween music.

Not to mention how ridiculously self serious it is, up there with most metal genres. Bands like Rome and DIJ would be so much more interesting if they dropped that shit. The neofolk sound by itself is pretty interesting, albeit a bit limiting.

But then again why do you even care what other people think, especially in a place like this?
>>
>>75186120
lol, just because you don't care about those topics doesn't mean they are explored in a shallow manner.
dismissing Rome as basing "their entire existence around shallow edgy gimmicky themes like nazism, the military, war history, paganism and /x/ bullshit" just goes to show that you don't know what you're talking about.

that last line i find perfectly agreeable though.
>>
>>75186487
Well yeah, it's kind of hard to not explore something fully when you center your entire career around only a few specific themes and subjects. What I'm saying is that they limit themselves too much. Sure, you can have plenty of things to write about even through a self-imposed prism like war and military themes, but ultimately what you write is still fundamentally about war. And it's especially restrictive because it tends to rely so much on lyrics.

I get it if we're talking about one concept album or something like that, but when the whole band is a concept, then yeah. And I don't have a personal problem with the genre. Listen to whatever you like, but you gotta admit it could be improved by being more universal in its themes.
>>
I love the idea of neofolk/dark folk, but every song is basically the same.

>Guitar starts strumming, you intentionally hear some squeaking from hand movement
>Grumpy dude starts talking about history/heritage/local folklore with a deadpan delivery
>A flute or a trumpet starts playing (bonus points for a fiddle on top of this)
>The instrumental carries on for a minute or two before the next song starts
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.