[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I don't get it What type of person do I have to be

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: talk-talk-laughing-stock.jpg (132KB, 806x806px) Image search: [Google]
talk-talk-laughing-stock.jpg
132KB, 806x806px
I don't get it

What type of person do I have to be to enjoy this album?
>>
would you have to be, perhaps....

a sycophant?
>>
File: Laughing Stock.jpg (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Laughing Stock.jpg
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>75114835
Me
>>
>>75114835
Listen to it like jazz
>>
>>75114835
someone who pretends to have a superior taste in music without listening to loads of records and establishing what you like
>>
I like it
>>
>>75114945
Same dude, just ignore contrarians
>>
>>75114857
>a sycophant?
This.
>>
>>75114835
>What type of person do I have to be to enjoy this album?

not the type of person to start threads like this, i.e. someone with an actual personality and not a /mu/cel
>>
>>75114958
>/mu/cel
Im stealing this, thanks anon
>>
>>75114857
What's a sycophant?
>>
>>75114887
Not OP, but this is not like jazz. You are not hearing improvisation over a pedal point or a set of chord changes, this album is very static compared to jazz. I'd listen to it trying to notice the different textures and instruments that come in and out with each section; trying to notice the subtle changes throughout each piece
>>
>>75114835
it takes a certain level of intelligence to appreciate the work of Mr. Hollis. I would estimate that a few years of dedicated study in a sufficiently advanced subject, say at least a master's in theoretical physics, should demonstrate sufficient mental competence.
>>
>>75114976
Its jazz bro
>>
>>75115014
Other than the instrumentation, how?
>>
midbrow scum
>>
>>75114997
>it takes a certain level of intelligence to appreciate the work of Mr. Hollis. I would estimate that a few years of dedicated study in a sufficiently advanced subject, say at least a master's in theoretical physics, should demonstrate sufficient mental competence.
cringe
>>
Ballads.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.