[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how come i have never heard any other bands or people play g

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: KowiUPSf.jpg (55KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
KowiUPSf.jpg
55KB, 512x512px
how come i have never heard any other bands or people play guitar like grateful dead?
what style is it and how do they even make their guitars sound like that.
the guitar solo and at the end of this song is a good example of their unique sound.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVnjtmgIJfs&feature=youtu.be&t=222
>>
dude weed lmao
>>
>>75098595
major pentatonic scale
>>
Can anyone explain why Sirius has dedicated Grateful Dead stations? Is there a cult following I don't know about? Who are these guys
>>
>>75098595
mutron filter pedal
>>
>tfw in a band with two people who think the greatful dead is the greatest band to every grace the history of this planet and they always try to incorporate elements of their music into ours, namely, hour long guitar solos that just sound like rambling, improvisation that sounds NOT GOOD, and a million song transitions

fuck this stupid gay ass band
>>
>>75098595
CALIFOOORNIA
>>
/mu/ doesn't listen to guitar music, they like indie bands who play bad on purpose to be hip.
>>
>>75098642
there is a huge cult following .
but they are getting older now.
50+ years old people.
my dad went to alot of their concerts and i never understood why it was so good.
then i went to one of their concerts now when they changed their name to further and it was a really great time.
>>
>>75098595
Jerry Garcia was very into gear. He was the very first person to buy the eBow at NAMM. The effect you hear in that song isn't at all unique, it's done using a wah pedal, and if you listened to more rock you'd realise it's incredibly common.

>>75098606
Because only the grateful dead used drugs
>>
>>75098642
they have the biggest cult following of any american band probably
>>
>>75098595
their secret is, Jerry was a massive wanker
>>
File: Tiger_Detail-01.jpg (353KB, 1794x2238px) Image search: [Google]
Tiger_Detail-01.jpg
353KB, 1794x2238px
>>75098666
jerry garcia was sick at guitar.
>>
>>75098595
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lldRUTRWA6g
>>
>>75098666
Don't blame The Dead because you're in a shitty band that can't play.
>>
>>75098595
Maybe check out James Blood Ulmer dude

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6t3t191iNM
>>
>>75098666
yfw literal autist who knows fuckall
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.