[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's /mu/'s favorite double album? I'm throwing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: 51W9PeYHZlL.jpg (59KB, 500x492px) Image search: [Google]
51W9PeYHZlL.jpg
59KB, 500x492px
What's /mu/'s favorite double album?

I'm throwing London Calling into the ring- there's not a bad song on it, though I admit Lover's Rock doesn't do anything for me. I really like the White Album and Blonde on Blonde, but they both have quite a bit of filler.

Best Track: Probably "Lost in the Supermarket" or "Death or Glory", for tying the album together thematically, exploring the effects of blind consumerism and fame, and being very catchy. Hard to do all that at once.

My Favorite Track: Koka-Kola. The Clash sprint through this satirical depiction of the crazy, madcap life of marketing executives. The Clash dip into a lot of genres with LC, but this is the pure punk that put them on the map.

I'm still getting into music, so I mostly just know the really famous albums. I'm interested to hear what double albums you guys like
>>
Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness is a GOAT double album.
>>
>>
Sing to God.
>>
The Fragile is another good one, although the vinyl is a triple album

>>75098252
I really love London Calling just because it does what it's trying to do incredibly well
It's so many different callbacks to so many different punk influences, but it's still punk rock to the core
>>
Tago Mago
Daydream Nation
>>
>>75098252
Zen Arcade
Double Nickels on the Dime
Electric Ladyland
>>
File: Songs_in_the_key_of_life.jpg (135KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Songs_in_the_key_of_life.jpg
135KB, 300x300px
>>
Fleet wood Mac - Tusk
>>
>>75098252
London calling is one of my favorite albums but I just can't enjoy Jimmy Jazz, Guns of Brixton, Wrong em Boyo, Koka Kola and Revolution Rock
>>
File: 51QLH0nrLkL.jpg (49KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
51QLH0nrLkL.jpg
49KB, 500x500px
This was the Rocket to Russia tour. It is also the 1977-78 New Year's Eve concert in London.

This is classic Ramones at their beast doing almost everything from the first three albums. After this particular tour, Tommy would quit The Ramones.

To this day, I don't know why this album was never released in the U.S. (Same goes for The Runaways Live in Japan album, and Whoremoaning by Nirvana)
>>
>>75100165
Mah nigga!
>>
>>75100603
I fucking hate Jimmy Jazz. That song ruins the entire album. real shame considering most of the rest of the songs are really good
>>
Leaves Turn Inside You.
>>
The River.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.