[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>start out as industrial producer >realize industrial sucks

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

File: 1443720299652.png (63KB, 250x188px) Image search: [Google]
1443720299652.png
63KB, 250x188px
>start out as industrial producer
>realize industrial sucks
>start making EDM
>get good at it, realize most EDM is pleb shit
>ghost produced faggots everywhere
>as well as entitled douchebags who screw over others in dumbass ways for their own selfish gains
>done with this shitty ass industry

What's a good genre for quick bux these days? There has to be something good left in this world
>>
American Primitivism is a billion dollar industry. Try that.
>>
File: 1495056103372.png (18KB, 300x250px) Image search: [Google]
1495056103372.png
18KB, 300x250px
>2017
>still making pop
>not writing nu renaissance choral material
lol your late to the curve
>>
>what's a good genre-

there are NONE.
"music" can fuck off.
>>
>>75134737
fuck off then
>>
>>75134717
Interesting, share some favs?
>>75134734
Fuck, I must be getting old, I was still listening to post-renaissance dreamwave
>>
>>75134790
when you reply to my posts with things like this, it makes me look like a fucking dumbass
>>
>>75134842
haha oh weird /mu/ so wacky u never know what those crazy namefags ar e gonan do next !!! :+D :=D :_D
>>
>>75134866
when you reply to my posts with things like this, it makes me look like a fucking smartass
>>
just b urself and make cool music
Why you gotta put everything under a label?
>>
just fucking be original and don't follow fads you shallow fuckface
make music for yourself and your friends not to sign a pact with spinnin records
>>
>>75134931
That's fair, but the shit I like to do doesn't sell, need to make a living somehow. At this point, learning new styles isn't a disaster any more, so might as well learn something that pays my rent
>>
>>75134961
Spinnin' Records is everything that is wrong with EDM, plus their promotion is mediocre compared to actual labels lol

Eh I have dignity... am not a blind bandwagon hopper, fortunately
>>
>>75134963
>wants to pay rent with laptop music
>doesn't even have anything to say with music
yeah nah op you're fucked
>>
>>75134987
RIP, I guess I'll start writing sad pop songs and be a sadboi for money like 21 Pilots
>>
hey
i play and produce dadrock
how to mix that with EDM
>>
>>75135215
If you like funk or disco, you could go nu funk or nu disco. Else, look at the stuff Muse does for example. There's lots of ways to creatively mix dad rock with EDM, but you'll probably have to use EDM as a foundation. Most tracks composed as intro-build-drop-verse-build-drop-outro, get yourself a good hook somewhere in there and voila
>>
>>75135266
you mean music like Get Lucky
>>
>>75135314
Yeah, that kinda direction works, or like Uptown Funk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPf0YbXqDm0
>>
>>75135314
btw you can also be lazy and basically make a pop-format dad rock song with a short drop, like a lot of mainstream artists do nowadays to get on the radio with EDM. Too bad most of that stuff sucks lol
>>
>>75135431
is that like, having electronic drums instead of regular rock drums, and some synths added? what is a drop

>>75135401
ah i see. cool. i'm checking Muse also
>>
>>75134682
compose music for Japanese underground female idols, their fans buy hundreds of CDs at a time and you make royalties
plus you can do pretty much any genre you want these days
>>
>>75134737
oh no, I have deliberately entered a board full of things I do not like and now I am angry! how could this happen to me?
>>
>>75134979
I hate them and monstercat. Those two labels just sicken me. A good label is like eatbrain, vision, disciple, moving shadow, etc. ones that are able to pump out good music, but get the artist the necessary attention.
>>
>>75135504
Good drums should be tight and actually like one. A good example of drums done right is noisia, as they get them down well. Listen to hand gestures, shellshock, and thursday, as they'll get them to explode
>>
>>75134682
if you aint spreading a message via hip-hop, you aint living
>>
>>75134737
the ultimate contrarian
>>
>>75134682
>>realize industrial sucks
this is your problem
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.