[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why was Morrissey the only one to have any real success

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: the smiths.jpg (734KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
the smiths.jpg
734KB, 1920x1080px
Why was Morrissey the only one to have any real success after they split up?
>>
Marr had success, he just chose to work with other bands instead of go solo.
>>
I dunno.
Morrissy is an interesting guy i guess.
Sometimes you just wonder what morrissy is doing right now
>>
>>75163985
Moz was still an excellent lyricist and melodist for some time (1988-1994). Barring Kill Uncle, he also had good taste in producers.
>>
Morrissey was really the face and voice of The Smiths. Despite how talented Marr was he was always gonna be a background guy
>>
How is becoming a member of Modest Mouse not "real success"?
I mean it was on one of their worst albums but still
>>
every band marr joined the outcome was always terrible.
>>
>>75164780
>Modest Mouse
>The Cribs
Checks out, although those are the only two I know of.
>>
>>75164827
the the
electronic
the healers
>>
Because he was the front man.
>>
Marr basically became a session musician. If you think he had any real contribution in the creative process of either Modest Mouse or The Cribs you're deluded.
>>
Morrisey is good though I wouldn't necessarily call his post Smiths work a raging success.
>>
>>75164010
I often wonder what Jeff Mangum is doing RIGHT NOW out in the globe. It is sometimes hard to remember he's not a fictional character.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.