[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Kanye West's qualitative decline after My Beautiful Dark

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_1966.jpg (254KB, 1000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1966.jpg
254KB, 1000x1500px
Kanye West's qualitative decline after My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy is significant because he went from being a trend-setter to a trend-hopper, who works on music less. In 2010, he was doing as much work as he possibly could with his abilities and circumstances. On Yeezus in 2013 though, he bit the second most praised album of 2012, The Money Store, as opposed to his student Kendrick's work. 2016's The Life of Pablo was somewhat influenced by Sufjan Stevens' Carrie & Lowell as well, the second most praised album of 2015, as opposed to his student Kendrick's work. He doesn't want to make himself look bad by biting his disciple, but does anyways as Lamar had sampled Sufjan on TPAB. Frankly, West has run out of original ideas, and lost his mind.
>>
I hate how many people on the internet think they can write articulately about music.
>>
>>75130364
>trend-setter

He was just a thief whose hit songs were only hits because of the catchy samples. Take away the samples and you literally take away every good song he has.
>>
>>75130379
I never insinuated I was articulate, you just misinterpreted me as your average insecure /mu/tant, which I'm not. You can't deny the degree of truth in my statements though.
>>75130385
Sampling is an awesome way to revive possibly underrated or forgotten hits from the old days, like those before the album age. Also, his original musical parts are quality too.
>>
The only truly trend setting records he released were College Dropout and MBDTF.

LR's jazz thing is certainly not new in hip hop.

808s Kanye himself said he copped the sound from Kid Cudi.

Graduation is just electropop.

Yeezus and TLOP are both heavily Travis Scott inspired.
>>
Kendrick is Kanye's student?? Lol?
I'll give you Yeezus being inspired by TMS but idk about ripping it. Yeezus has a very different style to it.
How is TLOP C&L influenced?
Where did TPAB sample Sufjan? I must've missed it

If this is bait I'm taking it
>>
>>75130807
Kendrick has made MULTIPLE references to Ye's influences on him in his music, and freestyled to some MBDTF beats.
Hood Politics sampled Sufjan's All For Myself.
Exactly how fucking stupid are you???
>>
After 808s Kanye > pre 808s kanye
>>
File: DJUmdTpVwAA9m7V.jpg (185KB, 799x1200px) Image search: [Google]
DJUmdTpVwAA9m7V.jpg
185KB, 799x1200px
>>
File: DJUmdTpUQAAzZzL.jpg (148KB, 799x1200px) Image search: [Google]
DJUmdTpUQAAzZzL.jpg
148KB, 799x1200px
>before they were famous

Tool and king crimson tour 2001
>>
>>75130364
i know where hes going to look next ;)

time for a pilgrimage
>>
>>75130364
>only listens to the first track on Yeezus

"whoah this sounds like death grips!"

Literally nothing outside of On Sight sounds like Death Grips. It sounds more like NLDW than anything of TMS either.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.