[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Here's the brutal truth: the so-called entry level stuff

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: cover.jpg (72KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
72KB, 700x700px
Here's the brutal truth: the so-called entry level stuff is usually the best. You may find a few hidden gems here and there but most music is crap.
>>
>>75151528
>bait
>>
>>75151528
>bait
>>
yeah if an album is actually good it will probably achieve success in at least some circles. too many mutants try to out obscure people who already have fairly niche music taste by popular standards.
>>
>>75151528

>bait
>>
guys i really like aphex twin!! especially the Richard d James album! do you guys think aphex twin is the best electronic musician? there's also daft punk and boards of Canada, they really cool too :DD
>>
>>75152565
Daft Punk is shit and liked by a different kind of person to AFX and BOC.
>>
>>75152565
>>75152620
They're all great artists. Stop being idiots.
>>
>>75152565
try less
>>
>>75151528
I don't know about your 'most music is crap' sentiment but as far as SAW 85-92 is concerned... yeah, it's the best
>>
>>75152620
>liked by a different kind of person to AFX and BOC.

yeah bro you're really special for thinking you're way too good for daft punk while listening to playskool IDM
>>
>>75152698
i actually think he was just pointing out that they're different genres
>playskool IDM

mega cringe
>>
>>75152698
Some people are dumb enough to assume that the average electronic music fan is such a simpleton that can enjoy only a handful of genres. Like it's impossible to like both AFX and Daft Punk.
>>
>>75152620
>afx
>boc
>daft punk
tiers of shit
>>
>If music is popular then it must be the peak of artistic achievement and production!
I hate this mentality. Lots of people eat McDonalds, does that make it gourmet food?
>>
>>75152978
If michelin star restaurants costed the same as mcdonalds, in the same why music costs the same, then they would be most popular
>>
>>75151528
Entry-level music has aesthetic sensibilities that appeal to a wide range of people. While the quality certainly has to be good to be popular, it doesn't necessarily mean that it has to be your favorite in a given genre. Nor does it mean that you should stop exploring a genre you like at the bare bones level because you think that "well other music in the genre is not as popular so it's probably not good." Well, you don't know that. Experiment a little. Don't be a dilettante.
>>
>>75152910
Just curious: what are your fave electronic artists?
>>
>>75153038
but you know that's false. you think Alinea would beat out McDonalds at the same price in the long run? most people would rather eat burgers than weirdo avant food.
>>
>>75152910
>>75152565
neither of these people will name their favorite artists
>>
reminder aphex twin is the goat
>>
>>75151528
I generally agree with the sentiment of this thread. The idea is not that "popular music = best", but that, within music enthusiast circles (NOT the general consciousness), the cream generally rises to the top. You shouldn't be shit on for saying Can is your favorite krautrock band, or Charles Mingus is your favorite jazz artist, or Aphex is your favorite electronic artist, because those are legitimately some of the best artists of their respective genres. They're well-known in music circles because they're good, not the other way around.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.