[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

so this came out today. it would be better as a real estate album,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 2

File: unnamed-1.png (427KB, 806x806px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed-1.png
427KB, 806x806px
so this came out today. it would be better as a real estate album, but i generally like ducktails. his vocals just feel phoned in. thoughts?
>>
appropriating japanese culture for the esthetic, how embarrassing
>>
>>75164389
I don't agree, but why is that a thing now?
This, the last Neon Indian album, the upcoming Horrors album, Grimes' last album, all do it
>>
>>75164404
because of vaporwave and stupid shit like that
>>
>>75164404
plus all the vaporwave stuff that does it. ducktails has a weirdly similar vibe to the abandoned suburban mall style vaporwave stuff
>>
>>75164382
ye his vocals are quite bad, i don't like them
>>
in the hallway was a nice jam, so was light a candle
>>
>>75164404
https://hyperallergic.com/399976/decoding-techno-orientalism-in-science-fiction/
>>
>>75164382
he hasnt done anything good since his early psych ambient stuff before he started making pop. and even then he was very derivitive of a booming scene in the late 00s he was a part of and which he did not stand out outside of his indie celebrity status.
>>
>>75164507
got any recs for me? already listened to all the other real estate members stuff. i actually like almost everything ducktails has put out. i thought st catherine had some fantastic tracks, most notably the first two songs.
>>
>>75164557
ever heard jimmy doopies & the doopletes? same stuff, heavier vibe
>>
>>75164487
Man people like this are so boring. Oh no stop oppressing me by using eastern imagery to create a cultural juxtaposition wah boo hoo

>>75164584
will give it a listen thanks.
>>
>>75164584
can't find them on google bro
>>
>>75164628
its on soulseek, they have only one album
>>
>>75164638
oh
>>
>>75164645
jk, they dont exist
>>
>>75164389
>using another langauge is racist

You are the reason trump won
>>
>>75164655
why would you be so rude anon
>>
>>75164662
it's not racist, it's just really uncreative
>>
>>75164662
it is its exoticising and appropiating a cultural artificact for white gain. its not the same as saying all asian people should be killed or even whites are the superior race but it shows ignorance of the effects of cultural appropriation as they relate ot a history of white supremecy and imperialism...
>>
File: 1502836634178.jpg (63KB, 850x477px) Image search: [Google]
1502836634178.jpg
63KB, 850x477px
>>75164389
>>75164487
>>75164754
>>
>>75164730
a regressive liberal is someone who gets mad when a white person likes non white cultures and calls it appropriation, as if we didnt live in some hyper globalized society where cultures are going to mix and influence each other.
Im sooo tired of libshits crying about appropriation. Okay then non whites should stop using cars, and the internet, and penicillin. White people invented those things, its our cultureā„¢
>>
>>75164754
take your bullshit somewhere else no one wants to hear it. believe it or not most people are okay with the idea that we can take elements of other cultures to make new shit in our own culture, and guess what, if the elements we take from other cultures are just weak facsimiles and surface level... who gives a shit its not harming anyone in japan in any way. go away
>>
i really enjoyed the closing track on here
>>
>>75164785
grow up
>>
>>75164785
you cant understand how a culture might feel hurt when they have been marginalized or vilified for their culture then white people take it and profit off of it?
>>
>>75165344
why do white people feel so compelled to feel outrage at the behest of others. like that dumb woman who got mad at her uber driver for having a hula girl bobble thing on his dash. i lived in hawaii for years and none of the locals cared about some dumb stupid toy. and i dont think many japanese people are gonna give a shit if some Z list musicians uses their language on an album cover or whatever else. it'd be different if he was singing in a fake asian accent or something but it's just his art packaged the way he wants it. fuck off with your liberal arts freshman class bullshit
>>
>>75165557
grow up
>>
>>75164819
japanese people hate whites tho
>>
>>75165886
all the more reason to pilfer their culture for the sake of entertainment
>>
>>75165678
>>75165168
wow this guy really knows how to argue

culture doesn't occur in a vacuum. can eminem rap? can the beatles record rock n roll music? can bill evans play jazz? art is one of the freest forms of expression there is, and when you try to autistically control what people can do and put them into boxes, they will simply do the opposite.
>>
>>75166117
im not arguing with you child, i'm telling you to grow up
>>
>>75166127
>lose argument
"grow up"
>have it pointed out that you can't argue
"grow up"

it's a pretty dumb stereotype, but I'm always amazed that liberals fit the 'entitled petulant child' image to a T
>>
>>75166127
lmao roasted
>>
>>75164419
literally most uneducated opinion on the board
>>
>>75164389
Can you explain wherein the "japanese culture" is in this album cover?
>>
>>75166329
its right there
>>
you guys are fags talk about the album or music thats similar to this

>>75166329
its just packaged to look like a japanese import. it's not significant at all and the anon trying to educate everyone about cultural appropriation is a moron. just another white kid pretending to be worldly when he's probably posting from the comfort of a mostly white suburban town on his phone or something
>>
>>75164785
why do you think the cultural appropriation phenomenon is a liberal thing? genuinely curious because libs definitely dont restrictions ways to express yourself
>>
>>75166394
> just another white kid pretending to be worldly when he's probably posting from the comfort of a mostly white suburban town on his phone or something
Literally a fallacy
>>
>>75166833
it's true though isn't it
>>
>>75166844
I'm not that poster so idk. It shouldn't matter though.
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.