[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /mu/ think of U2? I recently discovered a project

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 1

What does /mu/ think of U2?

I recently discovered a project that had The Edge of U2, Jah Wobble of PiL, Jaki Liebowitz and Holger Czukay of Can, and Arthur Russell all collaborating.
>>
>>75169139
What did The Edge contribute? Did he make the coffee?
>>
>>75169158
>Lead Guitar, Slide Guitar, Effects [Atmospherics]
>>
>>75169189
>[Atmospherics]
HAHAHAHAHAHA

Money is amazing. I would be ashamed to turn up to a session with those guys if I was him, but being the rich guy banishes his shame. It's like if an Arab prince paid Neil Young to fly to his house and jam with him. You're still a cocksucker when he leaves, bitch.
>>
>>75169245
Motherfucker this was in 1983. Long before U2 were stadium rock superstars. Don't be an idiot.
>>
>>75169257
He was already probably the richest guy there.
>>
>>75169278
Doubtful. PiL had higher charting albums and singles in the UK at the time and were playing bigger venues than U2 in the US. Genuinely, U2 were not a big name act at the time. You're conflating modern day depictions of the band as a monolithic world dominating act with that of them in before rising to superstardom.

It's the same reason people say that U2 couldn't have been a post-punk band in their early days.
>>
Liebezeit
>>
U2 has always been a manufactured pop act dipshit.
>>
>>75169139

Boring unimaginative bland generic radio friendly arena rock

Same as the foo fighters, coldplay
>>
>>75169355
I thought Wobble was out of PiL by 1983?

If it's true that The Edge was not yet rich, I can't explain why he was at that session, he's not on the level of those guys.
>>
>>75169139

You either love U2 or hate 'em. I belong to the latter category. Edge's riffs don't excite me and Bono, I feel is meh. Though of course, U2 is loved by many people but not for me.
>>
>>75169433

Wut, how were U2 a manufactured pop act?
>>
>>75169139
Generic bland shit.
Bono is an obnoxious cunt to boot.
>>
>>75169590
They're not, it's the usual "everything but Death Grips is practically Vengaboys" rock snob bollocks.
>>
>>75169627
>Vengaboys
Fuck you, what's your beef with the Vengas?
Stop being a sheep and admit they are top tier.
>>
>tfw U2 played concerts with This Heat and Mission of Burma back in the day
>>
>>75169736
>>tfw U2 played concerts with This Heat
This Heat opened once for them ONCE, get real.
>>
>>75169710
They are, I was quoting the motherfucking clowns who aren't on the Vengabus.
>>
>>75169750
this. I don't know fucking how or why though. U2 were never post-punk. All those guys hated them. Even at the beginning, they were typical mainstream 80s pop rock album, along the lines of Foreigner and Bon Jovi, with no debt to punk or post-punk at all.

The fact that Brian Eno worked with them is astonishing. I view it as more of a sellout move than when he made that album with Coldplay.
>>
fuck everyone, U2 were great in the 80s
then they were good until 1994
and THEN they were shit
>>
>>75169804
bitch, have you even heard Boy
that shit sounds nothing like Foreigner
>>
>>75169829
it doesn't matter
they already had awful haircuts
>>
>>75169547
>I can't explain why he was at that session
That's because you are stupid, anon, as your continuing posts ITT will summarily prove.
>>
>>75169846
>U2 haters are total morons
Lol saw that coming

>>75169139
Snake Charmer has always been one of my U2-related favorites desu. Btw if memory serves there's another song on the album/EP it originated on that also has him on it (although less obviously.)
>>
>>75169754
Sorry man, my mistake.
t.Vengabus lifetime ticket holder.
>>
>U2 fans on /mu/
They don't block 4chan in retirement homes?
>>
>>75169139
I recently listened to Songs of Innocence and I tried not to listen to it ironically, meditated first to clear any bad vibes or energies that were around the album and ended up liking it surprisingly.

Even though most of the songs were cheesy rock I bothered to listen to the lyrics and found a lot of good there, lots of personal stories and told in a way that makes you inspired to live.

Maybe it was just too try hard for these days when most people just want their guitar music to be more low volume and energy, plus it was a bit too corporate its very true.

I like the songs Joey Ramone, Iris, Raised by Wolves, Sleep Like a Baby Tonight and Cedarwood Road.
>>
>>75169612
>Generic bland shit.
what albums sounded like Unforgettable Fire and the Joshua Tree before Unforgettable Fire and the Joshua Tree?
>>
>>75170158
t. underage
>>
>>75169139
U2 are patricians masquerading as plebeians.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.