[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

~~ FOR ONCE absolutely no NIN/Trent-wankery ITT please ~~ L

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6

File: marilyn_manson_dark_prince_2017.jpg (29KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
marilyn_manson_dark_prince_2017.jpg
29KB, 500x500px
~~ FOR ONCE absolutely no NIN/Trent-wankery ITT please ~~

Let's discuss the new song and how excited /mu/ is about the new album. Shall we?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmblT8_9-7U
>>
File: 1503941896824.jpg (42KB, 656x552px) Image search: [Google]
1503941896824.jpg
42KB, 656x552px
hi
>>
>>75117619
So fucking childish.
>>
File: 1504389152998.jpg (19KB, 346x334px) Image search: [Google]
1504389152998.jpg
19KB, 346x334px
>>75117067
Okay lets have a proper conversation about the new Brian track.
>>
>>75117743
eh.
>>
i would've loved this when i was 14
>>
it was okay. not mindblowing or anything like that, but i enjoyed it. definitely better than most of their recent output, except for the pale emperor because it was a great album.
>>
>>75117067
get help brion
>>
>>75117067
Pretty okay considering his past few records. He still has the same lyric phrasing issues he's had for about a decade now.
>>
penut buber
>>
>>75117067
The good is that it sounds like pre Golden Age of Grotesque Manson. The bad is that it's boring as shit.
>>
I wish he'd just fucking retire already. He's pishing 50 and still trying to be relevent but he's really not. His music is sort of best enjoyed as a 90's-early 00's "historical significance" thing, where his music was a big part of the shock rock/ alt. movement but he hasn't put out anything decent in forever.

he's just kind of sad now desu.
>>
>tfw when the kid you thought would overshadow you creativity never did the moment you let go of his hand.
>>
>>75118815
Is it from too much Jack Daniel's or too little? Or both? It definitely had an enhancing effect on his vocals when he was younger, at least for his aesthetic.
>>
>>75119139
Too hardcore for Jack. Absinthe was his poison
>>
as i'm not 15 anymore, i don't care much for new manson

i'd listen to him if he could collaborate with massive attack or something
>>
It sounds like Manson, nothing new or fresh.
I never liked Manson much so I'm not hyped, but if the fans dig it, then good for them.
>>
>>75119106
>He's pishing 50 and still trying to be relevent but he's really not
>>75119399
>as i'm not 15 anymore, i don't care much for new manson
>>75118815

This is the problem with Manson. He's still using the same themes and "shock" garbage he was using 20 fucking years ago. The guy hasn't evolved at all, and in some ways actually devolved. The tunes aren't catchy like they were back then, either.

Imagine being almost almost 50 and essentially still being the same person you were at almost 30, except you're now fat and have alienated anyone who was worthwhile in your life. Manson peaked with Mechanical Animals and he's just been walking in circles ever since.
>>
>>75118273
is it actually good? i keep seeing people say this but haven't enjoyed anything of his except antichrist superstar and mechanical animals
>>
>>75120886
Give it a listen, I really liked it
>>
>>75117619
love the meme
>>
>>75120928
i probably will, do you think someone who wasn't ever a huge fanboy and just liked those two albums for being slightly edgy well done pop rock would like it?
>>
>>75120626
>Imagine being almost almost 50 and essentially still being the same person you were at almost 30, except you're now fat and have alienated anyone who was worthwhile in your life

BACK IN THE 90s, I WAS IN A VERY FAMOUS METAL BAND
>>
>>75117067
Same problem as Eminem, he's grown too old for the edgy shtick which his music entirely depended on. It's not as shocking anymore, even less so coming from someone pushing 50
>>
File: 1497422212891.jpg (203KB, 1388x874px) Image search: [Google]
1497422212891.jpg
203KB, 1388x874px
brion no more peabut butter
>>
>>75120626
Not all artist have to be trying to constantly evolve their sound. I actually like it when they don't sometimes. It sucks when a band or artist you like puts out a great album or two, but then completely changes their sound/play style until the point that the sounds that attracted you to them are gone. So I can understand not wanting to try to evolve just because people think that's the way it should go. Lots of times an artists evolution isn't forced and just comes about. So thinking an artist has to evolve to be relevant is kinda silly. But I guess everything is relative and everything is in the eye of the beholder.

He found what he likes/what his audience likes and stuck to it for the most part. Good for him.
>>
>>75117067
lol
I can't believe these fucking people still do the goth shit thing.
Milk it till its dry, I guess.
>>
>>75120886
Saw him live with Smashing Pumpkins couple years ago. I went with an uneasy feeling about How Manson's show would play out, but I was pleasantly surprised.

It Was really funny seeing all the religious freaks out front protesting before the show.
>>
>>75121666
First of all, nice digits., Second of all:

>Not all artist have to be trying to constantly evolve their sound. I actually like it when they don't sometimes.
Don't misunderstand me, I'm not saying some bands don't consistently put out enjoyable music without evolving much. I like Amon Amarth and those guys have barely changed at all over the years.

What I *am* saying is that Manson is clearly stuck in the late 90s / early 00s because it was his heyday. There's nothing more embarrassing than a man who refuses to grow up. He thinks he's some masterful artist or something. Most of his audience from the Antichrist Superstar and Mechanical Animals era grew up and moved on. Manson didn't. He's still living in the late 90s, refusing to grow up, and it's not evidenced just from his sound, but his lyrics. He's still droning out about the same stuff, 20 years on, and expecting people to think he's some fresh, iconoclastic artist.

His Trump video was cringeworthy and gave me flashbacks of when Ministry was putting out entire albums about how bad the Bush presidency was. Good grief.
>>
>>75117743
Something seems off about this guy.
Maybe it's his shirt, I'm not sure.
>>
trent's music isn't even that good ffs he's instantly outclassed when compared to most electronic musicians working today
>>
>>75121159
This is the most depressing reference I've seen yet due to how true it is for Manson
>>
File: rollingstone.jpg (63KB, 650x350px) Image search: [Google]
rollingstone.jpg
63KB, 650x350px
>>75122730
>this is what Manson fans want to believe.
>>75117067
It's just Manson trying to do his 90s thing but without any of the energy or clever lyricism of the past, for how loud the song is, it feels strangely boring, been there done that. I understand that evolution for some isn't always necesarry, but goddamn there is nothing interesting about this track, it is not even particularly fun.
From what I've heard from rest of the album (SAY10), this feeling seems to (so far) carry to the rest of the track.
Manson doesn't have the energy to dish out the anger he wants to like he attempts here. It is mediocre or worse. I am really dissapointed due to how long fans had to wait for this single to drop and how far away it was released.
Manson said the delays were to make the album better, so far I don't hear it, the production's awful on this thing, the vocals are a joke to what they used to be, which is a shame because in The Pale Emperor he took advantage of his dying cat voice and did something good with it.
I hope rest of the album will give us at least five good tracks or something
>>
>>75121399
Eminem can still dish out a good idea or a lyric there, he may be stuck in the past but for all it's worth his new material isn't awful like Manson's
>>75121686
It has been dried long time ago
>>
Sounds like badly produced Antichrist Superstar song, but not good.
I think I should listen to that album again instead
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.