[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I don't get it What type of person do I have to be

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 6

File: l7s608.jpg (220KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
l7s608.jpg
220KB, 600x600px
I don't get it

What type of person do I have to be to enjoy this album?
>>
The entire album is a bit heavy, it must be digested via repeated listens.
Lateralus itself as a track is extremely easy to get into and is probably one of the best things Tool has ever made (this will probably be called a pleb opinion because it's so popular it's "Radiohead best track is Creep" tier, but whatever).
So basically just listen to Lateralus over and over until you can get into the rest of the album, it's your key into the rest of their shit.
>>
>>75106940
Its fucking awesome
>>
>>75106940
how can you not get a tool track"
>>
just listen to that transition between parabol/parabola
>>
lols

i remember when tool was a sideshow at lollapolooza
>>
>>75106940
you have to be reeeeeally gay
>>
somewhat musical, somewhat mathematical. try writing an essay on what separates the grudge from a system of a down chorus, faggot.
>>
>>75108062
>try writing an essay on what separates the grudge from a system of a down chorus, faggot.
Why the homophobia?
>>
>>75108083
olol and why the homework?
>>
File: R-847868-1186776713.jpeg.jpg (63KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
R-847868-1186776713.jpeg.jpg
63KB, 500x500px
>>75106940
it is somewhat cheesy and lyrics are edgy, but music is p good and production is top notch

same goes to pic related, but despite it having even edgier lyrics, /mu/ still is all over it
>>
>>75108083
4chan?
>>
>>75108358
TDS is a concept album, it's about a person losing their faith, then getting into heavy addiction of drugs/sex/self harm and eventually killing themselves.

It's not literally telling you not to have faith or that religion is stupid, it's meant to be seen from the point of a person that HAD faith and wanted to believe, crashing down when being faced by the horrors of reality around us that seem incompatible with the idea of a loving god.
If you think making an album like that is "edgy" then "edgy" as a term has become a meme at this point and doesn't mean anything anymore.
>>
>>75108641
Bodied >>75108358
>>
File: DIBBYDEB.jpg (21KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
DIBBYDEB.jpg
21KB, 480x480px
>>75108641
my dude
>>
File: 9.jpg (17KB, 436x296px) Image search: [Google]
9.jpg
17KB, 436x296px
>>75108641
Niceee
>>
tool are trash

if you were a teenager really into metal lateralus might be the best thing you've ever heard. everybody else knows that metal is corny as fuck.

this is a pretentious album for pseudo-intellectuals who are REALLY self conscious about their critical incompetence :^)
>>
>>75109384
But Tool isn't even metal.
>>
>>75107878
what are you quoting?"
>>
>>75108641
based trent poster
>>
File: IMG_1376.jpg (56KB, 426x345px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1376.jpg
56KB, 426x345px
>He fell for the music/ideology based lifestyle meme
>>
>>75109819
Frankly i find the new generation of "i don't give a fuck about anything, i don't stand for anything and i'll never take strong opinions about anything" even more aggravating.

It's even worse when you get kids that act completely neutral but then they go online and act like alt-right shitheads, -only- online, never having the balls to actually do anything about it IRL.
Hell, most of the time they don't even believe in half the shit they say on the internet and they're just bored/want to feel unique.
I'd take some idiots that wants to smash up a store because he believes in something and wants to act, over some sedentary "jaded" neckbeard any time of the week.
The punk kid might be an idiot but at least he's trying to do something with his life and leave some kind of mark.
>>
>>75106940
not a pleb
>>
>>75109922
What no. Im not saying dont have beliefs or taste in music im just saying dont be a faggit about it.
>>
>>75106940
fuck it, I'll be the one to say it:
a tool
>>
>>75109922
Also fuck you with trying to leave a mark with your life. You want to do that pick up a hammer and get an apprenticeship. Smashing stores and punching old women is just fucking retarded.
>>
>>75109922

>Frankly i find the new generation of "i don't give a fuck about anything, i don't stand for anything and i'll never take strong opinions about anything" even more aggravating.

Oldfag here. I don't see this at all. In fact many 4chan guys are just like the goofy punks in that picture: they're fringe people.

It's the normies that coast through life simply agreeing with whatever is in vogue. I see a lot of young fringe types in all political camps being very keenly aware of geopolitics and ideology - granted they have better utility to do so these days, and the internet is very steadily laying waste to the Gutenberg mind and the overall quality of discourse in a way that I find alarming - yet to say that this newer generation is more lacking in that same spirit is simply not the case. It's just been codified through more abstruse means due to the newer tech that they use.
>>
>>75109953
It's a form of expression, violence, creativity and being constructive have the same energy behind them, the raw energy typical of the youth.
It basically comes from the same place, it's just processed in different ways.

Some kids grow up to build shit, other smash shit, as far as i'm concerned both of them are expressing themselves, what i personally can't stand are the kids just shitposting on their PCs 24/7.
That's not building nor breaking anything, it's just this flat, tasteless blob of gray where nothing changes.
>>
File: IMG_1373.jpg (49KB, 363x450px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1373.jpg
49KB, 363x450px
>>75109992
agreed. Fuck breakfags though.
>>
>>75108641
>"edgy" as a term has become a meme at this point and doesn't mean anything anymore.
It's been this way for a long time now, same with "pretencious". They are just buzzwords.
>>
>>75109988
Anon shitposting on /pol/ and twitter all day isn't political activism, that's what i'm trying to say.
Everyone has "strong political opinions" these days that they just enact on the internet, and not in real life, that's the issue i'm presenting.

Using the internet as a means for discussion and getting your opinion out there is normal, ONLY using the internet and acting like a scared little bitch IRL isn't, it's not healthy at all and it's warping this entire generation's mindset.
They grow up spergy, socially autistic, and don't understand nor accept certain responses to stupid shit they might say in real life that they normally spout online, expecting the same consequences.
They end up being unable to actually interact with other people IRL when talking politics and different points of views.
>>
>>75109992
>the raw energy typical of the youth.
Shut the fuck up. The only reason the youth of today act like this is because they are too lazy to work and they just do random shit instead. The youth of today are forever kids trapped in adult bodies. For shame.
>>
>>75110060
Sad!
>>
>>75110074
>le zmurpf meme
Just fuck off.
>>
>>75110060
Stop hanging around numales and get an apprenticeship. The world isnt as cucked as you think.
>>
>>75110091
The world is exxactly as cucked as I think it is, when you think about the fact that most people migrate to the cities in order to find an easier way of living, therefore becoming lazy, which only becomes more pronounced the further in the future you go. I seriously think no body is going to work in 2 generations from now.
>>
>>75110110
Thats not a bad thing though, carpentry has royally fucked my body. Woodworking and fishing will never fade away.
>>
>>75110024

>it's not healthy at all and it's warping this entire generation's mindset.

You can't blame these kids for this. That is a gross over-simplification of the matter to the point of naivety.

>It's even worse when you get kids that act completely neutral but then they go online and act like alt-right shitheads, -only- online, never having the balls to actually do anything about it IRL.

Because "-only- online" are they free from the insidious fascist reproaches of the so-called leftists who will literally ruin a person's life as a means of "education". There is no free marketplace of ideas, it has been strong-armed by faux progressives who act through fascist silencing as they purport to speak out against it.

The truth is at the higher strata the left/right dichotomy no longer exists. It did once, but not anymore. They play one side off the other to keep people chasing symptoms instead of paying attention to an international banking collective that is actively working against all of them for later goals; it's all a ruse.
>>
>>75110138
>Woodworking and fishing will never fade away.
Just give it some time, it will become automated too.
You should be proud of your brokeness. At least you tried to be something other than a manchild.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.