[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /mu/ think of this album? Also, post more like this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: a0249360790_10.jpg (219KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
a0249360790_10.jpg
219KB, 1200x1200px
What does /mu/ think of this album?

Also, post more like this album. Hard to find
>>
eemotionally dishonest: the album
>>
>>75160812
>nigga's wife dies
>emotionally dishonest
Get fucked kiddo
>>
>>75160833
>>nigga's wife dies
>makes an album to profit off it before her body is even cold
most emotionally dishonest album of all time
>>
>>75160870
this
>it's not for singing about
>It's not for making into art

>sings about it anyway
>>
>>75160833

don't feed the trolls.

great album, but also too fucking heartbreaking to listen to very often.
>>
>>75160895
prove me wrong then nigga.
>>
>>75160870
If you've lost the love of your life you become emotionally ravaged and people tend express that state in different ways.

He really is just lost, that's the best way to put it, he doesn't really know how to deal with all this, this is the pure definition of lost, emotionally.

One thing's for sure; It's much harder to make an album about your beloved wife day after you've lost her than to lock yourself in your house and mourn her death.
>>
>>75160771
Very emotionally resonant. My Father died of cancer when I was a toddler and I can relate to the themes of the album.
>>
>>75160771
been getting into this recently in a sort of masochistic way to sort of feel something. this album is basically an embodiment of grief, Phil doesn't care about being lyrically profound or poetic here, he just lays all of his grief out and it's genuine as hell
>>
saw phil last night, played most of this album. weird experience. lots of sniffles in the crowd. man himself wiped away tears a couple times. how the hell he can go around singing these songs for people in a live environment is beyond me, but then that's a topic he explores in the new songs he played- very meta, funny, sad, weird. a full year later and he's still writing long seemingly stream of consciousness songs about genevieve and the grim realities of her death down to the smallest details. next album will probably be a doozy too. hope our boy can bounce back from this someday
>>
File: Process_-_Sampha_album.jpg (211KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
Process_-_Sampha_album.jpg
211KB, 400x400px
>>75160771
This guy just won the Mercury prize and parts of his album are about how he lost his mom to cancer
>>
AOTY
>>
File: fuckdrumf.jpg (181KB, 1200x1031px) Image search: [Google]
fuckdrumf.jpg
181KB, 1200x1031px
>>
>>75162889
FAKE
he's from washington the state not city lmao
>>
>>75161990
>You don't know how strong you areeeeeeeeeeeeee
>>
I really liked how he used the symbolism of the cancer patient to represent the oh wait I keep forgetting this isn't hospice and that the current year is 2009 when a concept like this might have actually been surprising
>>
>>75162921
>he's from washington the state not city lmao
So?
>>
>>75160771
I can't get more than two songs deep into this

>seaweed

fuck man
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.