[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can someone explain to me why this hack is respected again? is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

File: RobertChristgau-3.jpg (183KB, 1140x798px) Image search: [Google]
RobertChristgau-3.jpg
183KB, 1140x798px
Can someone explain to me why this hack is respected again? is it just because got a column on noisey so now nu-males have to like him to appear trendy?
>>
Because he has been a critic longer than most.
>>
>>75174460
His opinions are well articulated, yet very creative, like a child just getting into music for the first time: he manages to describe albums using well-composed terse of anecdotes, ideas and sentiments.
>>
>>75174562
>His opinions are well articulated

lol
>>
>>75174460
His stuff is all online, his site is quick to load and he has various tiresome and dated prejudices about music that make him ideal for starting arguments.
>>
He's very funny and has a unique writing style for a music reviewer

>is it just because got a column on noisey so now nu-males have to like him to appear trendy?
Do you have to think there's an alternative motive for everything? lol
>>
he was there at cbgb first show and at greenwitch mean village
>>
He has some dud reviews that are cherry-picked non-stop by detractors. Do your hasty judgments and ineloquent moments represent you well?

He, on occasion, can fit the one single overarching sentiment that perfectly describes an album into a sentence or two, which is impressive. Does that make him the most insightful and useful reviewer overall? Probably not, but it makes him fun to read.
>>
why do brainlets hate the dean so much? there are tons of critics out there, but he gets nothing but shit here when he's not even very relevant anymore. im guessing it's his disdain for metal.

>>75174460
>christgau
>trendy

yeah maybe in the 70s
>>
>>75175341
>why do brainlets hate the dean so much?

I guess he likes black music and doesn't like metal so that offends /pol/tards?
>>
File: 1488834763739.png (325KB, 382x417px) Image search: [Google]
1488834763739.png
325KB, 382x417px
>>75174460
What does Richard Dawkins have to do with music?
>>
>>75174460
>nu-males
STOP USING STUPID MEME WORDS HJOLY SHIT THIS BOARD IS FUCKING TRASH

for someone who wants to act superior you're sure trying hard to fit in on a fucking image board
>>
He was at the first Suicide practices in a loft in New York City and went to the first Can show in Cologne
>>75175149
This
>>
He has an interesting and occasionally rewarding style as a writer but I never takes his reviews as anything more than opinion
>>
The OP made this thread solely and entirely because I posted a Christgau review in that Ernest Tubb thread. He should have at least waited until that fell off the board before posting this thread to make it not as blatantly obvious.
>>
>>75175539
No I didn't, I'm all for there being less Christgau on here. Even trashing him is a mention he doesn't need.
>>
>>75175149
I WALKED ALAN VEGA UP ON STAGE
WHO THE FUCK ARE YOU?
>>
Oh, and some kid tried to set him on fire at a Replacements show. :^)
>>
>>75175539
wrong
>>
>>75174460
This dude is the original hipster and somehow he never grew out of it. This is meant as a compliment.
>>
>>75176600
*not meant
>>
>>75174460
After reading some reviews I'm convinced he's an elaborate troll.
>>
>>75175864
doesn't he blame thurston moore for that? kek
>>
>>75174460
because liberals obsess over cults of personality and christgau has one
>>
>>75177050
I don't know why
You want to impress Christgau
Ah, let that shit die
And find out the new goal
>>
I like his writing style, but a lot of the time it's like he focuses on anything but the actual music.
>>
Vespertine [Elektra, 2001]
I liked this a lot better once I heard how it was entirely about sex, which since it often buries its pulse took a while. Sex, not fucking. I'm nervous so you'd better pet me awhile sex. Lick the backs of my knees sex. OK, where my buttcheeks join my thighs sex. I'm still a little jumpy so you'd better pet me some more sex. How many different ways can we open our mouths together sex. We came 20 minutes ago and have Sunday morning ahead of us sex. Or, if fucking, tantric--the one where you don't move and let vaginal peristalsis do the work (yeah sure). The atmospherics, glitch techno, harps, glockenspiels, and shades of Hilmar Om Hilmarsson float free sometimes, and when she gets all soprano on your ass you could accuse her of spirituality. But with somebody this freaky you could get used to that. English lyrics provided, most of them dirty if you want. A-

Vulnicura [One Little Indian, 2015]
I always thought she was too lifelike for him anyway ("Stonemilker," "Atom Dance") *

Christgau confirmed for wanting to bork Bork in her bork.
>>
>>75178125
Why does he think that I'll think he's a real boy if he expresses scepticism about "vaginal peristalsis"?

But to be fair, there never was any good rock criticism. This is because rock music is opposed to critical thinking, which is why it resets to wilfull primitivism any time too many of its practitioners learn more than five chords.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.