[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How long until rap dies like rock? I think everyone is getting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3

File: 150605_01big.jpg (149KB, 681x1024px) Image search: [Google]
150605_01big.jpg
149KB, 681x1024px
How long until rap dies like rock? I think everyone is getting a bit tired of it now.
>>
Everyone meaning whom exactly?
We're finally getting experimental shit with introspective lyrics with the wildest production, obviously there's the whole heeps of trash but rap is starting to sail on some strange tides.
>>
>>75180990
Hip hop will never die, it will change. People will always dance to rap.
>>
>>75181000
name 10 "experimental" and "introspective" rappers with "wild production"
>>
>>75180990
As long as black Americans exist, rap won't die anytime soon.
>>
>>75181074
death grips, the list could go on
>>
>>75181074
kanye west
danny brown
death grips
atmosphere
clipping.
blu
kendrick lamar
shabazz palaces
tyler the creator
travis scott

suck my dick
>>
>>75181136
This but fuck Atmosphere. Fuck that shit.
>>
>>75181076
>As long as black Americans exist
mexicans and free birth control will take care of that
>>
>>75181136
Add my man Earl too
>>
>>75181136
>Kanye (hasn't been relevant since 808s)
>Death Grips (meme)
>Clipping. (gay version of meme grips)
>Atmosphere (fucking kek)
>Kendrick Lamar (Damn sucked and didn't push the genre forward at all)
>Travi$ Scott (Kid Cudi rip off, auto-tune faglet)

Good job.
>>
>>75181184
>hasn't been relevant since 808s
>Travis scott is a kid cudi rip off despite having 0 kid cudi like songs
>Death Grips is one of the most experimental groups to experience wide success in the last 30 years

Yeah, rap is dead OP.
>>
>>75181184
Imagine having to resort to bait because you can't articulate yourself
>>
>>(hasn't been relevant since 808s)
holy fuck you're trying WAY too hard to dismiss an artist
>>
>>75181194
So what have Kanye released since 808s that's been able to shape the direction of the genre?
If you can't hear the influence Cudi had on him, you're deaf. He's not bringing anything new to the table anyway.
Death Grips is a meme, stop watching melon.
>>
>>75181205
I'm sorry that MBDTF is your favourite album ever made, but it's not revolutionary in any sense. It's just a decent pop album.
>>
>>75181140
? whats wrong with atmosphere?
>>
>>75181229
you may argue he hasn't been very good ever since 808s, but irrelevant? you're either delusional or you don't know what irrelevant actually means
>>
>>75181184
I probably should have added Earl over Atmosphere
rest of your criticism is bait kill yourself then suck my dick
>>
>>75181136

That's just the "rappers white people like" starter pack
>>
>>75181263
what rappers do black people like?
>>
>>75181251
I'm speaking about his influence and relevancy in pushing the genre forward. When it comes to tabloid exposure, he's for sure very relevant.

>>75181252
Earl is just recycling old MF DOOM flows. Get your shit together, mate.
>>
>>75181263
white people like pretty much any rapper that gets mainstream exposure though and a lot of those guys anon listed don't.
>>
Yeezus is great
>>
File: a55.jpg (68KB, 500x484px) Image search: [Google]
a55.jpg
68KB, 500x484px
> introspective lyrics

Lol holy shit, rap is like at the lowest point of being anti lyrical it has ever been,
Rap is literally some monkey mumbling to the point a new genre called mumble rap has merged.

The thing that will really kill rap is that its too black. Its like the NBA. Too black. The NFL is number one, yeah there are a lot of black people there too, but all the top quarterbacks are tom brady.

And rap will never not be black american now because sjw's will REEEEEEEEEEEEEE about cultural appropriation which will prevent rap from ever being used from different racial perspectives. Well it doesnt help that most white rappers are cringy macklemore motherfuckers

Really, i feel like trap will probaly die soon. Have no idea when, or what will replace that. But it seems pretty played out at this point
>>
>>75181452
>lowest point of anti lyrical

Listen to Immortal Technique. He lyrically shits on any artist in any genre you can name.

He drops knowledge so heavy it leaves the world unbalanced, replacing you as the dominant species on the planet.
>>
>>75181452
>The thing that will really kill rap is that its too black
This doesn't even make sense if you consider the context of rap history
>>
>>75181517
Immortal technique is all you can come up with? Weak. I mean he's good but OP is off base. What's popular on soundcloud is not all that's out there. Wifisfuneral for being a "mumble" rapper has some actually creative flows in that style. Denzel curry is pretty known and his rhymes are not devoid of substance, I agree "rollie on my wrist/rollie on my bitch" is the most lazy unoriginal rhyme that all those guys use but there's much more to hip hop these days than that one style.
>>
>>75181452
Trap is the established sound of the mainstream now, so I agree that it'll fall out of fashion soon. I don't think anyone knows what will replace it tho. Will it be a return to more sample based beats, or a completely new direction? I just hope we don't have to go back to boom-bap beats. So many good samples are just a backdrop to boring drum loops and lazy production.
>>
>>75181263
because white people actually have a taste
>>
>>75181452
>NFL
>number one

Fucking Americunts
>>
File: 53636563.jpg (301KB, 1203x967px) Image search: [Google]
53636563.jpg
301KB, 1203x967px
It's already kind of happening, but I have no clue what or if anything will fill the void. We've stretched it musically as a species in the spirit of Lucifer, hip hop monkey beats are as depraved and antisocial as music can get. It's all been there done that, every avenue sonically, and there's nothing left but ass. We've been left to our devices for too long, and we've done everything we can possibly do in the confines of this matrix, it ends with the sound of a nigger screaming over washing machine and two young boys cock docking. We're getting recycled, very soon.
>>
>>75181217
Yeezus was a very different sounding album that has some of my favorite Kanye songs on it; hold my liquor, blood on the leaves, etc. Kanye's lyrics are def hit and miss but his production is always amazing.
>>
>>75180990
Most likely never because you probably can't go more primitive than that. Rock was a mindless rebellion and rap is just music from the depths of the most primitive and shallow consciousness
>>
>>75181868
You serious? Only a wave of soundcloud rappers have that boring banal flow, there's a ton of good new hip-hop where they do not have "primitive" lyricism and whatever. Popular underground and "soundcloud" acts are all about the producer anyway, the vocals are just spice on top of the beat.
>>
>>75182071
Rap is literally the lowest common denominator, music for mental slaves, even pop has more merit. The """"best"""" rap lyricists can't compete with even the worst of any other genre. """"Conscious"""" rap is full of cliches, namedroppings and extremely basic common sense. Its like observing animals. You clearly lack the mental capacity to listen to anything else so keep listening to the most primitive genre
>>
>>75182112
someone will call you a fedora, but you're right. Rap is too simplistic and predictable. People that jerk off to Kendrick haven't even listened to old school 80's rap - everything that Kendrick is doing has already been done before. Kanye is good though
>>
30 years
>>
>>75181714
Name an artist that is superior to Immortal Technique lyrically. Oh wait you can't. You can't even come up with one.
>>
>>75183398
Define "lyrically"

If you mean message then Mos Def
If you mean meter and rhymes then Biggie or Nas
If you mean vocabulary then Aesop Rock

Immortal technique has 1 good song and the rest is conspiracy theories
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.