[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Prove that X isn't the best, most versatile new wave

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

File: Xxxtentacion.jpg (80KB, 800x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Xxxtentacion.jpg
80KB, 800x1000px
ITT: Prove that X isn't the best, most versatile new wave artist.

>protip: you can't
>>
>>75153810
GOAT at beating pregnant girlfriends
>>
>>75153810
How about you prove the fact that you're a grown man and you like xxxtentacion
>>
The only good songs he has are Riot, The Devil Spoke To Me In Miami, and Jocelyn Flores. Besides that, he's shit.
>>
>>75153810
1. Derivative, not even original
2. Cannot write a song worthy of memory
3. No musical range, can only do one genre
4. "new wave" was a thing in the 80's and then died, and he's not part of a new wave of anything
>protip: I just did
>>
He's definitely versatile, but generally his music is
very repetitive, simplistic, and unmemorable. With a bit of time, he might escape mediocrity.
>>
>LITERALLY
>>
>>75153886
this unironically, kid has some potential but he is far from there yet
>>
He just faked getting threatened by a kkk member on instagram
>>
File: smuganimeface19.jpg (10KB, 193x261px) Image search: [Google]
smuganimeface19.jpg
10KB, 193x261px
>>75153810
>black kid talks about race issues
>he's emotional and goes hard
>so revolutionary
>>
BTFO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2n2a3nH8jEI
>>
>>75153875
>1. Derivative, not even original
sure everythings derivitive but he has an important place inc ontemporary culture combining a lot of ideas
>2. Cannot write a song worthy of memory
hes a great singles artist many awesome singular tracks that get memed to death because they are good
>3. No musical range, can only do one genre
hes done a lot. from crunkcore, to trap, to cloud rap, to sad boy r&b, to contemporary folk
>4. "new wave" was a thing in the 80's and then died, and he's not part of a new wave of anything
new wave music? sure but new wave as a classifier has been used for a lot of things from literature to film. new wave cinema started in the 50-60s.
>>
>>75153836
nice meme

>>75153872
i'm sure those are probably the only songs you've heard

>>75153875
1. a lot of his stuff on 17 was original. his older stuff was original.
2. look at me. literally his most popular song.
3. lol, you've only heard one song by him, haven't you?
4. meme more please

>>75153886
How is it simplistic and unmemorable? How is he mediocre? Name some artists like him.
>>
>>75153965
bones, death grips, danny brown, public enemy, mark stewart/the pop group, etc you get the point
he can only do "experimental hip hop" thats it thats all he can do
now i realize this means a ton of other artists now also have no musical range and yes that is very true
>>
I just want to complain that after seeing a screencap of fantano shitting on X's new mv I checked his twitter to confirm and it was just basically him circlejerking with yes men over how X was pretentious and shit, nothing not said before and shit, thinks he's so much better than people and shit, but then he drops a vlog about it on his "fantano" third channel an hour ago and is much more limp dick about it.

I'm upset because he's way more rational about it now. Maybe he slept on it or something, maybe I can check his twitter for later context he gave to mellowing his previous extreme opinion on it, but you don't accidentally cherrypick only to respond to tweets that confirm your bias, then 20 hours later release a more thought out and less emotional opinion to the larger part of your audience. I guess I'm disappointed fantano is allowed to wave his emotioally-charged dick on twitter as soon as he feels some type of way, but then washes his face, puts on a figurative suit, and is actually rational for videos. It's not even about X, just wanna bitch about fantano being two faced when he literally reduces the video to a strawman he made up on twitter, but then doesn't in a video he drops later.
>>
>>75153810
his career is already dead
>>
im very confused by this guy like. i finally listened to the album and the third track isn't even hip hop? he's just playing guitar and crooning and honestly its not terrible
i feel like he had a lot of potential but now he's going nowhere
>>
Revenge is good and definitely showcases his versatility. 17 has some good stuff on their but I like X more when he's angry or hyped up than depressed. Hopefully he can stay away from jail and self destruction because he has a lot of potential.
>>
File: 6c2tiznlfllz.png (29KB, 589x267px) Image search: [Google]
6c2tiznlfllz.png
29KB, 589x267px
>>75154564
Not tryna vomit all over myself in anger here, but I'm pretty sure even though twitter on desktop doesn't show replies, mobile does, and ctrl + F doesn't show pic related so I bet he deleted all his tweets talking shit about X. Cause X gave this one a "like" on twitter so maybe fantano felt brigaded with criticism in his echo chamber. There being basically no proof of his former bullshit is kinda pissing me off but whatever, at least there's this.
>>
>>75153810
prove that you are not a literal retard.

>protip: you can't
>>
>>75154564

probably thought out his point a bit more. hardly see how that necessitates him being two-faced.
>>
>>75153810
if even half of the shit that his ex is saying is true then he deserves to rot in prison
>>
>>75154699
Kek if it was Kendrick in that vid Fatango would be drooling and praising him.
>>
File: ss3.jpg (458KB, 681x1024px) Image search: [Google]
ss3.jpg
458KB, 681x1024px
*blocks x's path*
>>
>>75153810
I N D U S T R Y
N
D
U
S
T
R
Y

P L A N T
L
A
N
T
>>
File: kapital.jpg (74KB, 797x503px) Image search: [Google]
kapital.jpg
74KB, 797x503px
I like his music, I don't think he's reached potential and I'm willing to bet his career is gonna be cut short because of his serious mental issues and crimes he's committed

a la Bobby Shmurda
>>
>>75155396
I think bobby shmurda will be famous again when he gets out but xxxtentacion is not even a name normies can say in public
>>
>>75155457
probably because half the people dont even know how to pronounce his stupid fucking name
>>
>>75155502
Ive seen a video where xxxtentacion pronounced it and he gives it like a spanish accent...such a weirdo
>>
>>75154564
t. butthurt xxxtentacion fan
your idol is a wife beater and maniac, face it.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.