[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I know I'm late to the party but I just listened to this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

File: crouching tiger hidden gabber.jpg (107KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
crouching tiger hidden gabber.jpg
107KB, 500x500px
I know I'm late to the party but I just listened to this and it's a great return to form for the band. Easily the best DG release since NOTM. What are your thoughts
>>
File: 1503179979813.jpg (2MB, 2123x1181px) Image search: [Google]
1503179979813.jpg
2MB, 2123x1181px
bump

I particularly liked the last three tracks.
>>
>>75173924
It feels like I waited my whole life (my whole fucking life) for death grips to go back to this type of music after JD and BP
>>
Reminder that if you can't appreciate all of DG's sounds and style changes then you are a pleb
>>
>>75174334
Yeah, two years.
>>
>>75173924
Their third best release imo
>>
>>75173924
They went full Industrial mindset for this release, feels totally unhinged without pandering to meme faggots and Fantano drones. Definitely a step in the right direction, excited for them again after completely losing hope with BP which I never thought they could do.

Zach and the bunch still have a few tricks up their sleeves for sure.
>>
so the only official release of this is in the form of a fucking youtube video

what a bunch of assholes
>>
>>75174612
There was a download avail through soundcloud.
>>
OFFICIAL DG POWER RANKINGS

>NOTM
>Crouching Tiger
>GP
>TMS
>Exmilitary
>NLDW
>JD
>Interview 2016
>Fashion Week
>Bottomless Pit
>>
>>75174474
Agreed. Bottomless Pit was so bland and boring that I thought DG had run out of ideas. But Crouching Tiger is fresh and exciting.
>>
>>75174879
>But Crouching Tiger is fresh and exciting.
except it's literally not
all the songs sound like they're just rehashing their older ideas
>>
>>75174762
NOTM > NLDW > CTHG > BP > GP > JD > TMS > EXMIL > EP = Interview > FW
>>
>>75174908
It has a cool techno sound that they haven't done before. You might say The Money Store was techno but it was a completely different style. It also has their best songwriting since NOTM.
>>
>>75175004
>It has a cool techno sound that they haven't done before
You're overthinking too much, it's literally just Interview 2016 but with vocals
>>
>>75175088
They have completely different sounds and moods though.
>>
>>75175154
>completely different
Imagine being this deluded
>>
Death Grips + Skream collab when
>>
Death Grips + Hollywood Undead collab when
>>
>>75175231
They have confirmed they are working with Skream on a new track.

>>75175263
Hopefully never.
>>
>>75175326
>Hopefully never.
w-why?
>>
>>75175352
Death Grips with old school dubstep production sounds amazing
>>
File: 20170912_054939.jpg (238KB, 640x794px) Image search: [Google]
20170912_054939.jpg
238KB, 640x794px
>>75173924
Obssessed with it, particuarly the last track. The last minute of it felt like a fucking Aural orgasm and I often end up looking like a total autist jiving to it in the street. Especially loved Ride's last lines being punctuated by a hyper aggresive delivery underneath. Felt wonderfully sassy. That followed by Glossolalia and what I can only describe as an onslaught of barking klaxons. Or cartoon sword swipes. Makes me feel like I've been thrown into Snow Crash and gets me pumped everytime.
>>
>>75174612
It's on iTunes bro
>>
>>75174762
Exmilitary is their only good release tho
>>
>>75173924
Not their best but an absolute fucking 10/10 nonetheless. Jesus fucking christ I don't know how they do it
>>
File: 1504568952958.jpg (333KB, 1000x1333px) Image search: [Google]
1504568952958.jpg
333KB, 1000x1333px
>>75175555
>I often end up looking like a total autist jiving to it in the street.

I am autistic and I enjoy rocking back and forth really fast in my chair while listening to DG. Other times I get up and walk around and pretend to be a cool tough guy in a movie, or a cool DJ playing the track at a party.

Sometimes I wonder if there is something inherent in DG's music that appeals to autists which would explain their weird fanbase of memers and weirdos. But then again I also know a lot of Chads and /fit/bros who listen to Death Grips too.
>>
>>75175697
t. someone who unironically yells out 'GOD-TIER' in real life
>>
>>75175715
The complexity and obscurity of their lyrics and sonics appeal the the autismos while the aggression and rawness appeal to those with an average amount of testosterone
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.