[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d38 1uzz18yI Can we talk ab

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d381uzz18yI

Can we talk about what a masterpiece this is, please?

Honestly, I thought Spooky Black was done and we'd never hear from him again.

But then he comes out with this. And it's fucking so full of emotion and so well produced. Straight speechless.
>>
>>75100868
its not that good. whole album showcases his how weak he is lyrically

was hoping for more songs like mourn and worn but was let down
>>
>>75100881

You don't have a brain. ESPECIALLY if your complaint is that it's lacking lyrically.
>>
>>75100868
The fold up is great.
>>
>>75100868
loved it. some really great progress for him and his choice of production was really cool, felt a ton of influences
>>
>>75102471

Production was super interesting. Agreed
>>
>>75103214
80s vibe.
>>
>>75102471
>>75103214
>>75103537
all produced by shlohmo and d33j
>>
>>75103677
Good prod.
>>
>>75100868
spook is my motherfucking nigga i'm gonna listen to this right now i'm so excited
>>
wish hed done some more dope varied vocal stuff like on ICE BOY but its still great. production is great, both warm and chilly at the same time. solid stuff and doesnt overstay its welcome.
>>
>>75104808

Pretty accurate observation about it not overstaying it's welcome.

I almost wished the album could've went on longer but it being so concise kept it strong the whole way through.
>>
More people should know about SB.
>>
sounded a bit samey on first listen but i'll try again. that might change.
>>
>>75100868
What the fuck, this is not shit!
>>
for all of you lads that don't know, Corbin said that this is a concept album. It kind of felt that way with tracks like Revenge song and The Fold Up, but knowing it is confirmed makes the album come together in a more satisfying way.
>>
>>75106757
what's the concept?
>>
>>75106788
Man convinces a/his girl to move into the woods with him, he then dies in a plane crash and she has to return to her old life.

up until Revenge song the album seems very classically Spooky Black, but that is more or less the man giving up on society and trying to convince this girl to do the same. Revenge Song is pretty blatant in its meaning, and All Out marks the point at which both characters agree. Hunker Down and Something Safe are their time together in the wild, and The Fold Up explains the crash and girl's return to life and self medication over the events. Dragged caps it all with a postmortem apology to the girl. Comfy shit.
>>
>>75106854
First time I heard of this guy, very skeptical at first (I am old), on the second song now, reading this I think I am sold.
>>
>>75106854
I didn't know any of that. Pretty cool. Sb clearly puts a lot of thought into his music.
>>
>>75106854
After listening to the whole thing I guess it's nice to know the story but it's not clear from the lyrics alone at all.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.