[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I used to think it wasn't as good as Kill Em All or Ride

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: master of puppets.png (2MB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
master of puppets.png
2MB, 1000x1000px
I used to think it wasn't as good as Kill Em All or Ride the Lightning, but now I think it's fucking awesome

It really does require some listening to truly appreciate it though, the quiet sections are what made me think it was boring initially, but now I think they're fucking epic
>>
A lot of Metallica's typical heavy/intense thrash riffs aren't honestly as creative/interesting as the best thrash has to offer. It's also why I myself like MOP or AFJA the most because they bring the most of the melodic sections, quiet sections, and just straight up instrumentals that may/may not have solos.
>>
>>75137278
Metallica is for fags
>>
RTL was also the most aggressive and thrashy they ever got.
>>
>>75137278
After years of listening to Metallica at 17 years old, I probably would have said the same thing. Years later, I can say that Kill 'Em All is their only good album.
>>
>>75137975
>After years of listening to Metallica at 17 years old
english jose or its over the wall
>>
>>75137334
>A lot of Metallica's typical heavy/intense thrash riffs aren't honestly as creative/interesting as the best thrash has to offer
To me the riffs are the ONLY interesting thing Metallica has, their rhythm section is godawful and ruins the band for me. As for proggy thrash like MoP or AJFA, it was just done so much better by others like Heathen, Artillery and the like.
>>
>>75138184
I started listening to Metallica when I was about 11. I was 17 a long time ago.
>>
Metallica is pretty shit IMO, Slayer just does it better.

Just like Priest is better then Maiden, with more creativity and changes over the years.(If you don't think so, listen to Priest more).
>>
>>75138315
>changes over the years
Yeah, like when they changed from good to shit in 1978.
>>
File: Unleashed.jpg (78KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Unleashed.jpg
78KB, 500x500px
>>75138315
This
>>
>>75138331
That's kinda subjective.

Screaming for Vengeance, Defenders of the Faith, Painkiller, etc. There's plenty of good albums.

But IMO they were pretty influential. Songs like Hell Bent for Leather are kind of like proto-power metal.
>>
I fucking love Metallica, mostly for James Hetfield. All of their albums are great one way of another.
>>
>>75137366

Bullshit, have you ever heard AJFA?
>>
One is just a straight up beautiful song
>>
>>75138315
You mean Slayer with their pointles diddly diddly wank guitar solos and Satanist gimmick? Metallica had a much more solid sound IMO.
>>
>>75138228
Lars in conjunction with how repetitive their midtempo chuggy heavy riffs are, is what kills the band for me. I definitely do agree that those bands get more creative with those sort of unconventional sections, but Metallica's kinda remind me of Sabbath so I still like them to an extent.
>>
>>75138471
>Metallica's kinda remind me of Sabbath
Speaking of which I swear they took the ending of Fairies Wear Boots and used it in For Whom the Bell Tolls.
>>
File: Peace_Sells_Cover.jpg (661KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Peace_Sells_Cover.jpg
661KB, 1000x1000px
>>75137278
RtL is better than MoP for its consistency. RTL only has one bad song - trapped under ice, while MoP has shit like the thing that should not be, disposable heroes and damage inc.

but pic related is better so who fucking cares
>>
>>75138469
Yeah I know their solos aren't amazing, Araya is half decent though as a vocalist.

If I want to listen to pure guitarist magic I listen to T-Mac.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKPZJ0nEq0E
>>
>>75138550
>shit like the thing that should not be, disposable heroes and damage inc.

Yeah OK, those 3 songs are better than half the shit on Peace Sells, and I fucking love that album.
>>
>>75137278
and justice for all > master of puppets > rest
>>
>>75137278
Orion and sanatrium are two of my favorite songs of all time but i think a lot of the other songs drag on to long. I still like the album but i think ride the lighting is much better overall.
>>
>>75137278

Theres alotta elements in this album that sets it apart from others

>That acoustic almost western intro
>Master of Puppets is the epitome metal track
>Orions spaced out effects and Cliffs lead
>Sanatarium
>Damage Inc ends the album with a bang

100/10 album
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.