[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what's the point of buying a monosynth if you don't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: korg_ms20_mini_alt_lg[1].jpg (139KB, 1200x668px) Image search: [Google]
korg_ms20_mini_alt_lg[1].jpg
139KB, 1200x668px
what's the point of buying a monosynth if you don't have a fetish for vintage gear?
>>
Sounds different
>>
is the ms20 the best mono on the market for its price rn?
>>
>>75114324
what's point of buying a hardware when you can download the same software synth?

>muh authentic vintage aged filters
Oh, come on. You know there's no difference, it's all wishful thinking
>>
>>75114374
it looks cool and you can touch it
>>
>>75114374
you don't even have to have a software synth, you can make a decently fat farty sawtooth on pretty much anything
>>
>>75114374
Why fuck pussy when you can just jackoff?
>>
>>75114374

workflow. some find it easier to actually touch things
>>
>>75114350
in terms of features and being semi-modular, yes.
it would cost you $2000 to get a two-oscillator two-filter modular set up with as much functionality as a $250 ms20

but it sounds like shit imho, noisy gritty piece of dirt
>>
>>75114324
I have a Microbrute and I love it because I can physically twist a few knobs and have an interesting sound within seconds. It's just a lot less frustrating to me than all the clicking and menu diving of working with a softsynth. Having some limitations is nice as well because it forces you to work with what you have.

As for the mono part, I don't really find myself ever wanting a poly. I guess it's like somebody choosing to play a wind instrument instead of keys.
>>
>>75114374
>it's all wishful thinking
then why are all 303 software emulators trash?
>>
>>75115221
microbrute is relatively inexpensive and highly portable, yet some people prefer to get a bulkier, more expensive option
>>
>>75115875
are you having a hard time remembering that some people record music in their studios and might value the sound over the portability and cost in that case?
>>
>>75116002
>are you having a hard time remembering that some people record music in their studios
those people aren't you.
>>
tell me why I shouldn't get a minilogue
>>
>>75116002
i don't see how the sound justifies the price tag.
>>
>>75115290
>303
lol
because there's nothing to emulate
>>
>>75114324
i don't want to fuck everything i buy
>>
>>75116133
>being this retarded
>>
>>75114374
better for live sets ya hermits
>>
>>75114374
Then why do guys like Eric Persing say they sound different even though he runs a software company?
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.